• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another Delmon Rant

SkunkedAgain

delmon, could definately get around the bases faster...all of Cuddys trips and summersaults would slow him down

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• zamboni

• CrappiesNCats

• Gary Crichton

oooooouch. Dont you have to hit the ball first in order to run the bases. Right now that would apply to quite a few.

G.C.

Oh I am, just have get the bats going. Man we are not hitting the ball. Our pitchers had a very bad 7th inning last nite, and after Lirano pitched a good game once he settled down, that was a downfall. I guess Toronto will be the team with our number this year. We have not done well against them dating back to last year. Hopefully all bats on deck for the weekend series with LA.

G.C.

Originally Posted By: zamboni
I am so torn right now as to what the OF/DH situation should be. Cuddyer and Span should be out there everynight, and I seriously want to give tubby a chance at DH, but that takes out Kubel. IDK right now. How about this- Span LF, Gomez CF and Cuddyer RF. Then let Casilla play 2nd, but let Delmon bat for him vs lefties (but Casilla runs if Delmon gets on) and Kubel DH.

I am not going to rant right now about Delmon, he has struck out a bunch, but had a couple decent at bats, but aside from Casilla batting left handed he has been a real stinker this season. Alot of coaches say nowadays that the rightie vs lefty matchups aren't all that important, maybe they should tell Casilla just to give up batting right handed

right now span is the only one that the team needs out there playing every game. none of the other three are doing much at all from an offensive standpoint (other than their batting stats which are very offensive).

when it comes right down to it, one could make the argument that the starting outfield should consist of span, kubel and gomez (gomez only from the standpoint that he's the strongest defensive player amongst him, cuddy, and young) and have buscher be the dh, at least against rh pitchers.

another thing to keep in mind though is that it is so early in the season so no need to panic yet. comparing baseball to football, we are approximately only about halfway through the 4th quarter of the first football game of the season if you look at it from that perspective.

ok fellas. I had a long talk with gardy after my last post. He was a little reluctant to make the complete change that I mentioned but thought maybe trying kubel in the of and buscher at dh was worth at least a try to see if it would shake things up but he wasn't going to bench cuddy. something about too much money to put on the bench. smirk Then gardy gave me a wink and asked me if I thought that delmon would pick it up if he put him back out in right and just let him be the regular rf for the next two weeks and see how he does. I said sure, why not but that wink made me think that ain't going to happen. blush

Cuddy's batting.154 with runners in scoring position and has managed a total of 5 RBI. Delmon Young is hitting .273 with runners in scoring position and has 7 RBI in 18 less at bats

And has played in a quarter of the games which = less ABs to strike out (which he usually does)

And has played in a quarter of the games which = less ABs to strike out (which he usually does)

what does this say about our $6 million dollar man when he's got fewer rbi's than young despite playing fulltime and getting one of the prime spots in the lineup for rbi opportunities?

They had a star trib poll and the question was "Who is playing too much" and Cuddy won in a lanslide. He got more votes than all other combined.

Man he's terrible. They should be giving most of his salary to the younger, better guys before they are offered more to go somewhere else!

Originally Posted By: zamboni

what does this say about our $6 million dollar man when he's got fewer rbi's than young despite playing fulltime and getting one of the prime spots in the lineup for rbi opportunities?

Delmon will always be a stitch in my side until he figures out how to catch a simple fly ball without me having to put my hands over my eyes. My biggest hang up about him is his defensive skills- they are horrendous, and that can cost more runs than striking out at the plate. Take Punto for example, his "D" saves alot more runs than he will ever produce, that is just as important in may situations than a guy producing at the plate. Look, I am not saying Cuddyer is the guy I want up at the dish when the game is on the line, but as far as him Span and Young in the OF, Young comes in a very distant third.

They had a star trib poll and the question was "Who is playing too much" and Cuddy won in a lanslide. He got more votes than all other combined.

Lets see if you sit him, you would then say why is not playing when we are paying him all that money. If he plays at all, you say someone else should be in there. A no win situation for him. There are 24 other members of the TEAM, and so far no one is standing out.

G.C.

?? Young is a RF playing left. If cuddy was such a great outfielder he should have moved, but he cries whenever you make him do anything else.

the last year when both delmon and cuddy played RF Youngs Range Factor and Zone Rating were superior to Cuddy's.

so bash away for young playing out of position when cuddyer isnt putting the team first and doing the same.

A RF playing Left??? Yep, big stretch. A pitcher trying to be a catcher is a stretch. A RF playing left- not so much. See ball, CATCH ball shoulda been his Twins commercial last year

delmon, could definately get around the bases faster...all of Cuddys trips and summersaults would slow him down

Hey Sled, after Cuddyers triple friday night, would you bet on that now?? He was actually flying around them bases, don't think Mr Young could do that

i can't take anyone who thinks cuddy is faster than young seriously.

i can't take anyone who thinks cuddy is faster than young seriously.

If Delmons so fast, and I mean seriously, why do they always pinch run him when the games on the line? Must be either bad base running or lack of speed- so which is it? They just pich ran him last night, and it wasn't the first time. I can bet Young would not have legged out that triple Cuddy did friday night.

• 3 weeks later...

Condolences to the Young family.

Quote:
CHICAGO — Bonnie Young, mother of Twins outfielder Delmon Young, died Monday night at her home in Camarillo, Calif.

Young left the Twins after Thursday's game to be with his mother, who battled pancreatic and liver cancer for 3 1/2 months. Young will remain away from the team until after his mother's funeral, expected to be Saturday in Vicksburg, Miss.

Dmitri Young, Delmon's older brother and an infielder with the Washington Nationals who has been out all season with a hip strain, also was at the family's home this week.

Delmon Young has been on baseball's family emergency list since Friday, allowing the Twins to call up catcher Jose Morales to replace him. But the seven-day maximum stay will run out before his return, likely forcing the Twins to play a couple of games this weekend with a 24-man roster.

I know what's going on in his personal life, but, uh, yeah. He looks lost at the plate and in the field. 6 so's in 8 at bats.

I know what's going on in his personal life, but, uh, yeah. He looks lost at the plate and in the field. 6 so's in 8 at bats.

Yeah it's bad, maybe he's just not ready to play...hasn't done much this year. Tied for 2nd last in XBH with minimum of 80 at bats or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

That is one of the pleasures of being retired...I can watch as much of the late nite games as I want. smilecool

He came thru tonite!!! smile

He was a big 0 fer until then, woohoo!! Maybe we can get a hit out of him a game, meanwhile Bartlett and Garza just keep getting better and better!!

Little steps...he has always been a 2nd half hitter.

Send him to the minors until after the All Star game then!! Wait, we have don't have anyone any better to take his spot- nevermind!!