• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

You Minnesota based Packers fans- you know there are houses for sale in Wisconsin. Thought you might like to know.

You're kidding, right? Why would I want to move back to Wisconsin when I can pay really high taxes in Minnesota and be subjected to the most confusing and restrictive set of game and fish regulations in the nation?

Why would I move back? I ask you! Why? gringrin

Anyway, it's a little tough to be a BWCAW photography guide while living in Wisconsin. Thought you might like to know. I can leave my home state behind no problem. Leaving my team behind? Never. gringrin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

You Minnesota based Packers fans- you know there are houses for sale in Wisconsin. Thought you might like to know.

The MN fans may have to move over to WI as well since there is no room left for a boat on the river of da-nile. whistle

Darren Sharper believes that the Vikings can go 12-4 and win the NFC North with Favre at QB.

You never thought I'd look good in purple.....well look at me now, look at me now....

Originally Posted By: zamboni

The MN fans may have to move over to WI as well since there is no room left for a boat on the river of da-nile. whistle

Oooooh, he's so sharp tonight he'll cut himself if he's not careful. gringrin

Originally Posted By: zamboni

Can we work in Minnesota??? Seems like theres alot of 'Sconis that do

Wow, it took a whopping dose of Favre Fevre to get LMITOUT to change his avatar. Somebody check that man's temperature! gringrin

From the Strib:

Don't bring this circus to town

By coaxing Brett Favre out of retirement, the Vikings would see ticket sales and media attention rise. But his divisive presence and equal-opportunity passes won't win a Super Bowl.

If the Vikings want to sell tickets, they should sign Brett Favre. If they want ESPN to build a base camp in Eden Prairie, they should sign Brett Favre. If they want to coax John Madden (or is it Frank Caliendo, I can't tell them apart anymore) out of retirement, and have him park his Winnebago at Winter Park, they should sign Brett Favre. If they want the Metrodome to become the petri dish in which the most interesting experiment in the NFL is conducted, they should sign Brett Favre.

There are lots of good reasons for coaxing a future Hall of Fame quarterback out of retirement. As long the Vikings don't think one of them is an aging Favre's ability to propel his team to the Super Bowl, then, what the heck? Sign Favre, watch the fireworks, and understand that this January, Favre might wind up looking all too much like a cross between Brad Johnson and Tarvaris Jackson.

Favre is the supermodel who maxes out your credit cards. He is the sports car that wipes out your bank account. He is enticing, and he is captivating, and he is trouble.

He drove the Packers bonkers. He left a locker room filled with angry ex-teammates when he left the Jets, who seemed quite happy to essentially trade him for an unproven Mark Sanchez.

He played brilliantly for the Jets for half a season last year, before almost single-handedly destroying their playoff chances with his vintage irresponsible throws.

Favre would give the Vikings a much better chance of selling out a home playoff game this year, and not much more of a chance of winning that game.

Look at Favre's postseason history. He won one Super Bowl, with a superior Packers team -- the same number as Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

One reason the Packers were so eager to hustle him out the door is that they didn't think, at his advanced athletic age, they could build a Super Bowl winner around him.

Ignore Favre The Myth -- the guy running around in your head throwing behind-the-back passes for 80-yard touchdowns -- and pay closer attention to Favre The Man.

Favre compiled a passer rating of 81.0 last year. (Tarvaris Jackson's, for the sake of comparison, was 95.4.)

In three of his past four seasons, Favre has failed to throw more for touchdowns than interceptions. He threw 22 of each last season while playing for a pretty good team.

Favre faded badly down the stretch last year, throwing two touchdown passes and nine interceptions as the Jets went 1-4 over their last five games to fall out of the playoffs.

As a Packer, after 1998, Favre went 3-6 in playoff games, throwing 16 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions. During that time he lost home playoff games to Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper and Eli Manning.

Remember that killing interception Jackson threw against the Eagles? Favre -- the new, old Favre -- does that all the time.

If you want to win the Super Bowl -- and the Vikings are talented enough at almost every position to entertain such thoughts -- Favre is not your guy.

Bringing in Favre would also force Childress to sell his soul. Whatever you think of him, Childress has turned the Vikings' locker room into a much more professional and functional place. Favre would likely bring his prima donna act to Winter Park. That might not become a problem if he wins, but if he loses, it could split the roster.

Childress has shown increased flexibility the last year or two in accepting challenging personalities, enabling the Vikings to take a chance on Jared Allen (who was phenomenal last year) and Percy Harvin (who instantly upgrades the 2009 offense.) When the challenging personalities belonged to veteran quarterbacks, though, Childress wound up alienating Brad Johnson and Gus Frerotte.

Childress demands restraint and attention to detail from his quarterbacks. We have no idea how he'd react to one of Favre's underhanded lobs to a tightly covered receiver. The relationship could last minutes.

Wow, Sandman, that article sums up exactly how I feel! I couldn't have said it better myself.

If his washed up 39 year old rear wasnt better than the QB's on our roster i might have a problem with all of this.

Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, you can never have enough Favre!!!

Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, you can never have enough Favre!!!

Now that sounds like a good cheer for the chicks in purple along the sidelines to learn. gringringrin

What the vikes ought to do is have Favre play the last half of the season.The first half looks like Sage or T-jack could tally up some easy victories,then bring in the old goat to wrap it up and start renaming the streets around the dome Brett Favre blvd etc..... laugh

If Farve comes here chances are the vikes go up for sale after he failes to deliver, and he will. Verry huge chance they end up somewhere else, money talks.

I am not trying, I only see the writing on the wall with the dead line with the dome and all.

I have to apologize. Favre will fail at his own demise but he will have help. The coaching of Childress will be the ultimate demise of this team and I have sympathy for Favre in a way but only to be disgusted by his arrogance to overcome a stupid head coach.

I can see it now from sconie land you could not win the big one even from the guy that took us there. mad

Oh how right you are finally Flats....I will CERTAINLY be using that montra. As I said, you can be driven and succeed with heart, but motivation for the sole purpose of veangance will not win a superbowl.

I adored the way Brett played the game when he wore the green and gold, He was surely one of the greats even with "most interceptions" as one of his many records. I cheered him, and applauded him, that is until the retirement circus started. He is as much to blame for that as Thompson is....hang up the helmet Brett. Your day in the sun has past. At the very best, he garners the Vikes two wins against the Pack, but that light some of you see at the end of the tunnel with him is not the superbowl, but that of an oncoming train.

Wow, Sandman, that article sums up exactly how I feel! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree, that's how I see it too.

Oh how right you are finally Flats....I will CERTAINLY be using that montra. As I said, you can be driven and succeed with heart, but motivation for the sole purpose of veangance will not win a superbowl.

I adored the way Brett played the game when he wore the green and gold, He was surely one of the greats even with "most interceptions" as one of his many records. I cheered him, and applauded him, that is until the retirement circus started. He is as much to blame for that as Thompson is....hang up the helmet Brett. Your day in the sun has past. At the very best, he garners the Vikes two wins against the Pack, but that light some of you see at the end of the tunnel with him is not the superbowl, but that of an oncoming train.

Very well said Wade. Nice to hear a Cheesehead with a good head LOL. You're right though, Brett has just as much blame as Thompson does. I can see how Thompson was frustrated with him and did what he did.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that free agent Brett Favre is willing to undergo a "minor" procedure on his torn right biceps tendon that would allow him to play football this season.

Favre is reportedly "anxious" to sign with Minnesota and prepared to get the arm fixed. Surgeons would cut the tendon and the rehab period "would be quick." Favre and Brad Childress will continue their meetings today in Hattiesburg. We're expecting a resolution by early next week at the latest.

Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

Related: Vikings

This just in from 93X.

"Brett Favre is awake and now brushing his teeth!"

Did he stay over at your house or something?? I didnt realize you liked him so much!!

LOL that was a funny show this morning! I really can't see how much worse the guy can do with our team. And I will say this, if he WERE still a Packer, all of us Vikings fans would still hate the guy and all of the cheeseheads would still LOVE him. I find if funny that as soon as it's close to signing him, of all the hate of Brett Favre that has came out. As soon as he is to become a Viking its, Oh he only has ONE superbowl win. He has ALL those interceptions. He is old. He can't do it. Etc Etc Etc....Fact of the matter is, he is better than anything we have on our team right now. He is a future hall of famer. He loves to play football. What more can you ask from the guy? To play with heart? I think he has shown that more than enough. Don't throw as many interceptions? Did I mention that he really loves to play football? He is a gunslinger. We KNEW about those interceptions a LONG time ago.

"At the very best, he garners the Vikes two wins against the Pack, but that light some of you see at the end of the tunnel with him is not the superbowl, but that of an oncoming train." - Wade Joseph

-----------------------------------------

Wade,

That's not just any train you refer to, that's "the DIESEL" train!

http://vikings.fandome.com/video/103960/Adrian-Peterson-Runs-Over-Al-Harris-Week-1-MNF/