• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

I don’t know how you guys in that industry go about your sourcing. 'A source that a source said.’ I don’t know. It’s questionable. Very questionable."

I've never been a big Chili fan, but he did indeed nail that one to the wall. gringrin

I don't like what's happened to the media in this country either. As a longtime media insider, I've complained about it for years. Now that I'm out of the crosshairs, I can join all the rest of you snipers. smilesmile

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

The problem is all of you are assuming Favre will be better then T-Jack and Sage. We have not seen Sage yet, T-Jack has shown a lot of improvement, and Favre is another year older, and coming off an injury. We know what we have in T-Jack, Sage is unproven, and Favre is a question mark. I know Favre has the largest possible upside, but I would hate to bring him in here, waste a lot of money on him, betting he wants a 2yr contract, and flop. I say, bring him in here, and let him compete for the job, let the best man run the show, if it be Favre, T-jack, or Sage, I will then stand behind him, but let them compete, with no one getting a guarantee to start.

^^^^^^^ He gets it, well said!

Favre is a washed up has been! shocked

Have you noticed when Favres name is in the news, you dont hear from him at all, but if you dont see his name in the news for a month, he is having interviews. confused

that says it all! and lets face it, Favre wants that consecutive game streak so he will be back just needs to milk out as much drama and hype leading up to it

It is good to know that not a single media person has any idea what is going on right now. Chilly and Favre are probably both sitting back right now drinking some Premium and going over some plays in the playbook.....

It is good to know that not a single media person has any idea what is going on right now. Chilly and Favre are probably both sitting back right now drinking some Premium and going over some plays in the playbook.....

With the money they make, why would they bother with a beer so sweet you could boil it and sprinkle the remains over your Cream of Wheat? gringrin

The problem is all of you are assuming Favre will be better then T-Jack and Sage. We have not seen Sage yet, T-Jack has shown a lot of improvement, and Favre is another year older, and coming off an injury. We know what we have in T-Jack, Sage is unproven, and Favre is a question mark. I know Favre has the largest possible upside, but I would hate to bring him in here, waste a lot of money on him, betting he wants a 2yr contract, and flop. I say, bring him in here, and let him compete for the job, let the best man run the show, if it be Favre, T-jack, or Sage, I will then stand behind him, but let them compete, with no one getting a guarantee to start.

Tjack has shown a lot of improvement? Please define a lot. Your definition must be different than mine or Websters. We know what we have in Tjack? What do we have in Tjack exactly. A slow learner with terrible mechanics. A guy who can't read defenses. A guy who, the vast majority of the time, panics and throws to his checkdown before even looking at his first and second options. The guy has some talent but he is still as raw as Dice Clay. I will give Tjack one break. He hasn't had the best coaching. I don't believe he will ever be more than spot starter/backup.

Sage is unproven compared to who? Tjack?

Bring Favre in for a competition? How can you even say that with a straight face. The only way Favre loses is if he's hurt. If we bring in Favre, it's to start! Period, exclamation point. Competition. Please!

Unless Favre is 100% healthy we aren't in very good shape at the quarterback position. Sage isn't the long term answer and TJack need exponential improvements weekly to become serviceable.

We're hurting at the quarterback position until we sign or draft a young stud. If you don't believe that you are in denial.

Maybe Favre will stink it up, but even his presence holding a clipboard on the sidelines will be a god send for our QBs, they need alot of tuttleage and he will help a ton.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes

Tjack has shown a lot of improvement? Please define a lot. Your definition must be different than mine or Websters. We know what we have in Tjack? What do we have in Tjack exactly. A slow learner with terrible mechanics. A guy who can't read defenses. A guy who, the vast majority of the time, panics and throws to his checkdown before even looking at his first and second options. The guy has some talent but he is still as raw as Dice Clay. I will give Tjack one break. He hasn't had the best coaching. I don't believe he will ever be more than spot starter/backup.

Bring Favre in for a competition? How can you even say that with a straight face. The only way Favre loses is if he's hurt. If we bring in Favre, it's to start! Period, exclamation point. Competition. Please!

Unless Favre is 100% healthy we aren't in very good shape at the quarterback position. Sage isn't the long term answer and TJack need exponential improvements weekly to become serviceable.

We're hurting at the quarterback position until we sign or draft a young stud. If you don't believe that you are in denial.

I did not say I like what T-Jack brings to the table, I was just saying, we know what he has to offer. He has shown a lot of improvement, from a year ago. After he got the chance again last year to start, he did well, not great, just decent.

If Favre is that good, why would he even worry about a competition? Why should I expect any less then to start the best out of the the possible quarterbacks we will have?

(Hypothetically speaking) If T-jack comes out on fire, and is hitting every receiver from 5-50 yards down the field, and Favre comes out and throws 7 interceptions, and 3 incompletion's out of ten passes, why would we start Favre?

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

Wasn't Chili McNabb's coach in one way or another? Seems to me he turned out to be an above average QB in the league. That tells me Chili doesn't have much to work with (T-Jack). What's the saying.....You can polish a T-Jack, but when you're done it's still a T-Jack.

Bring Favre in to COMPETE with Sage and TJack...I know my eyes are getting bad but I had to read through that a few times to make sure I fully understood it. Get real.

Favre will not help out in "teaching" Sage and TJack either. He was notorious in Green Bay for letting Rodgers figure it out on his own without any help from himself. It's not something he's been known to do or like doing. Favre plays so unconventional and by the seat of his pants that it would be very difficult to teach anyone how to do that. Either you have it or you don't.

I think the folks who believe a QB competition involving Favre, TJack, and Sage would actually be a "competition" are in absolute denial of reality.

No way on God's green earth does Favre not make both those QB's look like grade schoolers in comparison, if he's healthy.

So, sure, go ahead and make it a "competition". The results will be laughable.

That would be all I would ask, let them compete! I cant be alone, since only 30% of MN want Favre in MN. So that makes me part of the 70% wink

In reality every position on the field for every team in the NFL is open for competition. Poor performance = bench in almost all cases if there is someone capable of doing a better job sitting on the sidelines watching. It may take a few weeks but in most cases a change is made.

It's going to be a very disgusting season if the Vikes get the Hall of Fame quarterback from our biggest rivals, the Green Bay Packers.

If he does play well and takes us to the promise land, please tell me how great it will taste listening to all the Cheeseheads out there gloat about how it took Favre to win the Vikes a championship.

As a true, die-hard Viking fan, I honestly do not think I can bring myself to cheer on a team that allowed their arch rival come aboard to play for their team. It's just WRONG! wink

Unfortunately, I think it's a sure thing that Favre will be throwing for the Purple this fall...... Yuck, it makes me sick to my stomach! I guess I'll have a lot more time to go out and play on sundays this year..............

I disagree, A true vikings fan wants their team to go to the superbowl and win. Hes not a packer anymore, he actually wants to beat the packers in the worse way. If we win a superbowl let the packers run their mouths, atleast we WON!

Nothing could bother the people over here more is if favre took the vikes to the bowl. I hear it all the time over here in cheeseland, theyre hero favre in purple makes them sick.

I bleed purple and I dont care who runs the qb position just get us too the bowl and win for once, I am getting tired of just making the playoffs get in there and git er done any means neccessary.

It's going to be a very disgusting season if the Vikes get the Hall of Fame quarterback from our biggest rivals, the Green Bay Packers.

If he does play well and takes us to the promise land, please tell me how great it will taste listening to all the Cheeseheads out there gloat about how it took Favre to win the Vikes a championship.

As a true, die-hard Viking fan, I honestly do not think I can bring myself to cheer on a team that allowed their arch rival come aboard to play for their team. It's just WRONG! wink

Unfortunately, I think it's a sure thing that Favre will be throwing for the Purple this fall...... Yuck, it makes me sick to my stomach! I guess I'll have a lot more time to go out and play on sundays this year..............

I'm with ya on this. I always had respect for him till he started with all this "retirement" [PoorWordUsage].

Trades are made every season from team to team. Green bay would just be jealous thats all.

Farve is not the first nor will he be the last to do this. I would guess that if we were in his shoes and werte offered millions for a season, we would do the exact thing. We can say we would not but we have not had that offer made to us.

That would be all I would ask, let them compete! I cant be alone, since only 30% of MN want Favre in MN. So that makes me part of the 70% wink

The two polls I have seen show over 70 percent would want Favre which isn't surprising at all.

As far as having a competition between T-Jack, Sage and Brett Favre no offense but thats just laughable and its not going to happen!

I swear the polls said 70-30 in favor of Favre taking a leap off the earth, in fact I even remember Tarkington referring to it. Although, here on FM, it seems as though it is 90-10 in favor of him coming here.

Oh well, I have came to the conclusion that he will more then likely by here flinging footballs in the air this coming season, but I don't have to like it.

favre is a free agent...he's not even a packer...he wasn't even a packer last season he was a jet....so the cheeseheads wouldn't have much to say except we got their favorite player in the whole wide world....they will be crushed if favre comes here and wins a superbowl...actually they will be crushed if he comes here period lol....its to funny...they can say we needed favre to win a superbowl all they want and i'll probably agree...what does it matter...you play to win the game right?

I think you have it completely backward. It would be vikings fans rubbing into the packers fanbase that they "threw away" a QB that went on to take their rivals team to a SB. How great would that be after the packers moved on without Favre to see him come to MN and then win a SB?!

Originally Posted By: BRULEDRIFTER

I think you have it completely backward. It would be vikings fans rubbing into the packers fanbase that they "threw away" a QB that went on to take their rivals team to a SB. How great would that be after the packers moved on without Favre to see him come to MN and then win a SB?!

James is right. I am a Packers fan, born and bred. If Favre comes to the Vikes and takes them to a Super Bowl, that means the Pack didn't go to the Super Bowl (bad deal No. 1), and that the Vikes went to the Super Bowl with a top QB who used to be the Pack's claim to fame (bad dead No. 2).

That's two too many bad deals for this Packers fan.

Of course, it's possible that not even Favre can take all the Vikes talent and help win a Super Bowl with that talent. If so, I guess it'll just be Super Bowl loss No. 5 for the lowly Vikes, and you folks are used to whining about losing the big game. Well, the Vikequeens adopted the purple because it's the color of royalty, but it's also the same color as all the bruises of the losingest Super Bowl franchise of all time. I haven't checked that stat, so I'm assuming. Has any other team lost four Super Bowls?

He he. gringrin

Seems some older Packer backers are upset that their old QB will maybe beat the pants off them this year.

Go Brett and Vikes. Stomp GB. I don't care who the QB is as lomg as we smash the pack.

Favre will be THE Viking QB this season. Anyone going to Vegas in the very near future would be advised to put a hundred on the Vikings to win it all.

On the other hand, those 30% of Vikings fans who hate Favre and don't want him on THEIR team could have two things waiting for them:

1. The man they've hated for years takes the team deep into the season and they then have to either:

a.) Cheer for him because THEIR team is doing better then they have in years and sheepishly admit that the guy they despise was really as good as they knew he was. AKA - "the reality check"

b.) Stick to their guns and deny that Favre was the key to the season's success and put an asterisk beside the season denoting it as one that never existed in their minds. AKA - "the river of da-nile"

2. The season is a utter failure at the hands of the man they've hated for years and who once played for the rival team, but now wearing purple, has just destroyed their team. AKA - "the inside job"

The entire situation is just dripping with irony! drool5.gif The dyed in the wool Favre haters are really in a lose-lose situation if he signs on to wear the purple and gold and they know it.