• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

I would have to give some credit to Greg Lewis also... That was an amazing catch keeping his feet in and also not juggling the catch.

Any doubter's left now?

Funny....there would have been doubters had the cornerback for the 49's returned Bretts pass for a pick 6 the previous series. wink

Bottom line...Brett pulled it out again. Another 4th quarter come back for one of the best that ever played the game.

Jim Panfish Uran

Funny....there would have been doubters had the cornerback for the 49's returned Bretts pass for a pick 6 the previous series. wink

But, he didn't!!!

That 49ers team is tough, I like Singletary as a coach.

I agree, Singletary has really turned that team around. I'll tell you what though, I was there yesterday for the game and even though about 1/4 of the people left at the 2 minute warning...that place just erupted when Lewis caught that pass, and when they showed the replay on the big screen while the officials were reviewing it....man was it loud in there. That by far was the best Vikings game that I have ever been to. One other thing....There is only one quarterback on that roster that could have made that throw, and he did!!

4wanderingeyes quoted "I never wanted him, and I still dont" at the beginning of this post. You change your mind yet!

4wanderingeyes quoted "I never wanted him, and I still dont" at the beginning of this post. You change your mind yet!

Nope! But I stand behind my team 100%, and he is the QB of my team, so that does mean I support Favre. #4 did win the game for us yesterday with a great pass to the end zone.

I have always thought Favre was a better QB then what we had. I just wanted Cutler, or some other good young QB to lead our team. I have never liked Favre, and I still don't, but I do like the Viking's, even with Favre as QB. I have total respect for him for what he has done as a player in his career, I just didn't want him to be "our" QB.

james_walleye

Many, many times we've seen the vikings find different and amazing ways to lose games. It was good to see them find an amazing win for a change. I was there as well and in that endzone that Lewis made that catch. That catch was sick, especially coming off the bench cold.

BlueLundFishrman

There is only one quarterback on that roster that could have made that throw, and he did!!

Tarvaris could have put the ball in that spot from the opponents 7 yard line.

Tarvaris could have put the ball in that spot from the opponents 7 yard line.

Leaving aside that you're alluding (I think) to a 100-yard + throw, he might have been able to duplicate Favre's throw (45 yards from Favre's position to back of end zone) in practice, sure. Not under pressure when the game is on the line.

• 1 year later...
wastewaterguru

Went out on Prior yesterday for a few hours thinking it was still too cold for the panfish to have moved into the bays. I was wrong.

We went through a hundred or so waxies and a half scoop of crappie minnows and put at least 200 fish in the boat....all released except for 4 crappies over 10 inches.

Thanks to FisherDave for joining me and making the best of the weather. I am almost exclusively a river guy, but since the ramps are mostly closed or covered with mud on the river we decided to try our luck on the lakes.

Majority of the fish we caught were 6 to 7 inch sunnies with a few that broke the 8 inch mark.

We were fishing in about 6 feet of water in onre of the bays. On top of the sunnies, crappies, and occasional small bass....we caught about a half dozen golden shiners. I wasn't aware there was a fishable population of those in there (mental note for catfish bait).

Point is.......Get out and fish. Even for me who really doesn't like fishing panfish....it was a great time. Hope I didn't bother anyone with the rap music blaring from the boat.....

BassFisherman

So I was hearing some talk about Prior having alot of no wake zones. Is this true?

IBFishin2

Great report! I think the bite is ON from now on.. I'm heading to a lake northeast of the metro and hopefully have some luck..

I forgot how much fun it was to catch "bait". smile

Lot's of 8"ers today and even some a bit bigger. Throw in a bunch of nice slabs, bass, and shiners, and it was a fun day!

Matter of fact I took some of those gills home and they are on ice right now.

Thanks for the guide service John. I'll have to show you how to catch some cats in a couple weeks. smile

Hendo1589

i was out on prior on saturday as well but couldnt find a panfish, all we could muster up were some bigger bass, a northern and 2 21 inch walleyes, all in around 4 to 5 feet of water in some of the bays.

wastewaterguru

Good times. I won't get out again anytime soon, but Friday and Saturday were both a lot of fun.

There are a few no wake zones, by the beach, by the wagon bridge, in the bays, by martisons island, probly more no wake zones then walleyes to tell ya the truth. Lots of good panfish though. The Sheriffs will get you too if your not at a minimum.