• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FWIW, all I had in the title of the thread "Crappy c r a p c r a p" and I got the usage for the ones witout the "py" at the end.

I suppose you can't bleep out "crappy" figuring too many people might spell Crappie wrong?? laugh

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• JBMasterAngler

• LwnmwnMan2

• NCLaker

The trip lasted 24 mintues because the 7 year old was whining about wanting to go swimming, the wife is PMSing and the 4 year old just wasn't in the fishing mood.

I'm sure many here know what I'm talking about.

Ah, the joys of taking the family fishing! laugh

LM2. i hit chisago two weeks ago. fished for 20 minutes. some sunnies nibbled on my worm. then the fiance started hollerin about the wind. then one rain cloud rolled over for 5 mninutes of sprinkling. all in all it was an hour drive up 20 minutes of fishing and an hour drive home. it happens to us all i think.

lawn................I here ya,that is why I married a girl that doesn't fish,,,,and we dont have kids............it's all about -ME- time in the boat

Or you could have my situation, I can't get out fishing without including my wife or son -both great fisherman and both provide great company.

I'd MUCH rather take the family, it's the reason I traded the 16' boat in for the 18.5'.

It was just one of those nights.

• 3 months later...

It's finally here! I can't make it out this weekend but will be out next weekend. Just wondering if anyone made it out, how you did and how much ice you found?

Not shur how much ice but on my way back from wisc. on friday afternoon there were 3 trucks in 2 different areas out on the lake. I dont remember the name of the point but its just over from pancake island. Crazy if you ask me!! No fish is worth dropping your truck thru the ice.

Now that is crazy. I'm putting the permanent out monday morning using the 4-wheeler and was a little nervous about that. I'm planning on fishing monday evening. If so, I'll post how I did. If you happen by me on the west side of Sunset Point stop by and say hi.

I was on the other side of p island on Saturday. Measured 5 inches of good clear ice, plus the dusting of snow we had. Also saw a small compact car driving on the ice! Crazyy!

I was on N.Center last night. Saw full size F-150's and even a full size Taho. Not this dude.. But would say that most of the ice on the north end was 8-11"

It's going to be a matter of time when we'll read about the 1st fool that goes through the ice in a vehicle. CRAZY!!

Good to see the action was decent. Have you tried Green yet Dietz?

ole

I havenot but talked to someone who fished it last night. 8-10" there, but always spots of less probably. They were down in the narrows as well.. main lake probably has less ice.

Just wondering if anyone has beeen on the channel since this storm came in? How is the fishing. Wonder how bad the is for the ice with this wet snow. Thinking about trying to get out tonight. Any advice would be helpful.

Merry Christmas!

Went out on Chisago after I finished plowing the driveway. There is a lot of slush from the snow. Water would come up when you drilled a hole. Don't think this is going to help the truck driving on the ice.

Thanks for the info. I do not think driving out anywhere with a truck is a good idea after this wet snow.

May walk out tonight and give it a try. Will post with updates as soon as i get off the ice unless i can figure out how to do it with my ipod.

Got the permanent out Monday. The house is sitting on 9" of ice but 100 feet away I found only 6". Won't be driving out for awhile, especially with this snow.

Fishing was very slow. a lot of lookers but only a few takers. Ended up catching a dozen crappies and a couple of walleyes. Nothing big.

• 2 weeks later...

Had good luck on the Channel at 6:30 am last Saturday when it was -20. Found a nice crappie hole near the permanent shacks.

I want to go out on South Center Saturday AM but not sure about driving out or where to go. Anyone have any luck driving out yet or interested in heading out Saturday AM. Reply to the post.

Dave, You won't have a problem driving out. I've had a perm. out for a couple of weeks and as of Sunday I was the only one still using the 4-wheeler to get out. Saw plenty of full size trucks out there and will be driving my tahoe out from now on.

Good Luck!

Where do you guys enter the lake? Someone told me to use the old pizza shop after the bridge, but do not want to tresspass. Also could someone tell me where sunset point is on South Center? How far south from the bridge do you set up and at what depth? This will be my first time ice fishing. Thank you.

Sunset point is the point that splits the lake on south part of the lake. This is also a good place to enter the lake.

Swordfish, is this really going to be your first time ice fishing? When do you plan on going?

Yes first time ice fishing. I plan to get out Saturday on South Center. Little afraid to drive on the ice so I will be fishing closer to shore probably by the channel. How close to the bridge do you guys fish? Anyone tried the deeper waters for crappies?

Good luck fishing. I hope you do well and find that you enjoy it. I've never fished by the bridge. I've had a permanent house to the west of sunset point for the past 20 years. If you are going to be walking I would suggest driving out sunset point and parking on shore. This gives you the option of fishing shallower to the east or deeper water to the west, all within walking distance. I personally prefer the deeper water. If I were fishing during the day I would set up in 20 feet of water or more.