• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gull Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Traxxx

• gregg52

• Sportland_Bait

• kingfish689

I live on Gull and fish the lake about as much as anyone. Gull has a really nice population of big Northern Pike but I honestly have not caught a Muskie on Gull and do not know anyone else that has either. This includes many of the top anglers in the area. Don't waste your time.

I was on the Mississippi river with my son Wednesday and Thursday of this week and did catch one nice ski and had a really big Muskie explode on my big spinner bait but he missed it. The Mississippi River in the Brainerd area does have a good population of Muskie's. Cedar Lake by Atkin is also a lake that is managed for Muskie's and may be worth a try.

I have been out on Gull several times this week, Bass are tough to catch right now?

Catching some small fish here and there but no fish at all on much of the main lake stuff?

Has anyone else been catching them?

I can catch some off docks and a ton of small fish in shallow water but no nice ones?

Caught some at 10-12 feet live bait rigging. That was two weeks ago though. One was pretty respectable. I had a bad graph but I think they were on a craggy thing. I tried one of my usually reliable shallow spots and got zilch.

We've been still getting a few nices ones but its taking some work. The big ones we've been getting have been pretty spot on spot. I think its probably a combination of them still recovering from the spawn, weather, lots of forage and pressure. Last year we had a lull about this time, give em a week or two and they'll be hammerin again. cool

I have gotten more then I ever wanted on grassy point while fishing walleye. I have been fishing else where because of the bass there. I keep given it a try but mostly getting pike and bass on grassy point. I always stop there for a bit on my way out on the lake form the landing by zorbas.finding them right on yhe edge of the drop 6- 10 fow.maybe that will help you find them good luck and see you on the water

There are muskies in gull not many but they are there.their were two caught during the pike turney there last year and you hear of one caught every now and then and I have seen one on my aqua vu so I know they are there just not worth time fishing.but you cant go wrong fishing pike on gull. A guy does not have to fish gull long before getting real nice pike.have fun fishing and see you on the water

I caught a 40" pike on Gull fishing for walleyes on a crawler/spinner in the same spot that I caught a 10" walleye 5 minutes before!

Never seen or heard of any ski's though!

the question is are you catching a ton of walleyes while your bass fishing? All i catch when i am walleye fishing is bass!

ok its official Gull is broken the bass think they are eyes and the eyes think they are bass... I blame G.W Bush!

I have been out on Gull several times this week, Bass are tough to catch right now?

Catching some small fish here and there but no fish at all on much of the main lake stuff?

Has anyone else been catching them?

I can catch some off docks and a ton of small fish in shallow water but no nice ones?

I can't believe it, you, a hard time catching bass grin It hasn't so hot here either.

Yep its official Gull is broke! I caught more walleyes this AM on jig worms, crankbaits and tubes than bass!!!

I caught a few nice ones on the weedline, all on past icons, but they are pretty spotty The hot weather for few days should bring them around

If anyone wants to catch some nice eyes 17-23" tie on a jig worm and throw it in the cabbage Dinner

Caught a nice walleye on a jig n' pig tonight, hit it like a bass, had three others follow it right to the boat. crazy walleyes

How are the pike biting? What baits are best, and I hear the bass are still slow also.

Well they are still not biting great, but ended up scratching a few nice ones today at the Camp Confidence classic for second place and big bass we never caught more than one nice fish off a spot and caught all our nice ones with different presentations.

Fun event if you have never fished it you need to next year!

Caught a few bass around/under docks on Friday evening. Couldn't buy a walleye on Sat. Looks like I wasn't deep enough.

swampbuck-nice work on the bass. We didn't go through the numbers of bass saturday either. They should be taking off any day. The water temps are getting better. I would say by mid week the bass bonanza will be here. Are you fishing the bass tournaments this weekend on gull and wf?

TK

Trying to figure out when does gull lake gets warm enough to swing in? Anyone has average temp readings?

yesterday was anywhere from 70-73 North end was cooler than the south end. I would say it is swim time already:)

Found em stacked up in one 75 yard spot tonight. They were chasing schools of small perch in 6-7 Fow.

What tournament is on Gull this weekend?

Camp Confidence Team Tournament this coming weekend. Saturday on Whitefish and Sunday on Gull.

The entire lake is loaded with bass. A good starting place is on either end. The small lakes on the north end or down in Wilson or Steamboat bays. Bassin season is really picking up so you should start to be able to get plenty of action everywhere.

Jason Erlandson

• 2 weeks later...

Heading up to fish a few lakes but plan on starting on Gull. Without having seen the lake before I was just wondering what sort of pattern works well this time of year. I'd like to get on a good crankbait bite. Anyone have any luck crankin? Should I stick to fishing slow like t-riggin the edges or fish slop and visual cover? Any help would be great and keep your secrets secret. I just don't wanna pound my head on the dash the whole ride home because I talked myself into fishing the wrong water just because it looked fishy to me.