• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre

Scott K

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• BrianLucky13

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Even better, this Favre thread is actually going somewhere now!!

Hopefully they fire childress, even when Farve takes us to the Superbowl. Then in Farve year #2, they can bring in Holmgren for our repeat run to the superbowl. After farve gets 2 new superbowl rings, 1 with holmgren, then he can retire and sage can take over. Sounds like a great plan to me.

When all the dust settles, green bay will then probably take down the (Holmgren way) road sign in GB, because they will be so Mad.

We can only hope.

I thought drugs were also illegal in Canada, because you must be on something grin

I think i would prefer Bill Cowher.

But regardless there are some good proven (superbowl winning) coaches out there to be had if we can just get rid of Chilly.

They won't do it. They hold on to him till all the good coaches are gone and bring in another unproven coach.

What are you guys talking about, no good coach would go to Minnesota!!

i think they should wait till mike vick gets out of prison! go after him.

It’s just a never ending parade of bad QB options. Vick is free in July, and whatever team takes him is going to take a huge fanbase and media hit…high risk/high potential reward. He might have his head screwed on straight, or he might be out of shape, slower, with a weaker arm, and the same poor decision making skills. To go from prison to the top of the NFL isn’t very likely, but someone will take a chance on him. I hope the Vikings aren’t that team, but with their QB situation, something tells me they will look into it.

we'll never look into it...the only qb in the league that vick is better then is t-awesome...they are both bottom of the barrel qb's

Rex Grossman is still available and I bet you can get him pretty cheap!!

Originally Posted By: glenn57
i think they should wait till mike vick gets out of prison! go after him.

It’s just a never ending parade of bad QB options. Vick is free in July, and whatever team takes him is going to take a huge fanbase and media hit…high risk/high potential reward. He might have his head screwed on straight, or he might be out of shape, slower, with a weaker arm, and the same poor decision making skills. To go from prison to the top of the NFL isn’t very likely, but someone will take a chance on him. I hope the Vikings aren’t that team, but with their QB situation, something tells me they will look into it.

As far as Vick, if I wanted a running QB, he would be my #1 choice. If I wanted a QB that is smart and is an accurate passer, he is around #100 on my list. That is all the Qbs in the league (ballparked) his passing never did and never will impress me.

The guy had a rocket arm and was quick in the pocket, and fast once he took off but didn't have the pocket presence to scare anyone. I'd put him on the roster as a punt returner though.

Vick was doing cartwheels in his cell last year when the wildcat scheme hit the league ....he saw $$ in his eyes; and he was right thinking such. Vick could send an opposing Defensive coordinator running to the advil coming off the bench.

The guy had a rocket arm and was quick in the pocket, and fast once he took off but didn't have the pocket presence to scare anyone. I'd put him on the roster as a punt returner though.

When he was "on" throwing the ball on gameday his ball was as sharp as the top qb's in the league....too bad it didnt happen enough.

Oh Yeah, while all this off topic banter is going on Favre is patiently waiting, diligently working out and prepairing for the season as the Vikings #1 Quarteback.

fishin58, that was one of the most rediculous articles and wastes of time out there. I guess you can make race an issue on anything huh? Never mind it's do you take Favre over a QB who proves he can loose, which is the issue. And I still don't want Favre.

According to ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen and Ed Werder, Brett Favre has consulted noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews regarding his torn biceps.

Dr. Andrews reportedly worked with Favre on exercises that could help the healing process without going under the knife. This is no guarantee that Favre will play in 2009, but the fact that he is checking with the best doctors available indicates he is considering the idea of coming back if surgery can be avoided.

Source: ESPN.com

Related: Vikings

vick stunk it up...he never threw the ball as good as the top qb's in the league...he threw eratic lazers with inconsistant accuracy....when he was actually contained and the pocket collapsed on him he just closed his eyes and threw it as hard as he could up in the air.

none of his wr's ever got the ball with any consistancy...the only one to shine in the offense was crumpler which was a safety valve and plays designed where he would be open almost everytime because you had to stop vicks run....thats it...thats the only game he had....when u spy'd him with a good guy or guys and made him stand in the pocket and pass he was horrible...every now n again he'd get away and make a cool run....yippy!!

Favre is reportedly very afraid to go under the knife (even an arthroscopic procedure) due to his past problems with pain killers. He does not want to go down that road again...I don't blame the guy either.

vick stunk it up...he never threw the ball as good as the top qb's in the league...he threw eratic lazers with inconsistant accuracy....when he was actually contained and the pocket collapsed on him he just closed his eyes and threw it as hard as he could up in the air.

none of his wr's ever got the ball with any consistancy...the only one to shine in the offense was crumpler which was a safety valve and plays designed where he would be open almost everytime because you had to stop vicks run....thats it...thats the only game he had....when u spy'd him with a good guy or guys and made him stand in the pocket and pass he was horrible...every now n again he'd get away and make a cool run....yippy!!

They were talking about Vick on ESPN today and while they were talking showing his "highlights" all but one were him running with the ball. The only pass they showed Vick was standing on the 10 yard line and threw a 12 or so yard TD pass. there wasn't a defender within 20 feet of the reciever, and even then he almost couldn't make the pass. I will pass on Ron Mexico, thank you

Even Adrian Peterson was on Sports Center talking about the positives of Favre in purple and showing his support when the contract is inked.

fishin58, that was one of the most rediculous articles and wastes of time out there. I guess you can make race an issue on anything huh? Never mind it's do you take Favre over a QB who proves he can loose, which is the issue. And I still don't want Favre.

Did I ever say whether I agreed with the article, I just posted it because I thought it wa sinteresting and it pertained to the Farve debate.

Free agent Brett Favre has reportedly "confided to friends" that he will not undergo reconstructive biceps surgery.

The major surgery might put his status in doubt for Week 1. The arthroscopy, where Favre's tendon would be cut to "release" the biceps and decrease pain, seems like a more viable solution for both Favre and the Vikings.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

I think he has already had the surgery..... I would expect that it will be all over the news and ESPN in the coming week.