• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I swung through the parking lot today with my boat....the lot was packed, not a place to park. Hit a different lake and did quite well. Guess I'll stick to just fishing it during the week.

Hunter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FasterThanYou23

• FishSystem

• bigbad401

• kaine

went out the last 3 days and so far nothing except some pike just cant seem to find the eyes does anyone know if they are still up by shore or if they have moved out the main lake humps?

25 guys in the opener Saturday tourney and 5 eyes brought in.

20" won the money none for me yet. I'll keep plugging away.

Some pannies cooperated for the fish fry though.

Couldn't keep the bass off either.

Ferny.

Well this was the first year in ten that I didn't fish rush opener I was in Florida Catching Bass that was fun And it was very warm

Will be hitting West Rush for northerns soon. Anyone have any tips or words of wisdom?

Both lakes are good pike lakes. I have most experience with west, but east can be great at times too. They are weed related fish so look there. I like to start with the emmerging reeds then move to the thicker stuff and breaklines.

Spoons work the best for me, but others like spiners (both inline, and saftey pin).

It is a Muskie fishery, so make sure of your catch if you are keeping something, and I beleave there is a protected slot, so bring a ruler.

It's a good pike lake for size just not the numbers.

Try around the humps and saddles between the islands any were there's rocks, current or both.

Big bass spinner baits work best with big willow leafs getting the edge. Grey, white chart. colors seem to produce well. Lots of perch and crappies for them to feed on.

Some very big pike in the lake they have to be to compete for food with the muskies after all. Saw the biggest pike of my life on the lake. Was a pig of a fish with great pike markings on it would have made for a great picture. One thing I don't understand is the pike have great markings in the lake and are real pretty healthy looking fish but the muskies are just the opposite with messed up fins, cuts and they look at you all cross eyed.

• 1 month later...

Moved two Wednesday night. One got hooks but threw them at the boat and the other blew up on a lure and missed (both high 30's/low 40's). Fishing has been slow like every where else. Long stretches of nothing and a bit of action in a short period of time.

10 guys from work are having our annual small fishing tourney next week (5 boats). All fish go back in unharmed. We randomly pick a different lake each year so there is no "home lake advantage" for anyone. As always, the tourney is strictly for bragging rights. grin It's a multi-species tourney, we have to catch bass/pike/walleye to have a shot at taking the trophy (and bragging rights.) So......I'm looking for reports/hints on chasing some walleyes out there on East/West Rush. (I have the bass/pike covered.) You all know how much fun it is heckling your co-workers for an entire year (note my long standing tag line), so I am looking for some FM help here to make my partner and I 3-peat defending champs! It's just been too much fun the last two years to go down without giving it our best shot. smile All manner of research into specific lake tricks and tips is legal in our tourney, so I am utilizing all my resources. If anyone is willing to help out the cause, my parnter and I would really appreciate it! Feel free to email me if you'd rather not post your tips online, my address is in my profile. Thanks for the help!

Bassmaster

I've been looking for consistent crappie action on Rush but have not been able to find it. Anyone willing to point me in the right direction? Thanks guys.

i am moving closer to the lake. in september what tacticts usually work best? I have only fished the lake once. thanks for any help!

Best bet is to get yourself a map and a pile of lures. Hit the likely spots, durring the week. Fish them differently or fish your lures differently than others and you may get lucky. Or fish the weekend and run into others pounding the same waters.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Going to Rush Lake near Rush city tomorrow and am curious if i should work East or West rush for the most action. im leaning toward West rush since it has more structure that East. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Might go for some walleye as well as the sun is going down. Thanks in advance!

I would recommend avoiding the knee jerk reaction to fish west...east is pretty darn good...both have been stocked with similar numbers of fish over the years.

I have seen a lot more on west latley, I have fished east hard the last few weeks and only saw a couple small ones. Fish deep weed line edges on west thats your best bet but good luck over all west has been real slow. Have been fishing forest lake and seeing a lot more fish on that lake

• 2 weeks later...