• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Camera

Brade4

The picture is from my buddies camera which the time is off the date is right but the time is actually am

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DoubleLunger

• Code-Man

• Brade4

• certified jumbo

I dont belive that we can feed out of season? We can but needs to be with in 50 yards of occupied residence.

If your talking about feeding deer, you can feed them anytime of the year, but you just cannot hunt within so many yds of the bait site. There is no connection between an occupied residence and a bait site.

Double yes I do trail cam have just nothing to show yet trying to figure out a new property with them.

This is a tough pic to judge, but what do you think? I think this is a fairly young deer, though it does have a bit of a pot belly. I think it will be a really nice deer in another year. Would you shoot it if you had the chance?

MDGC0004.jpg

This is a tough pic to judge, but what do you think? I think this is a fairly young deer, though it does have a bit of a pot belly. I think it will be a really nice deer in another year. Would you shoot it if you had the chance?

Nice deer, its pretty hard to age this time of the year and its not the clearest pic but I would say theres a good chance hes only 2. As far as shooting him I guess its completely up to you but remember they dont get any bigger when there dead and if he is only 2 hes got a lot more growing to do.

No, he will look much smaller out of velvet. Great potential though. Would like to see him in another year or two. Those are the kind I cross my fingers on and hope till next year.

I would pass up this deer but that is just me, He'll look smaller when he rubs all the velvet off. Looks like he has good antler growth and would be a nice one next year or two.

I just got my card switched on my camera today. I have a Moultrie D40. I put it out on Sunday and it was out for 8 days. My first deer walks through one hour and 5 minutes later. Not bad. Only two pictures of bucks 2x2 or a possible 2x3 and a possible 4x4 or a 3x4. Nothing worthy of being shot but I have a doe with twin's with her in most and it's cool to see them laugh Take a look I just got the camera a few days ago. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2754236&id=13950794&l=41a5c556cf

Kyle, He has potential, but needs 2 more years. Good symetry, but not long or wide enough to poke. LET HIM WALK

Hey code-man,

I just bought the same camera as you, what quality setting is your camera on in your pictures?

NIce link Code. If you click through them fast enough it looks like a video.

i found myself clicking through them super fast for like ten minutes. isnt it funny how little it can take to intertain? laugh

I had it set at medium. I did bump it up to High for the next two weeks. When I put it out on Sunday it said I had 99% battery life. It took 135 pictures in 8 days with only about 12 being of empty stuff. Battery life was still at 80%. I figured I would bump quality up because i didn't want to have it take a bunch of pictures of nothing and fill up my card. I do need to read the directions which my buddy has and see how to get video and pictures. Still learning as I go but we'll see what happens.

Hey thanks for the link. I want to get a 4 gb flash drive and put it on high and video and see if I can take pictures and video at the same time. Hopefully I can read the directions and figure this thing out. Too bad my camera is hour plus from my house.

Looks like you have one for the wall there. Is that set up on the land that I hunt down there grin Have you been over SE of your place at all lately? If so, anything worth getting excited for that you have seen? We found some decent sheds and know that we have a big drop tine still running.

I wish I could tell you it was on your land, but too bad, its not. Haven't seen a whole lot of actioin out of the deer until now. I will say this though, there are lots of deer down here. The nice part is, when the rut starts, you don't know what else will pop up. Do you guys think that 4 out of the 6 deer are the same? I know the top two are the same. But I'm wondering if the deer in the lower left is the same as the top two. Also wondering if this is the big ten that I chased last year, or if it is the big 8 pointer with another year under his belt.

Looks to me like 3 different bucks. Jr., a nice younger 10, and then 4 pics of that big one. Nice looking deer. Good luck with him!

Wow trigger nice deer. Is that from the land near my permission?? Im going to check a camera here really soon.