• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lets see your dogs

ranger20

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ranger20

• caseymcq

• MuleShack

• 870Express

Toby is my first dog. After much research, my wife and I decided he was the one and picked him up in May. He's brought nothing but joy to our home and has been a wonder in the field. He's made my first training experience very easy, as he's been a natural. He's 1 year and almost 2 months now. I'm definitely looking forward to some more training over the summer, and another great hunting season this fall.

Picking him up at 6 weeks:

3540892878_b1c5a09da1.jpg

Retreiving at 3 months:

3540887206_1de919cfe7.jpg

First Hunt - Dove (Just a shade over 5 months)

3540082779_52196ab819_o.jpg

First Pheasant Hunt - (Camera got wet, date is incorrect)

3540893234_fe8e199367_o.jpg

First Field Duck Hunt:

3540081683_41d2ca6f9c.jpg

Another Pheasant Hunt:

3540892774_520f66a908.jpg

My Fishing Buddy Too:

3540094831_8c013c04f0.jpg

The descriptions above didn't quite end up where I wanted them, but you get the idea.

Here are Gus(left) and Buster(right) gus is about seven months and her is a german short lab mix and Buster is about five months and he is a weimeraner. [img:left]Picture022.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey frank looks like you have a fishing buddie,mine comes with all the time and when he see the rod getting reeled in he's jumping all over the boat waiting for something to get reel in

Here's Ace (Turkey Creek's Ace High Flush), picture taken about a week ago:

IMG00103.jpg

Here's my 10 1/2 year old, Dixie:

>

Another of Dixie:

Dixie12.jpg

Ace retrieving a snow goose wing at 7 weeks:

tn.jpg

nice video kloop,i like the little yellow chasing the ball i miss them days

Here is a picture of My dog, From 3 years ago. Yellow Lab, Golden Retreiver Mix. I will post a more recent picture when I figure this photobucket thing out....

babybuddy.jpg

Here's Kody pointing a robin in the back yard:

IMG_6922.jpg

He's rock steady when he points. I didn't train any of it, it just started showing up on his first trip to SoDak last year when he was 7 mo. old. First with a bird here and there, and by the second trip a month later, he was pointing almost all the birds. It was sure a nice surprise!

IMG_6923.jpg

On the way back to the front yard we flushed a duck and after watching it fly away, he put his nose to the ground and started quartering into the neighbor's yard. He was sure excited!

IMG_6939.jpg

lenny, nice looking dog and point. Are you familiar with the APLA and the MNPLC? Lots of nice guys in the MNPLC in your area you could hook up with for training.

lenny, nice looking dog and point. Are you familiar with the APLA and the MNPLC? Lots of nice guys in the MNPLC in your area you could hook up with for training.

Thanks. I've heard of those groups but I don't know too much about them.

I did a google search one time to find out more about Kody's sire, P.D. Drake of Miss Jenna, and found that dog's owner posting on the APLA forums so I imagine that's where Kody got his pointing traits from because his mama don't point.

Ironically, when I google the sire's owner again, I see a thread on the APLA forums where you and Brad are discussing dog food brands.

Lenny, Brad is a great trainer and handler. He put on a show at the APLA event this past weekend. To my knowledge PD Drake does not have any pointing titles but does have a MH and QAA points. Nice pedigree behind that dog and I do know Hilltop's Hayseed has produced ponting labs. Who is the dam of your pup? Shoot me an email as I have some other important information I'd like you to know. username at yahoo

The dam is my cousin's lab. To my knowledge she has no titles but I've hunted with her for several years and she puts out a very good, workmanlike performance.

Email sent with more info...

did not yet receive email. make sure you get the underscore between letters and numbers eagle_3464@yahoo

• 3 weeks later...

Our dog Motley, he'll turn 3 on Wednesday. Hes a herding dog but sure tries to be a hunting dog!

When he was a pup..

12-8-20043-79.jpg

Just a cute picture smile

12-8-20043-54.jpg

Herding instincts kickin in

73107058.jpg

Out hunting

14122.jpg

Mot and I out bird hunting smile

14119.jpg

8 weeks today.

Other than being a biting machine, she is a great dog. She will sit in order to get out of the kennel. She folllows you perfectly while on the walk. Very smart also.

26.jpg

28.jpg

No where special really. My female is from a guy in Rock Dell who runs NSTRA trials and the sire won region championship in Wi. My male I got from an old timer in Cosmos a few years back. Probally the most interesting guy I ever talked to. He was 70ish ran the local lumberyard, sold deer stands, had so many indian artifacts it was crazy and he was going back to Alaska to moose hunt later that week. Hopefully I still move that good at that age. Gotta love those gsp's.