• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

You'd think Taylor would be all for leaving if he can be the #1 RB on a team. It's gotta get old being the Bridesmaid and never the Bride. blush

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

you'd think MN is the most logical spot for cutler...he's gonna want to go somewhere where he can win thats forsure....and we are the biggest contenders that need a qb bad.

I think it's a pipe dream to get either one. I just don't see it happening. Would love to see Cutler here, but I don't see them going after either of them.

Sounds like we were going to possibly get Cutler before the Cassell deal fell through with Denver....DOAH!

I have been on sites for Detroit, Cleveland and Tampa Bay newspapers. They are ALL saying same thing we are. Pretty much same deals, too. We will see. I figure here or Tampa, Detroit and Cleveland are just too bad of teams.

Go read articles from Chicago....they(the fans/media) are clamoring for him as well....

From Chicago Tribune:

Chicago and Tennessee are the top two destinations on Cutler's wish list, according to the Denver Post. Cutler, who grew up a Bears fans, has some history with Bears left tackle Chris Williams, his former teammate at Vanderbilt.

Tennessee is happy with Collins, just re-signed him to a nice 2 year deal, and I am pretty sure they hope Vince Young pays attention on the sidelines and learns something. I don't know if you guys noticed, but after his knee injury last year, instead of watching the game, he sat on the bench screwing around with his buddies.

yeah pretty crazy that the cards have 2 of the top 5 wr's in the league right now.

fitz is probably the best wr in the game right now.

Here's an idea from someone who has had a few too many to drink tonight. How bout we give up Sage, Chester, Rice, another player, our 1st and third this year and our second next year for Cutler and Marshall.

Boldin is not even the best WR on his team

I agree that Fitz is better, but Boldin is still one of the top five WRs in the NFL. He is also the best in the NFL after the catch.

We couldn't get marshall and cutler in the same package, I imagine you'll wake up this morning with a headache and say, what was I thinking???? Lol!!

Marshall is more of headcase than T.O.

From ESPN on Brandon Marshall:

He has been arrested three times in the past 17 months. He has a September 24 trial date stemming from a DUI charge, which could affect his suspension further. But more importantly, he put his arm through a TV this winter, causing him to need forearm surgery and miss minicamp.

Marshall is more of headcase than T.O.

From ESPN on Brandon Marshall:

He has been arrested three times in the past 17 months. He has a September 24 trial date stemming from a DUI charge, which could affect his suspension further. But more importantly, he put his arm through a TV this winter, causing him to need forearm surgery and miss minicamp.

Sounds like a winner to me crazy.

John Clayton, from ESPN, said this morning that the Vikes are indeed one of five teams to express interest in Cutler in the past few days. He's expecting him to be traded soon...or at least before the draft. I still don't see how we could pull this off without being a part of a three way trade. We just don't have the goods to get this deal done.

Does anyone believe that Boldins numbers are better cause he plays in an offense with Larry Fitz that forces defenses to account for both?

Seems pretty steep, but maybe a Sage, Chester, a 1st and a late round 7th would do it? Lets just figure it out and get it done!

Quote:

ESPN's John Clayton believes the cost for Jay Cutler would be a first-round, second-round, and third-round pick.

Clayton is basing this on the price to acquire rocket-armed 26-year-old Jeff George back in 1993, the last time a quarterback of Cutler's caliber hit the market in his prime. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has stated that he's not interested in a draft-pick return, leaving him without a quarterback. He might not have a choice.

Source: ESPN.com

I would do whatever it takes to get Cutler. Give them Sage Rosenfels, T-Jack or Booty, which ever they want. Throw in a 1st and 3rd round pick. Cutler is young and going to be a perenial pro bowler.

I would not trade a first second and third for cutler. That's too much. The Bronco's hands are tied. They have to dump him now. 1 first rounder at most.

Does anyone believe that Boldins numbers are better cause he plays in an offense with Larry Fitz that forces defenses to account for both?

No!

boldin is a beast and gets it done if fitz is on or off the field...his only problem is he never plays a full season.

he put up 90 catches 1000 yards and 11 td's last season missing 4 games...he was putting up 80-100 catch seasons with no qb on a horrible team since he came into the league.

but i think we are wasting our breaths with the boldin thing....i don't think he's on our radar.

but the cutler thing is sure getting interesting.

Seems pretty steep, but maybe a Sage, Chester, a 1st and a late round 7th would do it? Lets just figure it out and get it done!

Quote:

ESPN's John Clayton believes the cost for Jay Cutler would be a first-round, second-round, and third-round pick.

Clayton is basing this on the price to acquire rocket-armed 26-year-old Jeff George back in 1993, the last time a quarterback of Cutler's caliber hit the market in his prime. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has stated that he's not interested in a draft-pick return, leaving him without a quarterback. He might not have a choice.

Source: ESPN.com

I don't think they would want Chester. He's a quality back for sure but they just signed Buckhalter and JJ Arrington. If they got Chester he would probably be the best of the three but now you have 2 guys who you just signed and one of them is no longer needed. That means you eat the guaranteed money you gave him.

For some reason Denver keeps saying they aren't interested in draft picks as compensation either. What else can we offer them besides Chester Taylor and draft picks? We can throw in one of our QB's but any of the 3 would just be a throw in, certainly not the foundation of an even trade.

Its going to have to be a three way deal in order to get Cutler wearing purple.

The only thing about coming to the viks and playing with this defense and the best RB in the game and the cap room is it isnt his choice where he goes it is who is going to give Denver the best deal. I am not sure that we have the best deal so some how we would need to have a 3 way trade

Nofishisherman is probably right, if we are only willing to trade draft picks. If they want players, we have nothing on offense to offer. It would probably have to be a defensive player and I can't think of a player that we would be willing to part with that they would want in exchange for a pro bowl quarterback.

Vikings have the most cap space. That might be interesting for cutler

It might interest Cutler but he's not trading himself. The Broncos ultimately decides where he goes and he'll be going to the team offering the most in return. The Broncos don't care what he'll get paid when he signs an extension.

One thing for certain, if they sign Cutler, it will mean sold out games! And isnt that what the owner wants? Get it done!