• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunrevir

• FLnick87

• Fuzzbient

• rellis

Went out yesterday with a few friends throwing spinners and ended up catching 17 bass and northern, mainly northern. Also had two muskies follow, one mid 30's and one low to mid 40's. Can't wait until next weekend! Where are the majority of the muskies the first few weeks of the season? The ones i saw came out of 6-8ft. I have had my best luck in the heat of summer in less than 6 ft, do the shallow areas still hold fish this early in the year? Any advice will be great. best of luck

Yep, the fish are holding in shallow water. There are alot of fish that stay in the shallows all summer long.

Tunrevir~

alright good to know! how many of you will be out chasing them bright and early saturday morning???

I'll be up the Gunflint chasing walleye, trout, lake trout and perch.

Tunrevir~

for those interested in shooting or spearing carp, they just started moving into the bay on first lake! should get pretty good over the next few days...

Go0od luck out there Matty! Those spots I told you about are good right now and are holding fish. Fast retrieves have pulled fish to the boat.

Tunrevir~

I dont think i will be making it out that early but hope to be on the water by 6am. gotta work for a few hours during at 10am then i will be out tryin to spear some carp in the afternoon, then back for the ski's in the evening. Will be in A 20ft tan fisher. I'm the little guy in the back that looks 12!

I've been out chasing pannies the last few days on Forest and I bet more than half of the boats out have been throwing muskie baits and figure eighting.

i fished the green horn tournament last night and a few of the guys said the same thing. why cant people just wait a couple more days?

I dont think i will be making it out that early but hope to be on the water by 6am. gotta work for a few hours during at 10am then i will be out tryin to spear some carp in the afternoon, then back for the ski's in the evening. Will be in A 20ft tan fisher. I'm the little guy in the back that looks 12!

If you are ever looking for someone to go fishing with, let me know. I live on 3rd.

blk94fiveoh at yahoo dot com.

We'll be out throwing some stuff around at 5:30 Tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone! Those critters have been tearing up a few spots and making a lot of noise as they eat.

blk94...i usually fish mornings during the week before work. I will for sure let you know!

What are your guys favorite early season baits/colors on flake? I will probably stick with bucks/spinners, some small, some big. orange/black, red/copper, and maybe chartruse. I only got a few hours to fish in the morning before work so hopefully we can get her done quickly.

i ll be throwin pacemaker or jake first thing tomorrow am. then possible change to 1 oz rattlebait later on for speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well how did u all do? we rasied two on first, other than that pretty slow! could not believe all the boats out there! someone had to catch something!!!

no fish boated for us today had one 45 + follow up on third and two smaller fish,maybe mid to upper 30's one on second and one on first not bad for 5 hours on the water! im usually chasing walleyes but this muskie stuff gets your adrenaline pumping!!!!

nothing but hammerhandles. didnt stay out long as i expected. cold, wind and sleeping deprived drove us home. too many dam boat out there. should get better soon

We had two boats out with 6 guys. Three follows but no muskies boated. One big girl turned and ran when she got a look at me. We did catch plenty of hammer handles and a few mid sized pike. Action sure seemed scattered.

went out again this morning. One nice follow right behind the bait. followed for about 4 figure 8's then vanished. had another hit the bait but didn't get hooked, then it came followin up to hit again but got spooked my the boat. did manage about an 8 lb northern though! good advice with tryin the slower baits...i will give it a try!

Wilth this warmer weather hopefully muskie ll be turned on by time I get on water this wknd.. I dunno what your throwin but I could also recommend copper/gold color blade as well. I alway had good luck with them on overcast/rain day with more follows than with other color blades.

yea i have been using gold/copper lately...went out again today. one follow on 2nd. I think we need a bright sunny day to warm things up

Was out opener morning, had a follow and boated a 40. Other than that it seemed pretty slow. Talked to a couple people out there and they said the same.

There were quite a few people out plugging the usual spots tonight from what I could see. Didn't see any fish boated.

Tunrevir~

out again today...2 follows, one lazy and one chasin hot. thought for sure it was gonna break my streak. still skunked on the year! headin to kabetogama for a week tomorrow! good luck to all!

Anyone know how the muskie tourney out on Forest went today? I saw five boats at the Holiday 430 this morning going to Forest to fish ski's.

Tunrevir~