• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

I also have to wonder how many Vikings-fan-Favre-haters will grouse about all the attention he gets from the media once he's wearing a purple uni. winkwink

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Yes 4wanderingeyes the force is strong and you will jump on the band wagon as well when #4 is printed on Purple!!!

Yes 4wanderingeyes, you are the chosen one. The one chosen to lead the Minnesota Vikings Favre Fan Club. It is your destiny!!!

I know I will be buying a Favre jersey if the vikes get him. I bought a jets one last year. I have always been a fan and was happy when he left GB.

Plans for the year.

Farve to start, he will mentor Sage and Booty who will fight it out for if and when Farve decides to "for sure" hang it up.

T Jack will be offered to be a offensive receiver/slot back/h back or to be released.

John Madden will come out of retirement just to do the commentary on vikes games.

John Madden will come out of retirement just to do the commentary on vikes games.

There is a report out that Madden texted "NO" to Al Michaels when asked if he would return to the booth.

grin

Yes 4wanderingeyes, you are the chosen one. The one chosen to lead the Minnesota Vikings Favre Fan Club. It is your destiny!!!

Yes Luke, the force is strong with this one grin .

I will cheer for the Viking's, and if Favre happens to be the QB, he may get a cheer or two from me, but I still will never be a Favre fan. You will never see me in a #4 Viking's jersey unless it has Booty on the back.

"As the World turns"

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, free agent Brett Favre is actively recruiting unemployed quarterback coaches to help him work out in Mississippi as he prepares to play football in 2009.

Mort also dismisses a prior report that Favre had already hired a personal trainer. Favre seems intent on continuing his career and could be a Viking by the end of the week if his meeting with coach Brad Childress goes well.

I would be absolutely shocked if he actually ended up here. You would see all of our games sell out real quick. And for all those Packers fans who come over here when Green Bay comes to town, who would they cheer for??? Would love to see him throw for 300 yards and 4 touches against his old club. grin

And for all those Packers fans who come over here when Green Bay comes to town, who would they cheer for???

My Packers, of course. If Favre wears purple, he's the enemy. gringrin

It's getting pretty close to a lock now. I believe Favre is going to be our starting QB in 2009. It's got me pretty excited to see how well this works out.

I'm with wandering, yea if he gets here I'll support him. But I'll also boo him if he turns to carp.

Just what the Vikes need when they want to milk the clock, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, impose their will, win the battle of the trenches, and play good defense...A guy to take risks and put the ball up for grabs (The question is, am I talking about Rosenfels, TJack, or Favre?). Way to find a guy that fits the style of play you've built.

BTW, bring him in, make no guarantees on whether or not he will be the starter, make him earn starting job. Let him suit up for a couple years, then make him QB coach

Da Chise...that's not the style they've built around---that's the end result when you have no other options.

I hope that last post was a joke Zamboni...or do you really believe that a 39 year old future HOF'er is going to come in and have a three way competion for the starting job...?????? C'mon.

Spoken like a true Viking fan.

Sandmannd

"I'm with wandering, yea if he gets here I'll support him. But I'll also boo him if he turns to carp."

With what I have witnessed this would be nothing new. One person or the whole team, support only comes with wins. If the team is struggling they lose support. Viking fan equals fair weather fan.

If you have questions about this fact check on TV blackouts. Ask a Viking fan to explain this.. he will be able to.... a Packer fan will look at you and say what the F are you talking about what is a black out?

Alot of IF's, AND or BUT's here. First one being...is his arm healed? Second one...does he still have it in his HEART to play, or is it just for veangance against Thompson? One can win with heart, not with anger. If he comes back, I will cheer him individually but as a Packer fan... 2 games a year, he will be the enemy. The rest of your season still has to be played...not mailed in.

How is it fair weather to boo when you someone isn't performing? Like I said, I don't want him here. If he ends up here, I'll chear on the team. But I'll boo the 32 picks he throws in a game.

As far as blackouts, check the economy. Lots of folks can't afford a 2-400 dollar day to go to a game and how do you justify it when the product on the field is sub-par. So be cause you don't go to a game and chear them on from home, that makes you fair-weather? Whatever. I actually got season tickets this year so I'll be at half the games for sure.

Spoken like a true Viking fan.

Sandmannd

"I'm with wandering, yea if he gets here I'll support him. But I'll also boo him if he turns to carp."

With what I have witnessed this would be nothing new. One person or the whole team, support only comes with wins. If the team is struggling they lose support. Viking fan equals fair weather fan.

If you have questions about this fact check on TV blackouts. Ask a Viking fan to explain this.. he will be able to.... a Packer fan will look at you and say what the F are you talking about what is a black out?

Good post!!!

Economy doesnt have anything to do with the blackouts either!! If you a true fan you will do anything to see your team!

Citing sources close to free agent Brett Favre, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Favre signing with Minnesota is far from a done deal due to a "significant tear" in his right biceps tendon.

The Journal Sentinel calls the health of Favre's throwing arm "likely...the determining factor." Favre's injury has reportedly improved little since last year. His options are playing hurt -- which Favre did ineffectively in 2008 -- or having arthroscopic surgery that would sideline him until training camp. The Vikings play just one cold-weather game in 2009, which helps, but Favre might balk if they tell him to fix the injury. He's never been a fan of surgery. May. 5 - 11:43 pm et

All this talk about fair weather fans is bologna!!! If we diss our team it doesn't mean we aren't fans. I'm sure it's nothing but sweet talk in packerville all of the time, no ripping or no talking smack about your beloved team, especially last year when you guys pretty much sucked. I live 250 miles north of the Dome, there is no way I make it down there that often, I sit at home with my brothers, uncles, and dad, WE DON'T miss a game on TV and at times it gets pretty intense in the living room. Calling us fair weather fans because we are critical of our team is just nonsense.