• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Vikings draft

koonie

So far everything is pretty much going as expected.

The Raiders made a big time reach for DHB. No suprise though. Al Davis has officially lost it. He drafts according to the stopwatch. No wonder they always draft in the top 10.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• fishin58

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

Yea, I sure hope the QB position isn't the one thing that holds us back this year. Looks like we have got some weapons on offence now.

LOL!

We had Oher in our lap and we went with Harvin? If he gets his [PoorWordUsage] in a pile we'll be alright. The guy is electric.

OK. The Vikings take a wide receiver who should have more than enough so called red flags. He was banned from high school sports in WV or wherever he played for cripes sake. Tested positive for drugs in the combine. Plus who knows how much more this fine upstanding citizen has gotten into. If this doesn't show what a complete [PoorWordUsage] Chilly is, I don't know what does.

Oh, I believe they still need someone to throw the ball to him, providing of course he is not in jail by the time the season starts.

First time Harvin gets in trouble Chilly will hear it. Do I hear the wizzanator coming back? smirk Do we have a 2nd? I hope there are some good tackles left over. All the ones we could have had were there and are now gone. Vikes must think there will be a good tackle left over. They better not blow their next pick other than a tackle. Looks like Patriots are reloading for another run. What's up with defenses switching to 3-4? Are players getting that more athletic? I noticed a lot of good LB's this year going late. Do you see the vikes going that way in the future?

The Vikings have a 2nd (54th), a 3rd (86th), no 4th, a 5th (158th), no 6th, and two in the 7th (221 & 231).

They passed on a couple man beasts on both offense and defense. Imagine!

I think Phil Loadholt is still out there. I believe he played at Oklahoma? I heard he might be alright. I also believe there is one other OT out there(Beatty?).

4th rounder for Sage. We have a 2nd this year unless we traded it for something that they haven't said yet. Plenty of good tackles left in this draft.

BTW I like the Harvin pick. I can agree that we did need a lineman, either defensive or offensive, but we dearly needed another weapon on offense too. I really hope the kid can keep his nose clean, cause if his play in college transfers over to the pros, he will be pretty darn good.

Harvin is a great paly maker, but like it is stated, 1st time he messes up there will be no end to it!

i like the percy pick...its more exciting then an oline guy although i know how bad we need one but i still think we can get a good one in this draft and/or a decent free agent.

I am satisfied with the first choice. I just hope they toy with the wild cat this year.

Vikes pick up a big tackle in Loadholt from Oklahoma. Whew, at least they addressed a glaring need on the line.

The Browns were a little trade happy today, I think I would rather have a higher pick than keep trading down like they did.

PA made a good point the other day about Harvin- if you are going to the combine, wouldn't you lay off the smoke for a month or so? Kind of stupid to go ahead and smoke anyway.

Little different spin here. Chilly put his neck on the chopping block with the first pick... Was going to be there anyway. We all hope for the best. Second pick filled a need.

How about that draft coverage? Worst I have ever seen/heard. Had full ESPN coverage until about 15 and then muted and tuned in KFAN. ESPN obviously had insider info or a big delay to always be able to cut to the guy on the cell making his posse smile. KFAN? Nice time management to talk through the picks. Interview with a special teamer almost talked over our pick and it amazingly wasn't vox.

Loadholt is a monster. He doesn't really fit our ZBS but apparently Childress fell in love with the guy. Maybe we will do a little more power running.

Are they planning on putting Loadholt at right tackle or are they going to replace McKinnie on the left side?

Was watching the predraft show and they were talking the Vikes needed a Center as well? Thought we had some young stud to replace Birk?

Yes I believe Loadholt will be RT, NFL network guys were saying that they expect him to start game 1 at RT. They said he is a solid run blocker but needs work on his pass blocking. Sullivan is the center we drafted from Notre Dame last year who is expected to start.

Chad

How about that draft coverage? Worst I have ever seen/heard. Had full ESPN coverage until about 15 and then muted and tuned in KFAN. ESPN obviously had insider info or a big delay to always be able to cut to the guy on the cell making his posse smile. KFAN? Nice time management to talk through the picks. Interview with a special teamer almost talked over our pick and it amazingly wasn't vox.

I agree. Some of the worst coverage by espn. That Smith guy is terrible in studio. He seemed like he didn't know what to say. Boomer kept stuttering trying to find things to say. Seems like they over did it to an extent that nothing else could be said leaving them with nothing to elaborate.

Espn draft coverage r worst than ever.. I think brown make a good choices. They start out with 5 picks then end up with 10 picks after trade down, down, and down by the time I stopped watchin the draft.

I'm glad they got a OT who wasn't a reach.

As far as the Harvin pick, the Vikes did pretty good with Moss at 21 a few years ago and he had character issues. Although I doubt Harvin will have the impact Moss did in his first year.