• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
I think they could just as well trade TJ for something.

A bag of peanuts wink

I was thinking more along the lines of some practice balls for the place kickers. crazy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Im wearing my number 4 packers jersey as I type this!!! Its tradition to wear it for me the day before muskie season!!!

In the end we will be stuck with TJ and Chili mwill be happy as he has his man as the starter and the Vikes will stink again.

Sources are saying that Favre had surgery sometime last month to repair his torn biceps tendon. whistle

Per the report, sources expressed confidence that Favre is a virtual lock to play for the Vikings as long as he makes a sound recovery from the surgery.

If the rumor is true, and it has been reported from a reliable source, it still doesn't mean MN will sign him, or even that he will recover and be at all reliable enough to start this season.

Id rather watch Hockey...a real sport where players are not afraid they might break a nail or their head. all football players do these days is WHINE and SNIVVLE!!! and certainly If I was good enough to play in the NFL and make millions I would Not get caught smoking weed and fail my Urine test Before the scouting combine because I wanted to get stoned!!!And as for the party boat...I wont even go there...the vikes sure know how to pick em!!;)

[Note from admin, edited. please read forum policy before posting again,thank you.]

I get updates on my phone from the Vikes through the NFL Network on my phone. It said he had surgery as well.

Brett Favre recently had arthroscopic surgery on his ailing

right shoulder, ESPN reported Sunday night, another indication the

three-time NFL MVP is considering coming out of retirement.

ESPN, citing two anonymous sources, reported that Favre had

surgery last month to repair the torn biceps tendon that bothered

him late last season with the New York Jets. Favre retired in

February, but the Jets released him at his request in April -

making him a free agent.

A message was left with Favre's agent Bus Cook seeking comment.

According to the report, Favre has thrown on a limited basis

since the surgery, but isn't close to 100 percent. A source told

ESPN the quarterback wouldn't return "unless he makes significant

progress."

Minnesota said it would be interested in Favre if he comes out

of retirement.

One big question will be how good is the arm. Brett will also demand a huge salary to come out of retirement.

Could be alot of money for a questionable arm.

But there is no need to waste it on a questionable player. I would love to see Brett play for the Vikes until we can get a QB worth something. He could also teach a younger one many things.

My concern is that we pay a ton for Brett and then 4 games later his arm is shot.

One big question will be how good is the arm. Brett will also demand a huge salary to come out of retirement.

And we would be back at square one a year later.

Favre will get his $$$, no doubt about that. Injuries and risk are part of the NFL but I think the risk here is worth the price. Vikes do have lot's of money and they know exactly what it's going to cost to bring him up here. I'm glad he had the surgery (if the reports are right) and hope he does find his way to Eden Prairie sooner than later.

Just as we expected. He quietly had the surgery even while everyone was loudly speculating whether he would have the surgery. Now the tendon's out of the bag and we'll see if his arm stays as weak as an old hag's. gringrin

If he's at all close to 100 percent health in the arm, he'll be wearing purple and cashing Vikings checks by August at the latest.

A healthy Favre is the Vikings' best one-year solution to a thorny quarterback problem. And say what you will about Childress (he IS a wanker), if Favre has his arm up to snuff and signs with the Vikes, you can call it Chili con carne for a year. gringringrin

And I'll continue to laugh at all you guys who hated Favre until he wore your colors. Well, I'll laugh until the Vikes beat the Pack. Then I'll cry. frownfrown

Well get the Kleenex ready Foss!!!!

Since when do tissues do a job meant for beer? Win, lose or draw . . . gringrin

I actually have heard from somone that he had the surgery yesterday in Alabama.

Report: Favre Has Surgery

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 7, 2009, 6:54 p.m.

Brett Favre underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair his throwing shoulder at some point last month, according to Chris Mortensen and Ed Werder of ESPN.com.

It’s regarded as a strong indication that the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player intends to end his retirement for a second time. And the Minnesota Vikings are the team that Favre has targeted if he opts to play again.

Per the report, which cited two sources, Favre hasn’t yet decided whether he will play and is still contending with a torn biceps tendon.

Favre discovered that the shoulder is still not quite ready, though, while testing out his throwing arm following the surgery. And Favre reportedly won’t attempt to make a comeback unless he’s sufficiently encouraged by the condition of his shoulder.

Bus Cook, Favre’s longtime agent, declined to confirm or deny that Favre had the procedure.

As far as whether Favre plans to play again, Cook said: “As far as I know, Brett is still retired and reserves the right to change his mind.”

Per the report, sources expressed confidence that Favre is a virtual lock to play for the Vikings as long as he makes a sound recovery from the surgery.

Apparently, Favre considers the Vikings to be a prime Super Bowl contender and is enamored of the fact that they run “his offense.”

The Vikings’ scheme closely mirrors the offense Favre orchestrated with the Green Bay Packers.

Unprompted, Cook told the Associated Press on Friday that the Vikings should go after Favre.

“I would think [the Vikings] would pull out all the stops if they want to get the guy,” Cook said. “I think Brett Favre just brings a whole new ballgame to any ballclub. That’s no reflection on the guys that are on their team at quarterback right now, but Brett’s in a different league than most.”

Told you So.... grinwink

Originally Posted By: harvey lee

And we would be back at square one a year later.

We are at square one now so what's the difference?

The only positive thing that I see about the Viking's even considering the possibility of signing Favre is that they know they don't have a good QB, and are willing to look to improve it.

Let me clarify myself now, I do not think Favre is the answer here, just that it shows the front office knows we need a better option at QB

This reminds me of a high school homecoming dance. A guy wants to ask this girl to the dance, the girl wants to go to the dance with the guy, a friend of the guy (Buzz Cook) says the guy should ask the girl to the dance because she will go with him. Everybody wants each other but they are all afraid to lock up the deal.

I think the deal is all in the works and has been for awhile, but the deal wont be locked until Favre is healthy and can show that he is! cry

Ron Yary played for the Vikings from 1968 through 1981. Fran Tarkenton, who has chastised quarterback Brett Favre for the possibility of signing with the Vikings, was quarterback for three of the losing Super Bowl teams Yary played on.

Yary, like Tarkenton a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has great admiration — and empathy — for Favre, a future hall of famer.

"If the Vikings would have had Brett Favre during the time of my career, we would have been 7-0 in Super Bowls. Absolutely," Yary said.

"I'm a fan of Brett Favre, and so is my wife (Jamie)," Yary said from his home in Murrieta, Calif. "And if my wife's a fan, he's got to be a good guy. I'm a fan for different reasons."

Yary always has been brutally honest, and he's not afraid to say what he believes.

"In 2000, I had dinner with (former Vikings coach and longtime offensive coordinator) Jerry Burns in Washington, D.C., and I asked Jerry who he thought was the best quarterback of all time. And before I even got the sentence out of my mouth, he said, 'Brett Favre.'

"If there's anyone who can understand how good a quarterback is, it's Jerry Burns. In my opinion, what made Jerry Burns a genius as an offensive coordinator was that he not only had the ability to understand football, but he had the ability to put in an offensive system that matched the skills of all the players on the offense.

"It's easy to draw a play based on defensive schemes, but a great

-----------------------------------------------------------

coordinator can take the best skills of their players and incorporate that into their offensive scheme or defensive scheme. That's what makes a coach a great coach. Jerry Burns was able to do that with every quarterback he coached, as well as every other player on the offense. So I respect Jerry's opinion of Brett Favre as being the best who ever played the game.

"Great quarterbacks have two limitless qualities. One, obviously, is their physical skill at throwing a football. But the other one is an intangible where you're able to get the most out of your players on your offense and get them to perform at their very highest level by your relationship with them.

"That's the difference between legendary quarterbacks and quarterbacks who are not. Brett Favre, in my opinion, has been one of those."

Supposedly there's deadline in place imposed by the Vikings. Favre needs to make his decision soon, possibly this week.

He just had the surgery though and he seems reluctant to sign until he knows how the arm responds.

I just want this all to be over with. And the only way to do that is for him to sign. If he says no there will be constant talk about him changing his mind.

I think the deal is all in the works and has been for awhile, but the deal wont be locked until Favre is healthy and can show that he is! cry

I have no doubt in my mind what is going on right now was planned out over a year ago wink Chilly’s call out today is all just PR. Favray will say it when he is ready or told to wink Suspense draws publicity which intern sell tickets and memorabilia grin Heck it got me to buy a Vikes jersey for the first time in about 10 years wink

I should be getting my Favray Viking's jerseys I ordered last week in the next couple days:

FarveJersey2.jpg

Farvejer1.jpg

Bought my tickets and ready for a great year to watch the Vikes. smile

I had a whole conspiracy theory post on how Favray going to the Jets was all a smoke screen to get him to the Vikes but not posted it LOL. I hate conspiracy theories grin so i did not hit submit.

I had a whole conspiracy theory post on how Favray going to the Jets was all a smoke screen to get him to the Vikes but not posted it LOL. I hate conspiracy theories grin so i did not hit submit.

Not to mention that whole scenario has already been detailed on this board by someone else.

Vikings coach Brad Childress has reportedly set a deadline for Brett Favre to decide this week on whether he wants to return to play in Minnesota or not.

Favre is hesitant to commit until he's sure that his arm will hold up. Though the Vikes will also want to see him throw before making a commitment, Chilly is pushing a Favre resolution out of respect to his other quarterbacks. The Vikings appear to be more interested in getting Favre's word right now than his name on the dotted line. Jun. 8 - 12:03 pm et

Source: ESPN.com