• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

does someone have a plowed road around willow point,

there hasnt been enough snow to plow all winter. youll be fine

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckycrank

• Matt C

• hawkeye43

• smeese

Someone has plowed today from the beach to Best Point, Thanks who did it, tonight there about a dozen cars and trucks racing around, maybe thats why I don't fish nights any more out there. and we wonder why they are not wanting people driving on the lakes. mad

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking about heading out there tmmrw morning for the first time. Can anyone tell me the ice conditions? Mainly looking for white bass action. Let me know. Thanks!

I think you will be disapointed if strictly looking for stripers as I call them.

• 2 weeks later...

Did they get any notable catfish out of there?

Truth, you haven't been making any midnight runs outta Mankato launch with contraband in tow, have ya? I know you've said a couple 13-14 times that your boat won't fully drain whistle There mighta been a flathead that turned up in a commercial seine.

• 3 months later...

Heading to Tetonka Friday-Saturday, I have a hard time fishing this lake. Could someone help a bro out on this. I will be with the parents on their Pontoon. I know most of the structure. Just limited to fishing out of a floating house!

Brother is taking my boat for the week so I don't have any fancy gadgets to fish with. Going old school.

I will be trying to fish for some eyes. Any help would be most appreciated. There is high deff graph with chip. I was out their a couple weeks ago, only caught some northerners and sheep's. Don't know it good enough and limited to cork fishing ,drifting or trolling!

i lived in town for 7 years and still fish this lake a ton.....i have yet to find a real pattern of eyes out there, wish I could be more help.

I can only find em in the winter on that lake for whatever reason. Maybe I should try harder.

Start punching weeds for eyes. 2c

Truth I've heard this term (punching weeds) before but not really sure of the technique or what's needed gear wise to do it? I'm guessing your going right in the thicker weeds with weedless jigs? Are you litterally just busting through weeds?

Fish in the weeds, from the weed edge right on into the thick stuff. Walleye fisherman can learn a lot from how the bass guys fish weeds. Find the forage.

There are lots of methods/baits for weed fishing.

Different methods for weed edges vs holes vs thick vegi. Pitching jigs, running spinners, bobbers, punch rigs, carolina rigs, wacky, senko.....whatever gets you into the strike zone within the weeds and you are looking to draw a reaction strike. Endless methods for fishing in the weeds. I like a jig, spinner, or punch rig. Snap and fall.

See youtube videos for fishing in weeds.

I catch most my walleyes on tetonka in/around weeds.

When you get sick of your plastic falling off of your hook/jig, pick up some Hitch Series Trailer Keepers or make your own. They work awesome when snapping plastics.

I heard from my pest control guy today that lives on the lake, its starting to turn and the weeds have died off?

There's a deep water crank bite that can be decent out there too. Also, even when the curlyleaf dies, there are still some native weeds up in the 2-5' range that will hold some fish. Casting cranks to them or trolling them if you find a long enough stretch can work.

Mid-summer is darn tough around here period, but working what is left of those weeds and fishing the deep basins with cranks are your best shots out there. Use your locator and you should see where you need to run em.

Its a deep green along the north shore, no windows open with a south wind for a while

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the report smile I like your join date BTW lol. Should be able to drive a few hundred yards off shore then Sunday. Going out 7am Sunday

HA yea I guess I never really looked at the date! But ya I would think so. I only have a hand auger so it sucked drilling the holes. Good luck.