• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

bogwalker

Today a 4-wheeler went through the ice by the N.E. access. There is a 4' ice ridge about 10 yards out that runs at a right angle to the access. You have to go around the ice ridge to get in or out from the access. That is where he went through (I think this is where a truck went through last week). The South access looks good for snowmobiles and 4-wheelers. I did not visit the Inger access but heard it is good. Good luck!

PITLEAK

thanks for the update

bogwalker

Both N.E. and South accesses have open water. Lots of dark ice visible from the South end.

pike2eye

i'm live on a little private lake it should be open about by the middle of next week

tyrone01

Any news on the ice melt?

bogwalker

I checked several lakes today including Bowstring. All have open water along the shores, ice is dark and with rain forecast for this weekend it should be gone in a week or so.

dodger31

We will be up for a week staying at Jessie View with Tim and Rita starting Sunday June 14th. Wondering if anyone has been on Bowstring, Jessie or Sand recently.

Fishing depths and baits of choice would be very helpful. Can't wait to get up there. Thanks for any help.

Dodger

Jason Boser

all the above have been decent sand and bowstring have been a little deeper 1016 ft and jessie has been around 12 still using jig and minnow mostly around the shoreline structure

Jason

grousecapital

Not sure about Bowstring, but we were hand over fisting the bluegills on Maple Saturday and Sunday. Decent size, quite a bit of weeding, but lots of fun, my nephew (4) caught the most, and I am sure everyone on the lake heard him, just screaming and laughing.

Otis

Forgot, we were using pink hooks and slip bobbers, with a little bit of crawler and leeches

glenn57

hey stay away from my maple lake! laughlaughlaugh J/K. you are talkin the one by turtle, right? i like that lake!!!! you do need to sort.

grousecapital

Just got back from fishing. Big walleyes, not many though. Glenn 57, my apologies, I was giving Dodger a hard time. We will be fishing together (I hope now) next week, and we live in the same area. The lake I was speaking of, is in northern WI, about 4 miles from Dodger. We did fish it on those days, and caught a lot of gills, and my nephew had a fantastic time, and he was loud, but the lake is not your secret spot. Hope I didn't mess it up for you, just having some fun with Dodger. Good Luck and good weather.

glenn57

hey i wasjust kiddin too, no biggy. fish on! grinsmile

bmc

A buddy and I hit Bowstring today and did good. The fish seemed to be in a neutral mood, but we ended up with 10 nice 'eyes. 18-19' of water was the best. Jig/shiner, 6' lindy/leech, and 6' spinner/leech all caught fish. The fish flys were hatching so things might slow down out there for a bit. We fished from 8am till 3pm.

Brian

snowfighter

Anyone landed on the north end of Bowstring county road 35 lately wonder what the water level is like.

Tim O

Tom, one of our campers told me the NE acess is gonna be closed for three days for repairs starting mon.

I'm sure it low , but still useble like our acess is. Had a big in board get in and out today with some pushing.

snowfighter

Tim I was there today and the landing is all done new concrete mats and some fill along the sides. The water depth is ok was able to motor to and from dock.

Tim O

I heard it was open again and much better than before,might have to check it out myself one of these days.

bradlewe

anyone been out on bowstring lately? just wondering if any fish are beeing caught or if it's still slow.

Jason Boser

nobody in our bunch have been out there lately and I have heard no reports either

Jason

Sy

Can anyone tell me if there is much snow on the lake to make getting around in a truck a hassle? I am coming up this weekend and wondered if I would be able to get around easily in my truck or if I should find an alternative.

Also, how is the NE access - does it have a big heave this year? How has the fishing been lately? Thanks for your help!

muskielaw

I was out on Bowstring this weekend and you can get around pretty much everywhere with 4 wheel drive. Be aware that there are some deep drifts which you can get stuck in as I found this out the hard way. Bring a shovel, tow strap, chains and anything else to help you out if you do get stuck.

Muskielaw

Sy

Thanks for the reply. I have learned the hard way a few times as well and I was hoping to avoid that again! It is not much fun spending the time digging out the truck.

Harty1384

Just wondering what the water temps look like around the bowstring area?

Thanks

tyrone01

Anybody been out on Bowstring? How long has the ice been off?

snowfighter

Haven't been on it but the ice went out on the 3 or 4th of April, going over next week and check the water level for boat landing.We did get a little over a inch of rain the end of last week and theres another rain front coming in right now.

Jason Boser

we were up there yesterday water is low. snug harbor was trying to dig out there harbor to get boats in and out. could be rough landing your boat there this year

Jason

tyrone01

Thanks for the replies! we are heading up the weekend after opener. usually go out of the access by Northern Acres. Thanks again and good luck!

bogwalker

Last year at this time we were wondering if the ice on Bowstring would melt before opener.

Deet

Two years ago there still was ice on Winnie on opener. This year it looks like we're heading back in that direction by next weekend - 1" of snow so far today!

bogwalker

Some confused looking birds looking for worms today. Several inches of snow here.