• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Packers Off-season Thread!!

Rick

The past has as much to do with sports fandom as the future. Of course, we DO tend to pick which parts of the past about our teams we talk up and which we ignore.

Is it our fault that we can focus on Super Bowl/championship victories and the Vikes fans can't? I don't think so. winkwink

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CJH

• SkunkedAgain

• Scott K

• LABS4ME

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right but those Viking fans wouldnt understand cuz they are focused on trying to get on a band wagon(now that 4 might go there!!)

The only way the queens will have a better record then the pack is if they pick up number 4!! Then its still a [PoorWordUsage] shot. Vikings have the easiest schedule too which will help them out!!

Where is the Vikes schedule easier? 14 games are exactly the same as the Pack. 2 games are different. The first game that is different is 3rd place TB for you and division champ Carolina for the Vikes. We get a 12-4 team and you get a 9-7 team. The other game that is different is the Pack get the third place 9-7 Cowboys and we get the division champ 12-4 Giants. So where is it that we have the easiest schedule? OOPS... eek Maybe just some hedging of your bet with some early excuse making? laugh

The Pack should be tough this year. Good draft for talent and need. Kampman making the adjustment to a new position may be the biggest key. Rogers answered all the questions last year so no worries there. I think the question may be, is the defense of two years ago the level of talent it has or did they just come back to earth last year? Injuries were a factor but there was more to it than that it seemed. If they do improve the defense they will be in the mix all season long.

Vikings have the second weakest schedule in the league this year (OOOPS), just behind the Bears and ahead of the Packers. What does that say about the NFC North!!

What does that say about the NFC North!!

An 8-8 record will win the North. OK, maybe the Vikes with Favre could go 10-6. winkwink

Such domination!!!!

• 1 month later...

Get ready for the 80's...... Six wins and its a good season. Oh but wait farve will come back!!!!!!!!! grin

• 3 weeks later...

Raji signed this afternoon. Can't wait to see him in real game action, he is a man child!!!!! Can't wait to see some smash mouth Defense, that's what's been sorely missing. A touch of that and we'll surprise some people!!

I agree CJH. Nothing worse than watching a lead slip away late in a game because we can't stop anyone. BTW, my wife and I are headed to the game tomorrow, should be fun!!

Agreed. The offense was solid last year, the defense was porous at best. You have to be able to stop the run!

Have fun at the game!!! I went two years ago and had a blast. Its the best game day experience in the NFL.

Doubt Raji is going to play. I read this morning he passed the physical and conditioning test and is in good shape, so that will help get him on the field sooner. The more reps the better for him!!!!

Quote:
Rodgers, Packers look sharp in shutout of Browns

Rodgers directed two long touchdown drives before departing, and Green Bay's new 3-4 defense gave Quinn and Anderson fits in the Packers' 17-0 win over the Cleveland Browns in their preseason opener Saturday night.

Rodgers went 5 of 10 for 102 yards and completed a 53-yard TD pass to Donald Driver on the opening drive. Driver initially looked over his left shoulder on the long third-down pass, then swiveled right to catch the ball in stride past safety Abram Elam, who was late rotating over on the play.

Rodgers followed it with an 11-play drive that included a fourth-and-5 conversion on a defensive holding penalty and was capped by Ryan Grant's 2-yard TD run.

While the Packers made a few defensive mistakes, the pressure more than made up for it.

Aaron Kampman, converting to linebacker from end and forced to play more pass coverage, watched Quinn zip one to receiver Mike Furrey between him and linebacker Brady Poppinga on Cleveland's opening drive. But he slammed Quinn to the ground moments later when no one picked up his rush from the right side.

Kampman got his hands on Anderson, too, breaking through and grabbing enough of Anderson's throwing arm on his first atttempt to disrupt the play. Anderson's second pass on his next drive was lobbed up for grabs after getting more pressure by Desmond Bishop and Tramon Williams intercepted it.

Watched parts of the preseason game against Buffalo. Wow, the starters looked really good. Its preseason, so you can't read too much into it, but I was impressed. Raji was good for not having practiced much, in fact on one play he almost got to the QB despite being double teamed. He just pushes the pocket. The D was flying around, hitting people, making plays, with 4 turnovers created in the first half.

Rogers looked sharp and in midseason form. Grant even had a few solid runs, which is promising. The line seemed more cohesive than last year.

We've got a ways to go, but at least this game was promising!!

Yep, 1st team looked pretty sharp. It was encouraging to see the defense step up a bit. Hopefully Dom Capers can whip them into shape.

Rodgers looks sharp as ever..Hopefully he will stay healthy.

I'll say and I don't see any reason for him not to be better and the best QB in the Division again even with the addition of Favre and Cutler.

he's a nice qb forsure.....you guys interested in working out some kind of trade for junkson?? he's got alot of zip on his passes and can keep a play alive!!!!

Looks like the Pack may have struck gold again with Rogers. They will be a dangerous team in the NFC North as long as he can stay healthy...which I don't think he can.

1st team defense is looking good after the overhaul in the offseason. But, it's only preseason so how they'll do when the games count is yet to be seen.

as long as he can stay healthy...which I don't think he can.

What makes you think he won't stay healthy. O-line looks pretty good again. Maybe it's just wishfull thinking on your part.

But, it's only preseason so how they'll do when the games count is yet to be seen.

Yep, when Favre throws that 1st INT, remember it is only preseason.

BTW, "bumped" into Jared Allen yesterday at a local sporting goods store. Man that guy is a monster.

by Tom Fanning, Packers.com

posted 08/28/2009

GLENDALE, Ariz. - It was going to be difficult for the Packers' first offensive unit to top their production from the first two preseason games, but they found a way to do just that on Friday night at Arizona.

The No. 1 offense scored 31 points on their six first-half possessions and the Packers held on for a 44-37 victory over the Arizona Cardinals in front of 61,753 at University of Phoenix Stadium to improve to 3-0 on the preseason.

Leading the charge for the offense once again was quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who continued his impressive preseason play by completing 14-of-19 passes for 258 yards, three touchdowns and a 155.2 quarterback rating in a half of play as the Packers rushed out to a 38-10 lead at the break.

"I thought we were great tonight," Rodgers said. "Three games, no punts for the first team, 31 points tonight. Again, I'll say that the line was great. I rarely got touched. In the run game, I thought we opened some holes up and then it's just pitch and catch out there and guys made plays."

With four touchdowns and a field goal on their six series Friday night, the No. 1 offense has now scored nine touchdowns and a field goal for a jaw-dropping 66 points on 12 preseason possessions. The only series the Packers did not score on in the first half came when Mason Crosby missed a 29-yard field goal in the second quarter.

The first offense has not had to punt in the preseason and the No. 1 offensive line has yet to yield a sack of Rodgers, who has connected on 27-of-38 attempts for 458 yards, six touchdowns, no interceptions and a 151.1 quarterback rating in the three preseason games.

Smith's takeaway was one of three in the first half as the first defensive unit continued their impressive run of takeaways in the preseason. Green Bay now has forced 13 turnovers in three games after posting four more on Friday night.

That's a SIC looking offensive right now and I don't expect any less fire power in the regular season if Rogers stays healthy. I'm bumping them up to 10 wins in the division.