• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been out there and is it 100% iceless? Just wondering would like to give it a try thursday but dont want to dive up and find out it still has ice on it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBMasterAngler

• kaine

• 1morecast

• CJH

bud- Ill try and send out an e-mail, I know a member that lives on the lake and see if I can get him to chime in for you.

Yes it was all clear as of yesterday. I live towards the middle of the lake and there is none there. I would still be a little cautious in the bays but the center is wide open

Main lake almost 50.....Found 56 and a couple bass...one 17 incher on my 10 foot crappie noodle rod.....Man,...life is good and getting better!!!

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone has been doing any good on big marine and what have you been catching?

Thanks

Did good on crappies 2-3 weeks ago. Haven't been out since. They were up in 4-5 feet of water. Also, couldn't keep the bass or the slimers off.

Well, I might as well not have shown up. Launched at the south access, wind was coming in pretty good. Water is so low I had backed my entire truck into the lake (front tires 10 ft from shoreline) and the rollers on my trailer were still above water! Was only out for about an hour, had 1 small pike follow, and seen a gigantic carp swimming around. Got sick of dealing with the wind and decided to head in (not very fun trying to load the boat), and was gonna hit the river, but got a phone call and had to call it a day. Water was chilly, and not much green weeds growing yet.

Put in at the north ramp. Didn't have as much trouble. Caught probably 4 or 5 small pike while walleye fishing. Unfortunately no eyes. Went later this afternoon and wind was less than this morning.

Have you tried the new access in the county park yet?

I have but I did not like their new boat ramp parking lot.. I dislike how each individual would have to back out and can't pull forward after parking.

Gave big marine another chance on friday. Much easier to launch on the south access when there isn't any wind blowing in. Anyway, fishing was good...got 15 bass (all quickly released of course) and 6 pike. If I would've landed every follow or strike, I would've caught an easy 30 or so pike. Every single fish was caught on an orange/yellow spinnerbait. First time I've used one in about 10 years, definitely need to buy some more! Also caught my first sun burn of the year smile Perfect day to be out...aside from the fishing, saw lot's of herons, egrets, terns, bald eagle, loons, mergansers, even a group of turkeys...not your average metro lake.

Thanks for the report JB.

Is the north access deeper or in better shape?

Yep, that's a really good access. It's always packed though.

North acess is far more better than the south...I had to use my trailers tilt for the first time on the south landing.

Yeah, even during normal water levels the south access is very shallow. Right now I'd say big marine is a good 2 ft low, so even with my little boat it's a tough launch...but I enjoy the solitude, so it's well worth it. smile

Heading out today, so hopefully crowding won't be an issue. Wondering if this cold front will make a tougher bite, but we're going anyway. I'll post up a report when we get back.

Two of us probably boated 14 fish. Mostly smaller sized northerns and bass. First time on the lake though, so got to know the layout a little bit. It definitely seems like a weed-line lake and once you get some of the contours down it could be good.

It is an okay lake only in my opinion.. The pikes and bass are definitely on the small side in that lake.

A buddy and I got a mess of bass out there on opener. We both fished from 5:30-11:30, I left at 11:30 and he stayed till 4. When we were fishing together we got 29, after I left he got another 24. Oh, we got 2 small pike, too. Most of the fish were in the 12-14" range, but we got about a half-dozen in that nice 16-18" range. Most were caught on lizards, but we did get a few on spinnerbaits. Definitely a good numbers lake with a few nice ones mixed in. I have seen a couple of monsters in the lake, though.

Brewmn, I fished pretty much the entire lake when I was there last week. The westside and north arm the first part of the day, and the southshore in the evening. I think the fishing will pickup even more when the weeds get a little thicker.

Thanks for your help JB!! I got out this morning and managed 3 decent pike trolling. I'm surprised I didn't pick up any bass.

The ramp in the park is in good shape....no problems @ all.