• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FasterThanYou23

• FishSystem

• bigbad401

• kaine

Does anyone know if east or west rush have turned yet? If you know the surface temp, That would be helpful too. Thanks

Was on the lake today into Sunday evening, water temp dropped considerably from Friday night. Surface Temps between 45 and 48.

Thanks for the report sfnc, if I can call you that for short?

And welcome to FM. smile

Was it a good day or just - meh?

Yep, I knew when I closed out I didn't look at your date just your post count. Still.... wink

Sunday evening fishing was meh, seen about a 45" shallow but was not hot on the bait just a looker. Had some marks off the deep breaks no takers. Next time!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted in the open water thread too but I finally found redtails and creek chubs. The bait shop in Harris just got a bunch. They worked well on Rush so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been in the bay on west rush lake by that park? Just wondering if anyone has any ice reports from that area. As always, thanks for replying!

Rush point store said there was 3" in the bay as of 12/9.After these last couple days Id say theres gotta be 5" if not more.

Hey fasterthanyou23.....thanks for the report. I live in osseo and that's a long drive to check the ice conditions out. Looking to hit it on monday night or thursday for sure. Thanks for the update.

Called rush point store tonight,they said there is 6" out to cigar with wheelers out today.

Headin out there in the morining!!!

Awesome....wish I could join you. leave a few in there for the rest of us. get back on here and let us know how good the ice is and how the fishin was. Thanks in advance.

Just got back from west rush and I didn't measure but ice was around 6". Story of the night was crappies. Slowed down an hour after dark but a few walleyes made it worth sticking around. Tried a bunch of new baits and almost everything was working. I love early ice. I'll be back soon since tonight's catch is soon to be fried.

I am heading out there Thursday with a couple of coworkers (taking the day off). What is the snow like? Only reason I ask is to figure out if it will be easy pulling the house (ice) or a b*%ch (snow)

Thanks

I was out yesterday with mixed results. Crappies were off and on. If your heading out on the west bring a wheeler or snow machine. It was a b#!@$ pulling the house out. Solid 6 inches where we were.

I was out all day yesterday and it was pretty slow.Only managed to get a few crappies and a handful of perch.Pulled up a 29" northern in the morning.Measured 4.5"-5" of ice where I was.

Went out Saturday, was on the south side of cigar and did alright, ice was good, I think we were on 4" where we were, but 6-8" on the way out. Good luck all

I was out most of the day Monday. Not much luck with the crappies,I am blaming the storm front. I would say the ice was about 8" in front of the access. Do be careful walking around out there, alot of holes have been punched through the ice out there, saw one guy step in one yesterday. Judging by the amount of people out there on Monday, the zoo should be in full swing this weekend.

I am heading back out Sunday, found the crappie where I found them last year, I would like to know where the wallies are, but I would understand is no one would help with it.