• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thanks Perchpounder, I knew sending you 315 T-Cam photo's was asking a lot to sift through, you did a great job, no doubt how many 1 1/2 year old bucks do you really want to post. There is no doubt there will be a herd of 2 1/2 year old bucks in there next fall. 1 good thing is around that section(s) of land there are very few car killed deer which is a good thing. I was stunned by my T-Cam, talk about luck, 2 weeks in the fall and 2 weeks in the winter, picked the right spot(s). 1 ground scrape brought about a 12 bucks to it and 1 spring fed water hole brought a bunch of bucks to it. Random spots that produced crazy results. Don't forget about the duck and goose possiblity with this land. Talk about a remote duck location, just needs to be a little wider the creek by the highway and you'd have a great waterfowl possibility, it used to be phenomenal, but not being able to without quite a bit of effort get my duck boat past the first 30 yards, I just gave up on it and didn't want to blast too much in there before rifle season. Thanks again Perch !

I wish I had the photo's of all the huge bucks shot in and around this swamp. I do talk with regularly the landowners to the Northwest and they shot a monster this year and he see's many trophy racked bucks each year. The people to the west have dropped many trophy's, the people to the east have taken there fair share of hogs including a state record in 2005. And there I sit in the middle of all of this, what an area. Thanks for posting a few of the buck pics. Much appreciated. Time to go get ready for LF vs. Virginia, 6:00 Hockey !

Not the first time a friend has reported a monster in the area but last night I guess my friend drives by my land every day as his work takes him to Ottertail, he claims to have seen quite a gathering of deer on the road, as he approached he claims one of the bucks in the group had a huge rack. How huge I asked? He claims it was much larger than the one I took there this year. Even though most of these bucks will travel out and onto some other properties, I like the fact that these hooves were present on this property and many other bucks to, you just have to hope they remember being there next fall or at least some of them or at least the "one".

Not the first time a friend has reported a monster in the area but last night I guess my friend drives by my land every day as his work takes him to Ottertail, he claims to have seen quite a gathering of deer on the road, as he approached he claims one of the bucks in the group had a huge rack. How huge I asked? He claims it was much larger than the one I took there this year. Even though most of these bucks will travel out and onto some other properties, I like the fact that these hooves were present on this property and many other bucks to, you just have to hope they remember being there next fall or at least some of them or at least the "one".

WOW, monster buck still has his horns Middle of March?? Thats really cool. I didn't think they ever kept there horns this late in the year?? Can you post some pics of the prop???

I'd rather have interested people go walk the land. It is 80 acres, 1/4 mile wide by a 1/2 mile long. The west side of the land is where the creek is. The land has tons of Tamarac's, then as you head north it turns into Balsam Fir until you reach the popple,ash,birch,and more balsam fir high ground. On Page 2 on here you can view some of the fall bucks and perch picked out a couple spring ones, I pulled the Tcam on March 7th and there were many full rack buck pictures in March. They have always the majority been late shedders in that area why I don't know. The fall Tcam pics are from the edge of the highground and the winter ones are by a spring of water that doesn't freeze, but I think the deer like getting a drink there after eating and browsing all day long so I put it there. Will be getting very wet in there soon, spring thaw, this weekend is most likely the last time I head in there until next September.

Musky Buck it sounds like alot of really nice land for the money. Just reading your posts it sound like a piece of Heaven. I only wish I was in a better position financially, but it seems like someone is going to get a really good deal. I'm surprised its not gone by now.

The sad part is I'm giving this up to hopefully create the same on my other land(s). Thing is I have made no improvements to this 80 acres and it doesn't matter, mature bucks seek it out yearly. I will have to create it on the other land(s) because the land itself can't currently have several mature bucks on it like the one I have for sale, but the land is close to homebase. I wouldn't say it's heaven, but whoever buys it will have every year a chance to get deer and also that big buck(s). We have shot roughly 25 bucks, maybe more on it, but since my dad owned it in 1984, we have taken 21 bucks and 1 doe and there was a 7 year stretch I didn't need to hunt it because I bagged a mature buck on other properties so I was done, my dad hasn't hunted it since 1991. I hope I don't regret selling this, I'm going from all hunters around it practice go/grow to the land I'll have left the hunters near it are brown down folk. But, I'm up for the challenge, and hopefully I can get some of the brown down to try letting the rookie bucks walk, unless they're kids or elderly.

Not sure if anyone walked the land or not but getting very wet in there, found matching sheds on Saturday, 2 1/2 year old 8pt. Also, near the popple island jumped roughly 25 deer in a herd. Also, found like an old shed from most likely the previous winter, it was a 3 1/2 or older shed, large 5 point side. Should've stayed looking but went to a farm northwest of there and no sheds, few deer there. Friend after ice fishing near Rush Lake saw large buck on the road Saturday. He was shocked it still had both antlers.

Taxes are paid, $582.00. Also, picked up every bit of litter in the ditch. Walked in there and jumped about 30 deer on March 28th, decided I didn't want to push them as they calmly walked away ahead of me so I walked back out. Wanted to look for sheds but that last couple inches of snow blanketed everything and in the swamp with all that shade it just wasn't melted off in time. Also, pairs of geese standing on the ponds honking away wishing to find nest sites or so it seemed. Also, saw quite a few grouse in there and found numerous large buck rubs, the kind of trees you can't get both hands around and also found a spot I should've built a stand 25 years ago, looks like a great escape spot for the deer.

MB, Is the land buildable? Could a person make a lot and build and have a road in there? I tried to find an arial view but could not get the address to show up. I have a friend that is looking in that area for a place to retire at. This would be right up his alley.

Not buildable, but that might be why so many bucks roam it and call it part of their home range.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if this is still for sale. I will be up in the area this weekend and was wondering if I could take a look at it. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...