• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

I would love to see him here. He has a awesome year, and help the team over the course of the season. I hope they can work out a trade deal!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

I remember a very ticked off Bobby Hebert taking a year off and spending time sitting around the house after the Saints refused to talk new contract with him once. Cutler might just do the same when the season starts.

I really dont think he can afford to sit out a year. You have to look at all the good QB's that are coming out of college. Most of them arent that good, but there is some of them that most teams are going to put them in a roll like Matt RYan. I hope we can get Cutler to the MN State!

If they don't move him, I think he might just do that, He won't speak to the coaches and its very obvious he wants nothing to do with that organization. If Denver was smart, they would let him have his way and trade him now.

I just don't know. I believe the media is kinda to blame for most of it. I just can't see the Broncos trading him.

And I can't see the Vikings having enough to offer in terms of a trade.

Perhaps the Browns could swing something if they want by offering Anderson or Quinn but a good QB prospect has to be apart of the deal or atleast a draft pick high enough to be able to draft one.

The only way I see it happening is a three way deal.

I think its time to embrace Sage and hope they find a center capable of snapping him the ball.

i'm ready to roll with sage and sullivan...i have more faith in that then i would with t-awesome and birk.

i wish we'd be adding more weapons right now on offense though.

I think if Ziggy had intentions going into this offseason looking to get people fired up to buy some tickets this season, he has failed huge in my eyes. I normally get tickets to a few games a year, its not looking good for this next season. Oh well, I will save my money and fish!

I know they could still step up and do some unexpected things, but it looks as though they are happy with what they have. Its a shame, I seen them last year as being a couple pieces away from a championship. TJ, I think would have been one of those pieces.

I just don't know. I believe the media is kinda to blame for most of it. I just can't see the Broncos trading him.

At this point he has no intention on playing for them. Like I said in an earlier post, he might sit if not dealt. I will stand by that.

Originally Posted By: Born2Fish

At this point he has no intention on playing for them. Like I said in an earlier post, he might sit if not dealt. I will stand by that.

I dont think Denver will let him go, he is way to good to cut, or trade without getting a good starter in return.

As for Cutler, he would have everything to gain by holding out, if traded he would get a new contract with huge dollars and long term, if he doesnt get traded, and force Denver to sign a long term contract with mega dollars. Win/win for him!

I see him still in Denver in September

Unless Denver sends someone to his house, puts a 12 GA square in his back, and MAKES him report, I don't see it. It's not going to be Denvers decision come camp, if he don't want to go, he won't go. They will trade him. I will bet on it

lots of things can happen between now and then...look at all the players that say they will never resign with their team and they are done with their team...they will go anywhere but never with their old team....then in the end they are right back with their team.

I see Denver doing the same thing Cincy did with Chad Johnson. He wanted out but they wouldn't let him go. Good quarterbacks are hard to come by.

I think the question is: How far is Denver willing to let this go before it turns into an unrepairable situatuion. Do they force Cutler into staying, making him PO'd and becoming a cancer like TO problem, or will they cut their problems and trade him before then. I hope he forces them into trading him, and if so, the Vikes need to step up big time!

I'd be willing to part with a 1st or 2nd rounder for Jay. Cut Tjack and roll with Sage and Jay. Heck trade AZ for Boldin too. I'd give a 1st for him too.

I'd be willing to part with a 1st or 2nd rounder for Jay. Cut Tjack and roll with Sage and Jay. Heck trade AZ for Boldin too. I'd give a 1st for him too.

By any chance did you orchestrate the Herschel Walker trade?? Just curious, cuz you're talking about dealing like 30 first round picks. The very most I would give for Cutler would be Chester and a 2nd rounder.

Zamboni, am I reading it right that you would rather trade Chester and a 2nd than one first?

I agree with toughguy, give up this years first for Cutler and next years first for Boldin.

As for Cutler, he would have everything to gain by holding out, if traded he would get a new contract with huge dollars and long term, if he doesnt get traded, and force Denver to sign a long term contract with mega dollars. Win/win for him!

Thats the whole deal. He wants to get paid now! Either with Denver or without. these games hes playing will get him a new contract with big coin from some team and like most pro's he could care less where, just how much and now. the way he's acting is like someone said reminding me of Jeff George. strong arm and no brain. we already have a q.b like that...

Zamboni, am I reading it right that you would rather trade Chester and a 2nd than one first?

I agree with toughguy, give up this years first for Cutler and next years first for Boldin.

Go review the Herschel Walker trade and get back to me. Gave up last years first, and now you're saying the next 2 years?? I understand we only got basically one player for all them picks we gave to the Cowboys, but you can't trade away several years worth of first round picks. Not worth it.

i'd trade chester and a 2nd for cutler in a second...deal would of been done weeks ago.

chester will only be a viking for 1 more season then he is worth nothing to us...if you were ever gonna trade a guy like chester this would be the year to do it.

By the way, a little saying for you-

Trade away draft picks to win NOW, use your picks to win for years to come.

I will stand by that.

But if you trade a 1st round for a proven 25 year old, wouldnt that be ideal? Thats only a couple years out of the draft anyway. I would trade 2 first for Cutler and Boldin everyday of the weak. Even throw in a few late round picks in there as well, throw in Chester, Jackson, or 99% of any of the players we have now. Get that deal done, I will buy season tickets again.

I dont see how picking an unproven 22-23 year old is so much better then a proven 25 year old.

But if you trade a 1st round for a proven 25 year old, wouldnt that be ideal? Thats only a couple years out of the draft anyway. I would trade 2 first for Cutler and Boldin everyday of the weak. Even throw in a few late round picks in there as well, throw in Chester, Jackson, or 99% of any of the players we have now. Get that deal done, I will buy season tickets again.

I dont see how picking an unproven 22-23 year old is so much better then a proven 25 year old.

i'd trade two 1sts for cutler and boldin too...the reality is you have about a 1% chance of getting a cutler type qb or a boldin type wr in the 1st round with our pick...boldin is getting on the older side he's like 28 or 29 but he's lights out...be nice to get boldin at a cheaper cost.

drafting an unproven 22-23 yr old is in no way shape or form better then trading for a proven top flight player that is 25-26...odds are it takes that 22-23 yr old a couple years to become top flight anyway...you pay him real good money in the meantime and if he ends up a superstar he wants even more money.

only problem is how do you pay for so many superstars and big money makers on your team? cutler,berrian,boldin,hutch,jared,kdubbs,ect....and still have money for when your hometown boys get their payday...peterson,ej,greenway, sullivan, tyrell, ect, ect.....i don't want to see us build up hard just for a superbowl run and then crash, burn, rebuild, and lose our players like u see other teams going through right now.

I understand the building for the future, or to be stable, but it would be nice if the Vikes just one time, went all out to go for it all, even if it meant we cant afford to resign all og them back 3 years from now.

They've been "building for the future". Peterson, Greenway, James, Williamson, Udeze, Williams, Mckinney, Bennett, Hovan, Underwood. Those are just the last 10 1st rounders, many picks than that. Some have obviously turned out, some obviously havn't. Point is, thats only part of the winning and building process. Overall I think they've drafted pretty good, but its not enough to get to the big dance.

I say they should pursue Cutler, don't worry about T-Jacks feelings being hurt by bringing in someone else, (like he doesn't know he doesn't have what it takes right now).

Looking at that list, two draft years are really hurting the Vikes right now. The years we took James and Williamson. Both bad picks and flops. It would have been nice to get at least two starters on this team from those two first round classes. That year of player should be in their prime and really helping this team out. Instaed, we had to go out sign two free-agents (Berrian and Allen) and lose some draft picks and a bunch of $$$ on top of it. Overall, though I think they have done pretty good in the draft the last few years.