• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

This could be a win/win, maybe Farve can take us deep into the playoffs or we implode and get a new coach. I say roll the dice.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

It is tantalizing to think about spreading that offense with someone who could get the ball to Berrian, Harvin, and Rice. 3 wideouts with AP in the backfield, droool smile I don't see this happening with Tjack or Sage.

But I'm not real thrilled with marching down the field 50 yards and then forcing a throw into double coverage and cough up the ball. It's 100% evident he's an upgrade if he's healthy. If he doesn't get that arm fixed with surgery, it's not worth the hassle IMO.

On the Brett Favre torn bicep injury.

My Dad, rest his soul, tore his bicep in HALF on a motorcycle wreck when he was in college. He played catcher in college, had one HELL of an arm, even when he was in his 40's. It is not really an issue, you can believe me or not.

When he flexed his bicep it looked freaky, I wish I would have taken a picture of it! Looked like popeye!

I should add that he did have to take time off for it to heal...

If he comes, I would do anything to watch the Vikes. Im a true fan, but this would show the fans that their doing everything they can to make a true run. Without Favre its still a up in the air season. Go Viks, go Farve!

Norm25,

Being that the Packers are the only professional team located in Green Bay and the only winning professional sport in the state of Wisconsin, I certainly hope you could sell out every game. If a fan wants to attend a professional game, it's not like you've had very many choices over the past 10 or 20 years. cool

Da Chise...that's not the style they've built around---that's the end result when you have no other options.

I hope that last post was a joke Zamboni...or do you really believe that a 39 year old future HOF'er is going to come in and have a three way competion for the starting job...?????? C'mon.

Would it hurt? Like my post said, make him earn it- if he sucks in a tryout- tell him no thanks.

very well said Paul-- Brewers,Bucks, that's two pretty sucky org's in the last 25 years.

MN--- North Stars, most of TEam USa in 1980, Twins 87,91.

Enough said. Pack is all they got,

Here packer fans let me beat you to it, "atleast we won a superbowl" Lame!!

Good post!!!

Economy doesnt have anything to do with the blackouts either!! If you a true fan you will do anything to see your team!

True to some degree but some things do come before football if you have perspective in life. That said, I have not missed a game in in about 10 years. I have even traveled to 7 or 8 away games. I would consider myself a true fan but I rarely buy tickets. I have a 52" HD TV, surround sound, bar, bathroom, refrigerator, and a remote control with DVR to replay whenever the refs are screwing the Vikes again. laugh I would rather stay home but I don't see that making me less of a fan.

Here packer fans let me beat you to it, "at least we won a superbowl! LAME!"

Well, I wasn't going to point out what is so obvious to everyone. gringringrin

Honestly, when you are evaluating who has the better franchise over the years, Super Bowls matter. Now, as a fan, I'm a Packer fan even if they haven't won any Super Bowls. If the situation were reversed, I expect most of the Vikes fans on this board would waste no time pointing out who has won a Super Bowl and who has not, and I expect the Pack fans would be sick of hearing it. Pointing out who has and has not won a Super Bowl is only "lame" if you're a fan of the has nots. gringrin

I totally agree on the baseball/basketball deal. Strangely enough, I've been a Twins fan from the outset even though I'm a Cheesehead. Probably one of those American League/National League things. smilesmile

Brad is going down to Mississippi to meet with Farve. Reports from ESPN!

Can't we just let the Cheese have this one little thing?... yes they are better Football fans than we are.... that wasn't so tough was it?

Now about that darn torn bicep. Talk about frustrating to think we're a torn bicep away from having a decent chance this year is a real bummer to say the least.

Go vikes/Favre!

Originally Posted By: walleyes12

Honestly, when you are evaluating who has the better franchise over the years, Super Bowls matter. Now, as a fan, I'm a Packer fan even if they haven't won any Super Bowls. If the situation were reversed, I expect most of the Vikes fans on this board would waste no time pointing out who has won a Super Bowl and who has not, and I expect the Pack fans would be sick of hearing it. Pointing out who has and has not won a Super Bowl is only "lame" if you're a fan of the has nots. gringrin

I totally agree on the baseball/basketball deal. Strangely enough, I've been a Twins fan from the outset even though I'm a Cheesehead. Probably one of those American League/National League things. smilesmile

I agree with you on that Steve. A true fan can complain about his team, but they will still support them.

Originally Posted By: Steve Foss

I agree with you on that Steve. A true fan can complain about his team, but they will still support them.

Dude! My post didn't say anything about it being OK to complain about your team. Well, I DO think it's just fine to whine but didn't really cover that topic in the post. Methinks you were seeing what you wanted to see. smilesmile

It may be a fine point, but Favre tore his bicep tendon, not his bicep muscle. They heal differently. Muscle tissue heals on its own much better than a tendon will, I'm told. I know Favre hates being under the knife, but arthroscopic is barely surgery at all. I've gotta think if he REALLY wants to play and signing with the Vikes becomes dependent upon repairing the tendon, he'll get it done, especially if he can be ready by training camp.

Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty supports the Vikings' pursuit of free agent Brett Favre.

Pawlenty called the potential signing "a wonderful little salt to rub in the eyes of some of our Green Bay Packer friends." "Can you imagine Brett Favre going into Lambeau Field in Viking purple and maybe even wearing No. 4?" he added. "There would be audible gasps." And the rivalry intensifies.

Source: Associated Press

Related: Packers, Vikings

Now we have the Governor pushing to get him here

The player rep for free agent Brett Favre, Bus Cook, claims that his client is still retired.

"As far as I know, he is retired," Cook said. "To my knowledge, that is not true," he said when asked about reports that his client will meet Vikings coach Brad Childress on Wednesday night. Clearly, Cook is not to be trusted.

Source: USA Today

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Originally Posted By: Steve Foss

Dude! My post didn't say anything about it being OK to complain about your team. Well, I DO think it's just fine to whine but didn't really cover that topic in the post. Methinks you were seeing what you wanted to see. smilesmile

It may be a fine point, but Favre tore his bicep tendon, not his bicep muscle. They heal differently. Muscle tissue heals on its own much better than a tendon will, I'm told. I know Favre hates being under the knife, but arthroscopic is barely surgery at all. I've gotta think if he REALLY wants to play and signing with the Vikes becomes dependent upon repairing the tendon, he'll get it done, especially if he can be ready by training camp.

Dude, I know!! I was saying I agreed with you on what you wrote and then put in my own 2 cents. crazy

I saw that about T-Paw. Why???? Just leave her on her tractor already.

#4 could throw better left handed then any of the QBs that MN has now!!

If he has to have surgery it would take 4-6 weeks for him to start throwing again and another couple weeks after that to become the gunslinger of the past again!!

Pawlenty called the potential signing "a wonderful little salt to rub in the eyes of some of our Green Bay Packer friends."

Poor T-Paw. So desperate for a quarterback. Can't really blame him considering the last few stumblebums. smile

I wanna see it just for the fact that my father-in-law is a DIE HARD pack fan, and LOVES Brett. He even cheered for him in New York. His family is DIE HARD Pack fans, i hear about it every christmas. I would buy him a PURPLE #4 jersey and watch him walk into the family christmas wearing it.

Here I am, getting ready to watch the Vike's get blown out by the Packer's. The upside is I got to see T-Jacks first game he played in crazy .

packerville.jpg

Yes Viking's this is what a trophey looks like, now go get one!

tropheys.jpg

It was my wife, my father in law, and my brother in law, all cheeseheads, and me. Its funny I didnt get beat up, by my in laws.

Free agent Brett Favre refused to confirm or deny talks with the Vikings on Wednesday.

He may as well have confirmed. NFL Network's Scott Hanson interviewed Favre's agent, Bus Cook, on Wednesday as Cook and Favre texted back and forth. It appears Favre didn't consult his agent before following through with the visit. That'd be the only logical explanation for Cook being in the dark.

Source: NFL.com

Related: Vikings

I think nothing is going to happen, just a bunch of smoke, to hide the fact we already have the best 2 QB in the NFL already on our team grin

I think nothing is going to happen, just a bunch of smoke, to hide the fact we already have the best 2 QB in the NFL already on our team grin

O man!! Thats awesome!! Vikings have the best offense and defense every year but it seems to win them super bowls!! frown

we already have the best 2 QB in the NFL already on our team grin

Now THERE'S a fan. Delusional maybe, but gol darn it he's a true Vikes backer! He ain't whinin' 'bout his team, he's LYING about his team. Ahhh, fishing and football. Two best lie factories in America. gringrin

You know I'm just ribbin' ya buddy, one Packers fan to one Vikings fan. gringrin

You Minnesota based Packers fans- you know there are houses for sale in Wisconsin. Thought you might like to know.