• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Go Go Go Gomez

alwaysonthemove

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• zamboni

• fishyguy

• Gary Crichton

I liked Perkins comments in this am's PP. It was like "oh boy", this guy is going to be gunned down.

ULT hopefully 1 of many times you will hear that during the summer. I assume the runners will learn very quickly, DO NOT RUN ON CUDDY.

Right SledNeck smirksmirksmile

G.C.

But he probably will lose his job somehow. Slip and fall, stub his toe...just ask Sled. He will come up with a reason. laugh

SledNeck you did not slam his arm strength in any way, however it is I believe against the rules to throw runners out from THE DUGOUT. laughwinklaughgrin

G.C.

SledNeck you did not slam his arm strength in any way, however it is I believe against the rules to throw runners out from THE DUGOUT. laughwinklaughgrin

G.C.

good one!

G.C.

or from rehab stints in Rochester

Oouch, nice shot, but I don't see him down there this year.

I see a healthy and sturdy Cuddy this year.

G.C.

Now that is the Sled we have come to know. Hey it's only a spring training game, but he did get a triple today and didn't hurt himself. laughsmile

Ya that is what I said right after. All I can say is PETER POSITIVE........

G.C.

Interesting article in today's Trib about a book that breaks down someones true defensive abilities. It gets away from just using fielding percentage and looks at runs saved vs runs given up based on balls that would have been or not been caught by the average fielder, missed cut-offs, etc....

Gomez was a +17 2nd among outfielders behind only Beltran

Span +15

Cuddy Even

Delmon -11

Cuddy was described as average outfielder with a superior arm.

I would agree that Cuddy is an average outfielder with a superior arm. He's not the fastest guy in the world, so he's not going to get to every ball hit to right field. But if people don't respect his arm and they try to get more than they should on the bases, he will send them to the dugout with their tales between their legs.

KMR85 could not have said it better. It is that simple, do not run on Cuddy.

G.C.

I am not suprised on Delmon's number.

It was interesting in the fact that Cuddy would be a -13 based on his range but he is a +13 with his arm. Just makes me more of a believer that he is the better all around player at this point.

Another guy with a rocket arm is Delmon Young. Last year in one of the first meetings with the White Sux he chased down a ball at the warning track, then turned and fired to first base without a cutoff man and doubled up a guy. I was impressed with that. If he gets better at judging fly balls, the Twins will have one heck of an outfield. If Span struggles at the plate, I think he will be riding the pine more than any other outfielder we have. We just have to wait and see what happens. I am very excited for this season.

Too bad he can't get to enough balls to use that arm. He is a very below average left fielder, at least last year. Let's hope he can do better this year. Those little short choppy steps don't get it done.

I agree with ya KMR, hopefully Delmon gets his @$%# together and learns to judge and catch a ball. I really like him. He's got great potential, but it hurts watching him try to field a ball. Hopefully he can turn it around!

Too bad he can't get to enough balls to use that arm. He is a very below average left fielder, at least last year. Let's hope he can do better this year. Those little short choppy steps don't get it done.

get to enough? Cuddy plays everything on the bounce.....even off his head.

At least Cuddy is smart enough to not dive and let the ball get behind him and hey forehead or shin, at least he's in front of it.

I just wish someone would teach Delmon how to run. Those short choppy steps drive me nuts, especially when he is running the bases.

He kind of reminds me of Puckett. He has the potential to be the next Kirby Puckett. His name just isn't as cool smile

I just wish someone would teach Delmon how to run. Those short choppy steps drive me nuts, especially when he is running the bases.

he makes up for it by knowing how to slide correctly without doing summersaults and getting on the DL and how to correctly knock the ball out of a catchers glove............

Another guy with a rocket arm is Delmon Young. Last year in one of the first meetings with the White Sux he chased down a ball at the warning track, then turned and fired to first base without a cutoff man and doubled up a guy. I was impressed with that. If he gets better at judging fly balls, the Twins will have one heck of an outfield. If Span struggles at the plate, I think he will be riding the pine more than any other outfielder we have. We just have to wait and see what happens. I am very excited for this season.

He had a ton of balls "get past" him.

He kind of reminds me of Puckett. He has the potential to be the next Kirby Puckett. His name just isn't as cool smile

would this quote work for common's prepostorous statements?

Comparing Young to Puckett just made my stomach turn. Pucketts in the HOF, only way Young will ever get in there is to buy a ticket.