• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bait? Who has the real jumbo leeches?

CDubya

Anyone been around to the bait shops yet? The jumbos this year have any size to them?

i know here in st.cloud there are not the biggest what they say is there jumbo i would call it a lg

blue ribbon has some decent sized leeches... their meds are pretty big for mediums so their jumbos are probaly big. hope you find sum.

waleyhuntr

We received our first batch a couple of days ago. They were pretty good. The real hogs show up in a couple of weeks, but they are pretty good. We have an awesome leech trapper. I'd rank the leeches he gets right up there with some of the best in the state. I'm guessing if we get a few days of decent weather we should get some great looking leeches again this week. Like 7-8 dozen per pound.

Jason Erlandson

I would guess they will keep getting better but right now with the cold temps they haven't been too large

Check Vados.

I'm not buying jumbos, unless the large are running small. I'm getting med & large.

Thanks all. Was just trying to get an idea if they are big yet. Uh This week goes by slow. Opener is more exciting than any holiday.

5" Gulp leeches

I am going to try them this opener. I will have my brother running live leaches and I will run Gulp and see how it goes. Two fish in a row on one or the other will be my test.

There aren't a ton of Jumbos out there just yet - its been too coool and too much rain. Give it 2-3 weeks before you start getting real good jumbos. We'll have em at Jewell Outdoors.

Where do you get leeches at 7-8 dozen? Those are monsters! What do you pay for them?

carefull with the gulp alive leeches they turn grey in color in cold water... they wont touch a dead looking leech... especially a real big one this time a year...

What is the difference in the Gulp alive vs. Gulp in the single package?

no real difference but i dont think you can dip the gulp in the bag in the gulp alive sauce or they get super big or something like that...

I used Gulp Alive last year on Mille Lacs on opener. It had the pretty much the same results as live leeches rigging on the sand. I used live leeches corking. They do turn gray in color when the water is cold...but it seemed once the water hit 50-55 degrees later in the year that wasn't an issue anymore. They also worked pretty well on spinner rigs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rivergroup
      Heading up to LV a week from today with the kids. Any advice for us? Staying on the West side but open to traveling if the weather permits.   The way the last few weeks have gone, might stay for good!!!
    • leech~~
      Do have Wi-Fi in your house. Your going to need that to work with any of the cameras that send a signal and video to your phone.  Hardwire is the best but battery power workers well for about two months then you have to pull them and recharge them.  It is nice to sit on a beach in Key West and keep an eye on your house when gone! 👌
    • smurfy
      SO.......you dont think the BEWARE OF WIFE sign is sufficient???? 😂😄   seriously.......i'm no help!!!!
    • Dash 1
      With all the craziness in the world I’m looking at getting an outdoor security camera setup for my home. Anyone have ideas on what works well without a huge cost  and easy to do . Or is it better to go with a company to set it up.  We have recently had copper thefts in the area at farmers fields and bin sites and I know it will only gat worse as these things always do. I probably want something that hooks up to my phone as well and wondering if there is a good one with either battery life or if wired is better. Any thoughts are welcome. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Aren't they the ones that ran into problems about illegal bait? Anyone know how that turned out?
    • chaffmj
      You launch on Moose Lake to get to the motorized portage. It's called Prairie portage. To get to the portage you put in at Moose Lake. From Moose you go into Newfound Lake. From Newfound you go into Sucker Lake. On Sucker is where Prairie portage is. There is a dock on the American side and on the Canadian side there is big sign welcoming you to Canada. Latourell's Resort runs the portage and the cost for the portage is $40 for a round trip.
    • mulefarm
      Will that blond haired kid have that cool little orange boat in the show this weekend? Saw him driving around by Muskego Point a few times this summer.
    • smurfy
      Hey  stranger!!👌
    • delcecchi
      Nope, there are parts of Basswood that allow motors.   Entry is from Fall Lake, and there is (I think) a motorized portage.   It is really popular in the spring...
    • smurfy
      had that happen last year on a lake. doing pretty good with sunfish till momma 2 youngins showed up........we moved!!!!🥴 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.