• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

• BrianLucky13

• Scott K

Any doubter's left now?

Funny....there would have been doubters had the cornerback for the 49's returned Bretts pass for a pick 6 the previous series. wink

Bottom line...Brett pulled it out again. Another 4th quarter come back for one of the best that ever played the game.

Funny....there would have been doubters had the cornerback for the 49's returned Bretts pass for a pick 6 the previous series. wink

But, he didn't!!!

That 49ers team is tough, I like Singletary as a coach.

I agree, Singletary has really turned that team around. I'll tell you what though, I was there yesterday for the game and even though about 1/4 of the people left at the 2 minute warning...that place just erupted when Lewis caught that pass, and when they showed the replay on the big screen while the officials were reviewing it....man was it loud in there. That by far was the best Vikings game that I have ever been to. One other thing....There is only one quarterback on that roster that could have made that throw, and he did!!

4wanderingeyes quoted "I never wanted him, and I still dont" at the beginning of this post. You change your mind yet!

Nope! But I stand behind my team 100%, and he is the QB of my team, so that does mean I support Favre. #4 did win the game for us yesterday with a great pass to the end zone.

I have always thought Favre was a better QB then what we had. I just wanted Cutler, or some other good young QB to lead our team. I have never liked Favre, and I still don't, but I do like the Viking's, even with Favre as QB. I have total respect for him for what he has done as a player in his career, I just didn't want him to be "our" QB.

Many, many times we've seen the vikings find different and amazing ways to lose games. It was good to see them find an amazing win for a change. I was there as well and in that endzone that Lewis made that catch. That catch was sick, especially coming off the bench cold.

There is only one quarterback on that roster that could have made that throw, and he did!!

Tarvaris could have put the ball in that spot from the opponents 7 yard line.

Tarvaris could have put the ball in that spot from the opponents 7 yard line.

Leaving aside that you're alluding (I think) to a 100-yard + throw, he might have been able to duplicate Favre's throw (45 yards from Favre's position to back of end zone) in practice, sure. Not under pressure when the game is on the line.

• 1 year later...

Went out on Prior yesterday for a few hours thinking it was still too cold for the panfish to have moved into the bays. I was wrong.

We went through a hundred or so waxies and a half scoop of crappie minnows and put at least 200 fish in the boat....all released except for 4 crappies over 10 inches.

Thanks to FisherDave for joining me and making the best of the weather. I am almost exclusively a river guy, but since the ramps are mostly closed or covered with mud on the river we decided to try our luck on the lakes.

Majority of the fish we caught were 6 to 7 inch sunnies with a few that broke the 8 inch mark.

We were fishing in about 6 feet of water in onre of the bays. On top of the sunnies, crappies, and occasional small bass....we caught about a half dozen golden shiners. I wasn't aware there was a fishable population of those in there (mental note for catfish bait).

Point is.......Get out and fish. Even for me who really doesn't like fishing panfish....it was a great time. Hope I didn't bother anyone with the rap music blaring from the boat.....

Great report! I think the bite is ON from now on.. I'm heading to a lake northeast of the metro and hopefully have some luck..

I forgot how much fun it was to catch "bait". smile

Lot's of 8"ers today and even some a bit bigger. Throw in a bunch of nice slabs, bass, and shiners, and it was a fun day!

Matter of fact I took some of those gills home and they are on ice right now.

Thanks for the guide service John. I'll have to show you how to catch some cats in a couple weeks. smile

i was out on prior on saturday as well but couldnt find a panfish, all we could muster up were some bigger bass, a northern and 2 21 inch walleyes, all in around 4 to 5 feet of water in some of the bays.

There are a few no wake zones, by the beach, by the wagon bridge, in the bays, by martisons island, probly more no wake zones then walleyes to tell ya the truth. Lots of good panfish though. The Sheriffs will get you too if your not at a minimum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Very, very few ducks in Ely today.  4 grouse seen with only 1 coming back to camp.   I literally saw more fish today than birds.  And I skipped the fishing gear this time! 😒
    • monstermoose78
      Finn and I hiked the river in Sherburne and only saw 5 swans. 1000 cranes and not one duck or goose.  Saw some guys looking in the grass and they said they dropped a woodduck and Finn found it for them. Boy Finn was mad when I gave them the duck. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Fished Black Brook Flowage (Apple River) today. This is my kinda lake! Very few houses, small little boat launch. Only caught 2 little pike. Missed a small Muskie, and seen a mid 30’s hovering under the boat. Was tough dealing with the wind, but I like this place. Fishing below the dam with waders is a possibility also. 
    • Wanderer
      I’d like to know what you have also.
    • jerkin'm
      I posted some of my not needed ammo on IDO…I could use some steel if you have it too…
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A really good week of fall walleye fishing.  Big numbers of fish being caught.  It should only improve as water temps get cooler.  This fall has been unseasonably warm. Big numbers of walleyes and saugers are set up along the south shore and anglers are catching a lot of fish.   Most anglers are anchored up and jigging with a fathead or emerald shiner.  Live shiners are available and effective.  There are still a lot of walleyes being caught on spinners with minnows surprisingly.  Trolling crankbaits has also been catching a lot of fish. The best reports are coming from 18-28 feet of water across the south shore in areas such as Pine Island, Morris Point, Zippel Bay, Graceton Beach, Long Point and Rocky Point.  Various schools within these depths.  In addition to walleyes and saugers, pike, jumbo perch, sturgeon and even a few crappies are in the mix for walleye anglers.  On the Rainy River...   Emerald shiners continue to run in the Rainy River and more and more walleyes are entering the river each week.  Fishing has picked up but most believe when water temps reach the 40's, it will get even better.  Currently, temps are in the low 50's. Jigging with a frozen or live shiner, is the go to method.  Emerald shiners are tough to beat this time of year.  Some reports of big fish being caught, but not in big numbers... yet.   Sturgeon activity continues good.  A gob of crawlers and/or frozen shiners on a sturgeon rig (18 inch leader made of 60lb test, circle hook and a 2-3 ounce no roll sinker) is the ticket.  The catch and release season continues through April 23, 2022. Up at the NW Angle...   Fall fishing up at the Angle continues to be excellent.  Most anglers are using a jig and minnow or jig and plastic.  Some strong reports with warmer than normal water of spinners with a minnow or plastic being the hot bait.  Gold, pink and/or glow colored jigs and spinners are doing well.  Reminder, no live, frozen or dead bait being able to be transported over the border from the U.S. into Canada, consequently anglers boating into Ontario waters reporting various plastics on their jigs and spinners working great. Various areas of structure such as points, reefs and sandy areas in neck down areas continue to hold good fish.  12 - 26 feet is the range depending upon the spot.   Big crappies are in their fall spots and being caught on jigs and minnows in 25-30' around various structure. Muskie anglers report good fishing overall.  Trollers reporting mixed results.  One day is great, the other not so much.  Covering water trolling is a strong fall muskie technique and should get better as water cools.    Travel to and from the Angle via vehicle through the 40 miles of Canada is open.  Boating into Canadian waters is now open.   Charter boat transport and float planes are still available through the LOW Passenger Service and Lake Country Air.    
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Conservation Volunteer magazine, in partnership with Wildlife Forever, will host the 2022 Minnesota Fish Art Contest. Open to students in kindergarten through 12th grade, this free art competition aims to introduce Minnesota youth to the wonders of fish, the joy of fishing, and the importance of aquatic conservation.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is accepting grant applications now through Nov. 16 for projects through its Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program. Approximately $500,000 will be available for projects to begin fall 2022. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Office for Coastal Management provides the funding for these grants.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Minnesota’s waterways were unusually deadly this year, with 17 people losing their lives in boating-related drownings and crashes—the highest number since 2005. And with weeks of open water left this year, there’s a chance that total could climb higher.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Conservation Volunteer magazine, in partnership with Wildlife Forever, will host the 2022 Minnesota Fish Art Contest. Open to students in kindergarten through 12th grade, this free art competition aims to introduce Minnesota youth to the wonders of fish, the joy of fishing, and the importance of aquatic conservation.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.