• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Kandiyohi Fishing Reports

I spent the night on sat i had 10 inches of good ice under me there were many trucks on the ice some places had 14 inches of ice , i had alot of water around my house . I have tracks on my atv so i could fish by my self had no prob getting around with my house i love my tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• King Canada

• tonykummrow

• jasonpower

• bigbad401

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks ago you could drive down and on the lake and travel pretty much every where. Fishing was poor though.

Anyone been out there recently? This May was awesome fishing for walleye so there has got to be some nice ones in there yet. I managed to pull up a 10 pounder and put it up on my wall. Is the access plowed to get my fish house out?

Conditions are fairly good. There are a few good solid roads, and the rest is just trails. 4 wheel drive is a must and make sure you have a shovel with when you go out there, there are a lot of unseen drifts that can get fairly deep very quickly. The fishing has not been the greatest in the last week or so, have moved the house a few times and still had bad luck. I was out last night for a while and only caught one 9 inch walleye. and spent Thursday night till noon on Friday with only a few small ones and one 14" walleye. Good luck. I will reply again if conditions change

Would like to thank the person who plowed the road off the park 2 access. as it was badly needed. The access itself is very rough and needs some attention. if anyone could maybe try to fix it a little that would be great. Thank you and happy fishing.

We've been out the last few weekends on big kandi... not far off the access in about 14 fow... been pretty consistant with about 6-8 eyes a night ranging from 8 in to 16 in with a small northern mixed in every now and then and we caught one jumbo perch. As of last weekend, the snow was hard and quite a bit on the lake... not very good paths but it was fun!

I will be heading out to The lake tonight and would like to know what the ice/water situation is. How much water is on the lake? and it it fairly dooable with a truck? have to move the house today and dont want to head out there blind, if you know what i mean. Thanks and happy fishing

Tony, if you get out please post the conditions for snowmobiles and 4 wheelers. We're headed to the island this weekend and are wondering what to travel with.

Well spent the day on the lake. conditions believe it or not were great. about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of slush, snow is not deep anymore. and was easy driving. I did it in 2wd on the way back to the access tonight. but the landing is still a mess. I would say that the conditions of the ice will probably stay the same as they were today due to the lack of snow that was left. If you are taking a vehicle out there i would suggest making your own path, as the ruts are fairly deep and hard to follow on the main trails. and with the little bit of snow it is actually alot easier then trying to use the preexisting paths

Happy fishing

conditions on Kandi still decent. not much slush and even less snow. 2wd is doable once off the access. fishing is getting a little tricky as they are not biting like they did early in the season and we are catching very few if any in the last 2 weeks. been moving the house vigorously and just cant seem to find the fish anymore. but this long snap of high pressure and warm weather are probably playing a factor. heading out again tomorrow and Friday if things work out. Happy fishing

conditions are worsening as now their is about 3 inches of water on the lake. got to my house tonight and their was 4 inch trenches leading to all the open holes with water pouring in. moved the house and caught nothing once again. access is getting pretty bad as my truck bottomed out on the way in

Conditions are great. spent the night last night and heading back out again in about an hour. ice is smooth glass in most areas with little snow here and there. could travel out with a car if you could get off the access. fishing still sucks but we take what we can get cus we are not moving to another lake this time of the year.

thanks for the update. its guys like you that help others out. i was on solomon yesterday and conditions are the same. you can drive pretty easy. just get out of the ruts and its ok. just remember when driving at night there is a aerator out there. fishing was not very good either but what a nice day to get out and fish.

tony where can you get on on kandi? any spot out by the island you have to look out for?

we go on the lake from the park 2 access. its fairly decent. I have not been off the park one access this year so i could not tell you the conditions of that one.look out around the rock point on the island. It is on the east side ,ice can be a little sketchy around that spot. And also look out for the ice on the north side of island usually it is ok but snow piles up over there quite heavily. especially after a windy snow day like today. Have only had luck catching fish in about 14 FOW, they are few and far between but they have almost all been decent sized eyes. just got home from their about an hour ago. and might not be able to get out again till next weekend.

Was out last night. came home this morning with one 12 inch perch and one walleye. the bite has been dead for the last month out there, we have tried different depths, location, bait, you name it we have probably tried it out there lately. And have not had any luck what so ever. They seem to move around alot about 9 pm and between 6 and 10 am. no matter where you are but they just wont bite

Have you tried a foraged minnow tipped with a crappie minnow jigging it off the bottom. It has worked wonders for us this year for the walleyes. If you haven't give it a whorl!

we are taking our house off the lake today. but that is something that we could try wont have to worry about it now for a while as the season closes tonight.