• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Vikings draft

koonie

Take AP out of the line-up and I wouldn't even want to think where this team would have been the last two years with Jackson leading the way.

it would of been so horrid even with a real good defense we probably would of only won a couple games....it goes to show how bad t-awesome really is...he has a tough time passing when teams know we are gonna run lol....defenses laugh and put 9 in the box almost every single play every game and we still can barely pass the ball.

goes to show how good AP really is....you got a whole defense lined up with 100% of their focus on you every single play and still leads the league in rushing and punishes people...people can try to hate on him for fumbles but thats gonna happen when you have a whole defense trying to stop you and rip the ball out...he definatly doesn't look to avoid contact.

atleast tarvais bundy once threw 4 td's in one game though!!!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• fishin58

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

Badger,

Turnovers are part of the game. Now that is two things you said that made sense today. grinBut I am having a hard time following your logic on the Vikes wins. It seems your are just trying to find fault with any win the Vikes had. Turnovers are what kept the Vikes from blowing out Detroit in a game, kept them from blowing out the Pack, and cost them some other games. The Carolina game turned on Winfield's fumble return. Arizona got off to a horrid start by turning the ball over twice early. Jacksonville turned the ball over 5 times to us. Gosh, combine those with the New Orleans game and the games you mentioned and you kind of have a hard time finding a Vikes win where they weren't just flat out lucky. Wow...we probably should have been the team to go 0-16

Yep...everyone has injuries and if you list them out for the Vikes and most teams you will find the Pack were not decimated much more than others. I think the Vikes missing Henderson for 13 games, Udeze for the season, Hicks for 4 games, Farwell for the season, Madieu Williams 5 games, Pat Williams 2 games, plus a few others, isn't a whole lot off of what the Packers had to deal with. So I guess my point is I am not sure what your statement about the Packers injuries had to do with anything if it wasn't to justify, at least partially, their record.

Oh wait, now that I think about it, Pittsburgh should probably give back the Lombardi Trophy. If it wasn't for that stupid pass by Warner and improbable return by Harrison they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl. Lucky SOBs. crazy

I listed 4 games that the purple should feel fortunate that they won. Where did I say anything about finding fault with ALL of their victories?

If a team gets turnovers by creating them that's one thing...(forcing a fumble by a hard hit, stripping the ball from a QB etc.).

When a back drops the ball without being hit, the QB fumbles the snap, a receiver lets a ball bounce off his hands into the arms of a defender, a punt is muffed etc.) that's different.

As far as the purple injuries...Henderson is a solid player and big Pat is a pro-bowler (he missed 2 games)! The rest of the guys you mentioned don't compare with the talent of the Packers players I mentioned. Yes, losing those guys did have big impact on Green Bays record. SOME TEAMS GET HIT HARDER THAN OTHERS EACH YEAR WITH THE INJURY BUG! wink

I never referenced anything about the Super Bowl game. crazy

Oh yea....the Vikings still need a quality QB. wink

well only if he gets lucky and hits a quick slant or screen and the player he got the ball to makes a play....or if a corner falls down he can make a deep play!! still makes the wr's have to come back for the ball even when they aren't covered.

too bad if he throws that ball out over the top to BB it gets intercepted by the safety. Isn't very good....shows exactly what this offense is capable of, play action and roll-outs.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

good to see he has 5 nice plays a game.....

Good call James. That and a 115.5 QB rating through that phase.

You T-Jack haters who love an equal to lesser QB in Sage just don't make sense.

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
good to see he has 5 nice plays a game.....

Good call James. That and a 115.5 QB rating through that phase.

You T-Jack haters who love an equal to lesser QB in Sage just don't make sense.

LOL the vikings passing game couldnt even keep defenses honest. It never has with Jackson and it never will. A lesser QB in Sage LOL, funny. Which QB is only allowed to read 1/3 of the defense on a pass play and which QB can read the whole field? Which QB has had multiple games in the last 2 years in which hes thrown 3 or 4 TD's in the 4th quarter alone to lead comebacks and which QB can't throw the ball against a defense that knows he will be throwing the ball? Lesser QB, no way you can be serious.....

Watch the video? We've all seen Jackson play. And this from a guy who is making judgements on the vikings QB situation in which he has clearly not even watched one party play.

I listen to alot of Sirius NFL radio and the vikings have been a hot topic the last week obviously. There is 2 schools of thought being tossed around. One, that its a great idea to bring Favre in. Its a great fit for the vikings and Favre. The second? At this point in Favres career that Sage can be just as effective with all the drama left out. The common theme in it all? No one mentions Jackson and its because its obvious that he is not going to be in the mix to be the starting QB of the vikings.

LOL...to funny...i hope the video doesn't show what the vikings are capable of...didn't we only win 1 of the 3 games in that video? woooooooooooo go t-awesome!!!!!!!

Yeah im not sure why i need to watch the video, i can tell you what you'll see. A pile of plays in which there is 1 read. Playaction passes to a wide open FB/TE in the flat. Quick 7 yard slants. Quick 5 yard curls. A few short out patterns. A few quick hitters to the TE in the seam. I bet they don't show all the 3rd and 8's in which we see a 3 yard pass thrown because they can't trust him to read a couple routes that go past the 1st down marker. I bet there are very few if any passes in which he sits in the pocket and hits a WR 15-18 yards downfield without a busted coverage...you know something that Sage did constantly in Houston. I bet there are zero times in which Jackson looked off a safety and hit a WR 20 yards downfield on a post route...you know something we saw Sage do quite often in Houston. I bet there were few to no throws in that video made in which the defense knew he was going to throw, you know something that Sage did regularly in big comebacks the last couple years. Do i need to keep going...?? I'm done with this thread. All the reading and all the radio i listen to, there are 2 people who think Jackson should be the QB of this team, and they are on here. The question is how far can this team run with a better QB under center this season, not who is going to be under center. I take that back, i guess we can wonder if it will be Sage or Favre.

don't feel to bad guys...my cousin actually went out and bought a t-awesome jersy last season muahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhlolololololololololololhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahmuahahahaahahahahahahhahaahahha!!!

out of all the good players on this team and with the choice to get any jersey he gets the t-awesome jersey....poor guy