• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Joe Mauer a lot of little problems

Dahitman44

Jeez the man has a kidney surgury to remove some blockage and the sarcastic a-holes jump all over him for not doing it at the end of last season like he should have known about it.

thats like saying if you showed up late to work one day becasue of a blown tire and your boss looks at you and says "you should have known that last night when you got home from work. YOU'RE FIRED"

Cut the guy some slack, 90% of people that had a internal organ surgury like that would be sore for some time. Just because they are athletes doesnt mean they can go under the knife one day and catch 9 innings the next.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• jwmiller33

• Coach1310

• harvey lee

How many championships has Derek Jeter won? How many playoff games has Joe Mauer won? You people who worship the local angle all the time are an embarrassment. He is overrated plain and simple. The next Johhny Bench.... Yeah right......

I'm pretty sure the Yankees won those championships as a team in a team sport.

I hate the arguement about "how many rings does this guy have"

They use it all the time in Football.

Overrated, I like that one. How many catchers have won the batting title lately? He is easily one of the best 3 catchers in baseball. Period.

How many championships has Derek Jeter won? How many playoff games has Joe Mauer won? You people who worship the local angle all the time are an embarrassment. He is overrated plain and simple. The next Johhny Bench.... Yeah right......

I didn't know Jeter won those titles all by himself! I thought the Yankees did! lol You people who worship Jeter,Manny,A-Rod are an embarrasment,the only reason people do worship them is because of the money they make! If the Yankees would have to spend as much as the Twins do they wouldn't be half as good as they are! It's all about money with that team and its players! Go ahead and cheer for your money bag Yankee players! I'll stick to the Minnesota Twins. Oh ya Joe is no where near overrated! Have you seen him on the big sports channels lately? I haven't. I have seen Manny all over the news. Talk about overrated! Maybe you guys who think Mauer is overrated are the ones he beat out in Junior High for the catchers position! lol

He is the best batter in baseball. Period. I think that is what a batting title is.

You guys had the greatest catcher in baseball, and you let him get away and he now wears the Silver and Black on the Southside of Chicago. Best catcher in MLB AJ, by a mile! LOL

Let the replies fly!

Windy I think you are on to something, I bet a lot of people would like AJ instead of Mauer.

I do like AJ too, the guy is a clutch hitter. Nothing like having a big mouth behind the plate. Plus his platinum hair is awesome.

Atta boy Windy. Throw some fuel on that fire. grin

Career stats for AJ and Joe:

AJ - .284 avg, .754 OPS, .428 slg, 10 HR/yr avg., 54rbi/avg, 51 runs/yr avg., 25% runners thrown out

Joe - .317 avg, .856 OPS, .457 slg, 8 HR/avg, 60 rbi/avg, 65 runs/yr avg, 41% runners thrown out

Why would we want AJ again?

Who was that last local boy in the majors that was labeled a injury prone, slap hitter early in his career? His name was Molitor wasn't it. I am not saying Mauer will get 3000 hits and be in the HOF but I think Molitor did alright and the Brewers were pretty happy with him as his career progressed.

Enough already.

The guys who think Mauer is over rated are the same guys who think Gardy can't manage because he gets tossed out of to many games.

Nothing like debating major league baseball with fantasy guys. smirk

I agree he is a good clutch hitter, but he has some serious attitude problems.

AJ is a great hitter, catcher and injury wise very reliable. He is also the most hated man in the Majors. Ask anyone, I have heard about 100 guys say they would love to punch his lights out.

Ok -- I posted this on Joe and now he is having more problems -- my fault, my bad.

Fishy,

Look me up one more stat if you can and I swear I do not know the answer. What is the ERA of all pitchers while Mauer has caught vs AJ?

Fishy,

Look me up one more stat if you can and I swear I do not know the answer. What is the ERA of all pitchers while Mauer has caught vs AJ?

LOL!

Aw c'mon Windy, I ain't seen one catcher strike a batter out yet.....the pitcher throws it-and if it's a watermelon it ain't the catchers fault. That stat would be more meaningless than the 100 yr drought of my Cubbies.

Fishy,

Why not? Its either this or work.

Without going into too much detail but taking the team ERA's while each was a full time catcher for his team, the staff's Mauer has caught have averaged out to be a ERA of 3.99, while AJ has caught staff's that averaged 4.25. Joe has caught staff's with ERA's of under 4.00 50% of the time, AJ has doen that 11% of his time. Joe has caught 1 Cy Young winner. AJ has caught 0.

Is that geeky enough for you? grin

Nice job Fish! I knew you could do that. I was wondering because AJ always has the reputation of really handling a pitching staff and I wondered how he stacked up against Mauer. I was just "trolling" as Pier said with this post but it did seem to get some attention (and some agreement) from some Twinkie fans so you know what they say, where there is smoke there is fire! We could package up AJ and Jose Contreras and ship them up to you guys if you want us to take Mauer off your hands. We might even throw in Bartolo Colon so you could add a top notch catcher that is familiar with the Twinks and two starting pitchers. Sound like a good deal, Fish?

Ah Windy, you crack me up. AJ couldn't throw me out on the way to the barn hauling 2 five gallon buckets of water while balancing a hay bale on my head! What are those little fish called again? wink

Methinks the only good deal Windy (he thinks he is Kenny Williams!) ever offers a Twins fan is that he will stay off this board while on his fishing trip to Cass Lake.

give him as much time as it takes to get him healthy. he's the ultimate catcher in the game today. if you doubt it, just pay attention to how the red sox and yankees are already salivating about the possibility of him becoming a free agent in the future.

I think some announcers, etc. do go a little overboard about him on occasion but make no mistake in underestimating his value to the team. That being said, there's no doubt that morneau is the straw that stirs this drink but mauer is definitely their #2 guy.

Hopefully, Mauer doesn't have any Matt Birk and Cretin-Durham genes in him and at the end of his contract he wants to go out to see a new challenge with another team. The Twins will need him to give the "hometown discount" on his next contract.

Come on guys, I am talking about guys with World Series rings, and actual World Series experience here. I can throw in a dozen Lou Malnatti Pizzas and some Portillo's Beef sandwiches but that is as high as I am allowed to go on this deal!

Windy, I was thinking about your offer. Here is what I came up with, help me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you can offer ANY 5 of the Whiteys starters for '09 (position players only)and I would turn down a deal for Mauer.

Now, you can read that one of two way..........1) I place a high value on Mauer 2) I think you guy's got nothing worth having down on the South side. laugh

Oh, and in the event you guy's think you will get in the Joe Mauer sweepstakes for free agency. Forget it, I would tie him up and ship him to the North Pole before I'd let him sign with the "Hated Whiteys". whistle

Hopefully, Mauer doesn't have any Matt Birk and Cretin-Durham genes in him and at the end of his contract he wants to go out to see a new challenge with another team. The Twins will need him to give the "hometown discount" on his next contract.

I think what Matt said about wanting a challenge had more to do with us Cretin guys not liking Chilly

Come on guys, I am talking about guys with World Series rings, and actual World Series experience here. I can throw in a dozen Lou Malnatti Pizzas and some Portillo's Beef sandwiches but that is as high as I am allowed to go on this deal!

Throw in a few pounds of Malnatti's chicken parmesan and you got a deal. Lou's may be my favorite joint in all of Chicago.