• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

When Chilly says he needs a commitment this week is a bunch a bull!! Who does he think he is?? Doesnt he releaze this is Brett Favre. Number 4 will make the decisions not some menu reader!! God, I cant stand Chilly!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Not to mention that whole scenario has already been detailed on this board by someone else.

Great minds think alike then.

This was a month or so back when I did the post and scratched it (back when I was up to date with this thread). I figured who would care also. Like anyone reads more than two or three posts at a time when making a responce. When you have 75 new responces who is going to sit, read back and bring up something said 50 posts back. Just pick up on the fresh ones and go from their.

Unfortunately it doesn't look good at this point but at least we have T-Jack to fall back on!

I'd just like to throw my pridiction in there.

Vikes sign farve, he plays awesome for the first 5 games, then turns into his typical Farve with interceptions and sacks, Chilly makes the move in week 8 and goes with T-jack, who has 2 good games, then a couple bad games, Chilly makes another move in week 12 to Rosenfels, who does well and brings us into the playoffs, where we get blown out in the first round....Sounds like typical Vikes football to me smile

And we would be back at square one a year later.

As opposed to what? Square 2?

The odds of a healthy Brett Favre taking us deep in the playoffs are better than our odds with Sage. I don't know how you can argue against that. He took the Pack within one game of the Super Bowl two years ago, and was on pace to do the same with the Jets until the arm injury last year.

And who's to say that with a full recovery and successful season with the Vikes that he'll only play one more year? Our best case scenario is for Favre to be healthy and wearing purple for the next two seasons, and for us to draft a quality QB next year to sit and learn behind Favre for a year before taking the reins.

The odds of going anywhere with the three QBs we have now are much lower than if we get a healthy Favre. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

However, if Favre isn't 100%, I'm with the "stick with what we have" group.

It seems like you guys think we're a lock to go to the Superbowl with Favre. He hasn't been to a Superbowl since the Mid 90s. And we also have one big roadblock standing in our way, Childress. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket. I will cheer for them no matter what, because I always have (Favre or No Favre). I will not get my hopes up though.

With our running game, Farve will be a great addition for the next 2 seasons. The Vikes will fill the place and make a huge profit.

Brett will sign when he is ready and the Vikes will sign him then.

When Chilly says he needs a commitment this week is a bunch a bull!! Who does he think he is?? Doesnt he releaze this is Brett Favre. Number 4 will make the decisions not some menu reader!! God, I cant stand Chilly!!

Exactly, deadline.... if the morning of game 1 Favre said he was ready to play chili would stick him in.

On the flip side, its favre, selfish arrogant, no timeline for him, whatever is best for favre. Stay in MS.

Free agent Brett Favre's family reportedly reserved 25-30 rooms at the Midway Motor Lodge near Lambeau Field two months ago for the weekend of the Vikings-Packers game on November 1.

"They called and said if he goes to Minnesota they definitely want to be at the game," said hotel manager Doug Warpinski. The family hasn't paid for the rooms yet, but this indicates that they're betting he'll play for the Vikings.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Related: Vikings

eek

How can they put a deadline on a guy who is waiting to see if the surgery he had was successful in relieving the pain in his arm. He supposedly had surgery late last month and with an 8 week recovery time that puts the "deadline" sometime in late July...just in time to catch a ride to Mankato.

And Chili will lose all credibility after this week, when Favre will say nothing and then in Mid July say he is ready to play and Chili will fawn all over him pick him up and drive him everywhere. The real #4 is Booty baby! grin

Much of the drama we criticize Favre for is drama we've created ourselves.

Not all of it. He certainly likes his share, but let's accept responsibility for our own role as football fans in this circus. smilesmile

The fans, me included, are what causes all of this uproar and commotion. I wouldn't have it any other way, and neither would the NFL I would imagine.

Free agent Brett Favre's family reportedly reserved 25-30 rooms at the Midway Motor Lodge near Lambeau Field two months ago for the weekend of the Vikings-Packers game on November 1.

"They called and said if he goes to Minnesota they definitely want to be at the game," said hotel manager Doug Warpinski. The family hasn't paid for the rooms yet, but this indicates that they're betting he'll play for the Vikings.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

eek

Yup, just saw that on ESPN too.

The Vikings have temporarily suspended their pursuit of free agent Brett Favre after he was a no-show at Tuesday's OTA, according to ESPN's Ed Werder.

This seems to confirm Werder and Chris Mortensen's report that the Vikings had a deadline for Favre to make a decision. However, Werder acknowledges that a deal between Favre and Minnesota "remains possible" once he deems himself training camp ready. At least we'll still have Favre to talk about when OTAs end late this month and into July. Nothing else will be happening. Jun. 9 - 8:16 pm et

Source: ESPN.com

Well, do they expect him to show up without a contract? The whole deadline story is bogus.

Chilly is not only a joke as a coach, he is a PR retard. If the surgery went well, Farve will be in purple this coming season. Everyone from the Vikings to anyone who follows football knew that Farve wasn't going to show up for OTA's. Even if he was under contract, I highly doubt he would have come to OTA's. He would have stayed home and shown up for training camp, which is what I believe is going to happen. Right now everything seems to be purely speculation by all the "sources". I am not putting stock into any of it until training camp rolls around.

One thing to remember.....Farve didn't have a defense like the Vikings do last season in New York. He was throwing the ball 40 times a game, I seriously doubt that will be the case with the Vikings. If nothing else, he gives the threat of a very good passing game which should make AP just that much more dangerous. Already one of the best backs in the league, if not the best, and Farve would make him that much better. How many 3 and outs did the Vikings have last year? Odds are with Farve, that number would decrease alot, giving the defense more rest and making them that much better as well. Now if we can get a head coach that is worth his weight to go along with this........could be very dangerous.

In a Wednesday morning radio interview with KFAN in Minneapolis, Vikings coach Brad Childress said unequivocally that no deadline has been set for Brett Favre.

"Absolutely not," Childress said. "Maybe by Deanna [Favre] or somebody like that, but certainly not from me. Not even close. don’t know where that dropped out of the sky from ... I don’t know how you guys in that industry go about your sourcing. 'A source that a source said.’ I don’t know. It’s questionable. Very questionable." The door remains wide open for a Favre return to Minnesota in July.

Source: KFAN Minneapolis

No Deadline? What? ESPN making it all up as they go again? What? WHAT A JOKE OF A NETWORK!! Star magazine's coverage of Jon and Kate is more accurate than ESPN has been on Favre.

You make a very good point Musky18....whether or not you like the guy (Farve) he will make the team better. That's why I am for bringing him in, I was never a fan of his when he was in Green Bay, but, hey he's a free agent and if he can improve my team, then bring him in and lets get going.

its all song and dance, ESPN, KSTP, WCCO they print whatever shoots off the press, true or not. its news, it brings in viewers, people want to know the latest and greates, and if there isnt any, lets take speculation and make it fact, that gets viewers/listeners/readers. Its all a money/ratings game. Until a contract is inked, or i see brett on TV saying one way or the other i wont believe anything that is printed.

the media is an ugly industry, and is partially to blame for the way the economy is in the world today. You can only claim the sky is falling so many times before you lose credibility.

Have you noticed when Favres name is in the news, you dont hear from him at all, but if you dont see his name in the news for a month, he is having interviews. confused

You make a very good point Musky18....whether or not you like the guy (Farve) he will make the team better. That's why I am for bringing him in, I was never a fan of his when he was in Green Bay, but, hey he's a free agent and if he can improve my team, then bring him in and lets get going.

I agree with Muskies take also.....It's a no-brainer IMO and the reason we're pursuing him.

I compare the Qb situation here to that of fishing. Take all their plus/minuses and convert it into a fishes weight, then ask yourself if you caught that fish whether or not you'd throw it back.

TJack- throw it back

Sage- put it in the livewell, but if a bigger one comes along you throw it back

Brett- keep it. there is very little to argue on whether or not he would make us a better team

I compare the Qb situation here to that of fishing. Take all their plus/minuses and convert it into a fishes weight, then ask yourself if you caught that fish whether or not you'd throw it back.

TJack- throw it back

Brett- keep it. there is very little to argue on whether or not he would make us a better team

And maybe with Favre we can have something to mount on the wall this Feb.!!!

Originally Posted By: zamboni

TJack- throw it back

And maybe with Favre we can have something to mount on the wall this Feb.!!!

Good one Toughguy

The problem is all of you are assuming Favre will be better then T-Jack and Sage. We have not seen Sage yet, T-Jack has shown a lot of improvement, and Favre is another year older, and coming off an injury. We know what we have in T-Jack, Sage is unproven, and Favre is a question mark. I know Favre has the largest possible upside, but I would hate to bring him in here, waste a lot of money on him, betting he wants a 2yr contract, and flop. I say, bring him in here, and let him compete for the job, let the best man run the show, if it be Favre, T-jack, or Sage, I will then stand behind him, but let them compete, with no one getting a guarantee to start.