• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

My connections say he will sign the 15th or the 28th of July!!!

I thought I heard that there will be an announcement before single season tickets go on sale. If I remember right thats July 20th

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

If you ever see a smooth looking guy wearing a Packers or Jets Favre jersey at Zorbaz or Lakeside that would be me!! And I would have a PBR in my hand!!

Man, that is friggin hilarious, well if you ever come up my way and see a rough looking s.o.b. sitting in Pinehurst, or the Elbow Lake Store/Bar with a Mich Golden in their hand, don't assume it's me!!! Lol!

Originally Posted By: BrianLucky13
If you ever see a smooth looking guy wearing a Packers or Jets Favre jersey at Zorbaz or Lakeside that would be me!! And I would have a PBR in my hand!!

Man, that is friggin hilarious, well if you ever come up my way and see a rough looking s.o.b. sitting in Pinehurst, or the Elbow Lake Store/Bar with a Mich Golden in their hand, don't assume it's me!!! Lol!

That's some funny sh@t right there Leechbait. I was thinking the same thing. Smooth looking dude.....rough looking S.O.B.....you guys are killing me!!

My connections say he will sign the 15th or the 28th of July!!!

Good prediction....that pretty much narrows it down to anytime between tomorrow and the day before the players report in Fankato.

By the way Brian, I'll be in Fankato on the 31st, so if you have that new purple #4 jersey by then I could take it with me and see if I could get it signned for you...

I'm up that way one day a week!!! Do you drive an old chevy by any chance cuz if you do you might be my long lost dad!!!

HA HA HA!!!! I don't see any resemblence buddy! Plus I'm 30 years old. Sorry to break it to you, but it just isn't possible. lol!!!

You are up this way once a week?

We gotta get out on the water together sometime Brian!

Big fish are going here!! Multi fish, 50 inch days!!! Gotta get Favre's number to see if he wants to tag along too. Maybe he is my dad???hhmm

Ahhh that's right you are a Muskie dude. I just don't have the gear to hang with the big dogs anymore! wink.. Yeah you must be part Favre, and we'll still have to make it out sometime!

I got over 1,000 lures and plenty of rods and reels!!! You only need 1 lure on DL though!!

You only need 1 lure on DL though!!

A pabst can with 4 treble hooks gorilla taped on! HA HA!!!

Well when you have an open seat give me a shout on here bud! I'm down to fish anytime.. well anytime Mrs. Leechbait says I can wink

You only need 1 lure on DL though!!

A pabst can with 4 treble hooks gorilla taped on! HA HA!!!

Well when you have an open seat give me a shout on here bud! I'm down to fish anytime.. well anytime Mrs. Leechbait says I can wink

Actually I use JB weld to keep the hooks on!!! Sometimes I put rocks in the can to get it down to the depth that the fish are eating!!

Seems like she lets you fish a lot!!!

Got my #4 Farve Vikings jersey today!! Looks sweet and I can't wait to wear it around my Packer fan friends. Should be interesting!!! smile

Yeah she does let me go quite a bit. Not as much as I'd like to go of course, but hey what can I expect. Now I might have to order one of those jerseys!! But I have no Packer fan friends to torment so I better not.

Quote:
By CHRIS TALBOTT, Associated Press Writer 57 minutes ago

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Brett Favre tells The Associated Press that he felt “pretty good” after a workout Wednesday, but he’s not yet ready to commit to the Minnesota Vikings because he wants to make sure he can be effective for an entire season.

The 39-year-old quarterback says he will give the Vikings an answer on whether he’ll play this season by the July 30 start of training camp.

Favre has been working out with the Oak Grove High School football team three days a week all summer, but added a Sunday workout because he’s “running out of time.”

Favre says surgery to repair a biceps tendon in his throwing arm was successful and that he has enough velocity to return to the NFL. He’s just not sure whether that means he’ll be able to compete for an entire season.

Hey, what's two weeks after all the waiting that's gone on already. gringrin

In my opinion it's going to happen. Can you imagine the uproar if he DIDN'T sign.. I think that has crossed his hillbilly mind a couple times too.

And next:

Quote:
By CHRIS TALBOTT, Associated Press Writer 19 minutes ago

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Brett Favre acknowledged he’s “running out of time” to decide whether he’ll play for the Minnesota Vikings this season.

The quarterback told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he’ll give the Vikings an answer on whether he’ll play by the July 30 start of training camp. Favre has been working out with the Oak Grove High School football team three days a week all summer, but added a Sunday workout this week.

“There’s two weeks left and I’m doing everything I can,” Favre said. “I was down here Sunday morning working out. I’m trying to get everything to where I feel 100 percent when I go in. I can’t go in any less. When you’re 39 years old, it’s hard enough. But it’s getting there.”

The former Packers and Jets quarterback said surgery to repair a biceps tendon in his throwing arm was successful and that he has enough velocity to return to the NFL. He’s just not sure whether that means he’ll be able to compete for an entire season.

“I felt like going to New York last year that I still had it,” Favre said. “I didn’t know my arm was hurt at the time. So that’s what I try to get across to people. I had that fixed, the surgery to fix that, so I’m trying to make sure that if I go back that part is completely resolved.”

It sure looked like it Wednesday morning, when a jovial Favre hit a variety of passes to high school and college wide receivers. He was crisp on short timing passes and was hitting receivers in the end zone from about 50 yards away. He attempted a few deep passes off bootlegs and usually hit his targets in stride.

Favre’s spirals held true and he proved he still has plenty of zip when he tossed a deep pass to a college receiver who dropped by to work out. The pass split the receiver’s hands and hit him in the face.

“He’s a senior from Southeastern Louisiana, so I put a little more on it,” Favre said with a smile.

Favre said if the arm strength wasn’t there, he wouldn’t be making a bid to return for his 19th season in the league.

“I don’t think Minnesota would even consider it if I didn’t have it,” Favre said. “Second of all, I wouldn’t even think about it if I didn’t have it. Now, having it here and having in on the field on Sundays is two different things, I know that for a fact. I know what it takes to play on Sunday and I still believe I have that.”

Favre said his hesitation is more about what those watching him practice might not see. He used a golfing analogy to explain his situation. What if, he asked, Tiger Woods came back and found he didn’t have the same game?

“He goes out and hits a 2 iron and he thinks it will go the normal distance it has all his life, then all of a sudden it’s 13 yards short, and he says, ‘I don’t know why that is because everything felt perfect,’ so that’s what I have to get through,” Favre said.

“If you’re throwing and it’s a little off and you have a little pain, it’s a little bit understandable. If there’s no pain and there’s no excuse, that’s where you’ve got a problem. So I want to go out and have one of those days throwing and then have another where all of those throws you make, every warmup throw you make or just in general, feels perfect.”

Favre was released by the Jets earlier this year, clearing the way for him to sign with any team willing to take him. Dr. James Andrews performed surgery May 22 to address the injured biceps tendon, which hampered Favre down the stretch last season.

The Vikings have remained mostly quiet on the topic in recent weeks, preferring to let Favre work through his rehabilitation from the surgery and make up his own mind.

At a fan forum in June, owner Zygi Wilf made it clear officials were receptive to Favre joining the team and the decision was Favre’s to make.

“Right now, it’s all up to Brett Favre in terms of where his future is at,” Wilf told about 1,200 fans gathered at the State Theatre. “I’ll just leave it at that.”

Coach Brad Childress has had sporadic conversations with Favre throughout the summer.

“He’s trying to make a push to get back,” Childress said in June. “I just know this, he won’t play unless he feels like he’s able to play at the level that he’s played over the course of the years. I know he’s working hard.”

AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis contributed to this report.

No way he doesn't come back. If he is throwing the ball with that much zip....the competitor in him will bring him back and the Vikes will ride him, AP and the D all the way to the title!!!!

Favre was jelouas that the all star game took the medias attention away from him for a couple days, so he had to give an announcment.

Favre was jelouas that the all star game took the medias attention away from him for a couple days, so he had to give an announcment.

Exactly!!

Hmmm, if Mauer is Baby Jesus, what will that make Favre if he helps them win a Super Bowl? gringrin

No chance. He's not "one of us", AKA from MN. Just that alone boosts a person up a couple notches on the worshiped ladder regardless of how mediocre he or she may be.

SUPERBOWL???? C'mon...I can hear that Jim Mora Press conference..."Playoffs???? PLAYOFFS????" Only he is saying "Sperbowl??? SUPERBOWL??"

Your guys in purple kill me. ESPECIALLY the fair weather ones.

I will enjoy watching him play and will enjoy it even more when the lavender ladies choke....then again, it woul dbe hard to beat a 16-0 season and choke unless it was topped 4 playoff wins and THEN with a Superbowl Loss.

YEAH! Another 2 weeks and it won't end then either, the guy on PTI last night said it best "I'm Favre'd out." This will drag out, then he will tell us he isn't 100% and how that won't be fair to him or the vikings, then 3 days before the kickoff pronounce himself ready. Chili will line up the parade route, up 35 left onto washington and into the dome, just to add spice to it, Favre will drive his John Deere tractor and tell us how he drove it all the way up from Kiln MS.

As long he he plays well, I don't care when he signs.

Yes, to some degree, he is a drama queen.