• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

I really don't think it's over, why would he keep throwing. Give it time, he'll be here I'm betting.

If not, look at the bright side, if we suck this year (which we will) Chilli should be gone.

YEEEAAA! Maybe this team can actually get down to building a team rather than a 1 year hiatus from it that would only put the team back to the same position they were in after this season..

I do agree though its not over untill he turns 45.

Give the guy credit for finally saying enough is enough.

Besides, he proved his point last year by showing the entire nation how terrible the packers are without him and what complete idiots anyone remotely affiliated with the packer are like Ted Thompson.

I'll be surprised if GB has another winning season in the next decade.

I still give this a 50/50 shot at happening. Favre, as we all know, never wanted to attend training camp at all...most veterans despise it. Today, Chilly may have just put out the flames and smoke that would have overwhelmingly took over his training camp with the speculation still there. I won't be a firm believer until the 2nd pre-season game is over and he's still a no-show.

I really don't care if he signs or not but if Chilly and our management team allow him to sign after training camp ends and they are all back at Winter Park I would have a big problem with that. After todays news,, I hope he just waves goodbye and ends it for good. It would be nice if the Vikings front office would just come out publicly and say it's over to end all speculation. If this doesn't happen within the next few days, I would expect to hear and see more and more of this story as training camp rolls on.

Has anyone here ever thought that Brett Favre may be trying to help the Packers by giving the wanna be Vikings quarterbacks mental issues.

Or MAYBE he is secretly trying to help the Lions since all this coverage effects BOTH Greenbay and Minnesota.

As being a HUGE Favre fan this is gonna be a rough season not watching him!!! I'm 27 and I cant rememember a Sunday not watching this guy run around the field like he was a little kid. You could always depend on him playing not matter if he was hurt. This is gonna be a tuf season for a lot of us and for the NFL in general.

On a side not, Vick will be a Viking!!! Cant wait for that stupid song "Who let the dogs out" to be played every Sunday!! The Vikings are a joke. Get a real coach or be shipped!!!

OK its over now guys, lets move on. But I agree with Brian, we should of spent more time looking for a new coach then a QB!!

Yea like thats gonna happen, name one coach that the Viks have had in the past that everyone liked, except maybe Grant, and I was too young to remember him. Tice? Denny? We will always have crappy coaches no one likes, or that we turn on half way thru the season......

With Farve still throwing the ball and working out, he could still come to Minnesota.

When he signed with the Jets, if I remember correctly, he didn't start until training camp was over.

Could this happen again? I believe so.

Amid mounting evidence that Brett Favre is interested in playing football if he can find a way to shorten the season as it applies to him, there are some in the Vikings organization who are convinced that Favre will attempt to join the team after the first two weeks of training camp.

And that coach Brad Childress will welcome him with open arms.

This conflicts with the notion, as Tom Curran reported yesterday, that the Vikings have closed the door on Favre. But the reaction of the team in the immediate wake of Favre's announcement and its atttiude after 14 days of bounce passes and pickoffs could be very different.

whistle

MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPPP!!!! You know we'll still be hearing about this in October. IT JUST WON'T DIE!!!!

As much as I want it to all go away, I don't know that this is completely dead yet. LMITOUT, don't change that Avatar any time soon.

This is like a bad virus that never goes away.

Lets send Childress to Miss. and leave him there with Favre.

I HOPE TJack has made tremendous strides in the offseason or Sage can manage this team. All it would take is slightly above average quarterbacking and we'd be legitimate contenders.

Yikes, let's leave Jeff George to someone else. The Favre days aren't over, he will wait until towards the end of training camp to announce that he will give it a try, and the vikes will welcome him. I can just see it now. Until then, The packers STILL suk

Amid mounting evidence that Brett Favre is interested in playing football if he can find a way to shorten the season as it applies to him, there are some in the Vikings organization who are convinced that Favre will attempt to join the team after the first two weeks of training camp.

And that coach Brad Childress will welcome him with open arms.

This conflicts with the notion, as Tom Curran reported yesterday, that the Vikings have closed the door on Favre. But the reaction of the team in the immediate wake of Favre's announcement and its atttiude after 14 days of bounce passes and pickoffs could be very different.

whistle

Exactly what he is going to try to do. This clown is a self indulgant jerk!! I didn't want him here anyway. But you don't lead a team on for three months and then say "na, don't feel like it". What a drama queen. He just doesn't want to go through camp and then he'll call up ol' chilli and say he wants to play and we'll take him.

If you're Brett Favre you do what you want my friends. And yes the door is still WIDE open for him to be a Viking!

Training camp LMAO!

Glad he was smart enough not to taint his legacy with purple puke. grin What are the odds this is finally over?

Glad he was smart enough not to taint his legacy with purple puke. grin What are the odds this is finally over?

Never seen purple puke. Seen gold and green though

I've see purple puke...One time me and a buddy got into some Mad Dog 20/20 when we were in the service. That stuff makes some killer purple puke....Haven't touched the stuff since.

I am angry, though, that the Drama Queen From Kiln put the Vikings and their fans through three months of this horsecrap, and undermined the position of both potential Viking QBs in the process.

Originally Posted By: Cooter

Never seen purple puke. Seen gold and green though

Drink a bunch of grape kool-aid, and the next day in the toilet reminds me of the Vikings!!!