• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RV Door on fish house.

Biggerdog

Just built a new fish house and put in an rv door no glass.

they have them at milaca unclimed frieght, new many sizes

Don't get a RV door with a screen for a fish house!

You will rip the screen door off because it only gets in the way. Fish House Supply has the insulated doors without screens or windows and have the round door knobs that won't freeze up like the flat door latches that are on the RV style doors at Milaca Unclaimed.

What bassislife said about the RV screen door is true. We took ours off on our old house.

We have a tennis ball over the round knob on our new house. Otherwise it freezes up. Didn't seem any worse to us with the RV door on the old house. Always carry a torch in the car in case of frozen locks on the door or padlock on the back door.

Owned Fish Houses for 40 years. Five years with the RV door.

Freezing has more to do with sloppy weather than anything else. Also condensation between the hot inside of the house and the 30 below outside can cause problems.

Did not notice much difference between the round and flat, but the freezing could vary with the type of RV door. Only had experience with the one we used. It was insulated. No frost on the door but frost on the door window at times.

Hints, lube the lock when dry. Use a lube that doesn't gum up at low temperature. Have a torch handy. Heat up your key. Door and any padlocks.

I also had an R.V. door on my fish house. We had only one issue with freezing. But it was like 25 below outside and 85 above inside, so the freezing condensation was a problem. As far as the door knob, I used the graphite lock lube. It seems to work the best on anything when its really cold. The other thing to keep in mind is how secure R.V. doors are? Unless something has really changed ours seemed pretty flimsy.

For what it's worth. Somebody tried to break into our house with the RV door. They broke the glass window but it was to high and too small to get inside. They tried to pry the door open but the dead bolt held. Door was OK with a little reworking and replaced the glass with strong plastic.

I am looking for a double door to put the wheeler in the house thought. My wheeler with the tracks on is 54" wide. All the doors I have found are only 50". Any place to get a wider door????

Years ago i used to be in the wheel fish house business,

and would get custom made doors at Branierd sports center,

(a small door with in a large top hinged door that you could lift and drive your snow toys in to)

i do not know if they still make them,must be 10 years now

but i am pretty sure you can get double wide doors

at milaca frieght.