• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD

knoppers

6 straight powerplay minutes in the 2nd period and 1 shot on goal???????? sloppy puckhandling tonight. Should have been an easy win.

BIG John Scott got some punching in tho! Good to see!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walleyes12

• OnAFly

• pinkfloyd4ever

• crothmeier

seems as though we play the division dwellers very bad this year. we beat the good teams, then lose to the teams behind us. its amazing that they still are in a playoff chase this year.

foster played against LA, but did not get a lot of puck action, it seemed as though they avoided passing the puck to him on the blue line.

I've enjoyed watching them the last couple weeks, some cool comebacks, but they have got to get more aggresive! Sunday's game was awful, 6 minutes of PP to kill off. I didn't understand why after they got the 1st PP goal it was still 5 on 3.

Last nights game was awesome! Wish they could play like that each night and you gotta think they could start getting some breaks with getting the puck in the net! Would have been a heartbreaker to lose that game.

Also- Boogaard was an animal last night, I didn't see the replay, but I thought it was a ticky tack call that put him in the box, but the guy was absurd, then in the 3rd period he gets no ice time??? What's the deal?

I just watched from the 3rd period onward. Finally got the much needed deuce!

PMB almost had a Sport Center #1 moment. That goal that tied the game was pretty sweet as well. Great work by Fritche to get the puck to Shultz. I was really suprised we won the shootout after Wolski scored first with very little effort.

Great Game, if they play that hard every night they should put themselves in good position to make the playoffs. Why can't they get any lucky bounces, seems like everything is working against them. Makes a big difference when you get some shots on net, I don't understand why the don't keep shooting. Great Game!

It seems like the reason they get so many bad bounces against them is because they don't get aggressive for the puck. The first two periods of the game when we were in our own zone, we would knock the puck off an Avs stick and then sit back and let them get control of it again. There was a serious lack of effort in parts of the first two periods. If you give a team a thousand opportunities to get a lucky bounce, they will get one or two.

On another topic, Bergeron is going to be the end of this team. Four different times in the game he had the puck under control and at the slightest bit of pressure from an opposing player, he would just give it away and three of those were in our own zone. Knowing JLs defensive style, I don't know how he can watch that guy. I know everyone rags on Skoula, and rightfully so for last years performance, but Bergeron is a much bigger hole in our armor.

On the subject of Bergeron, I see he takes a lot of heat here. While I agree he's had many scary moments, take a look at the stats for our core blue liners:

Player G Pts +/-

Bergeron 11 28 0

Johnsson 1 21 0

Shultz 2 10 -2

Burns 8 27 -7

Skoula 1 11 -11

Zidlicky 11 34 -15

I know he plays on the P.P. a lot and that probably skews his numbers. But he's statistically the strongest in this group. In the game I went to last Wednesday against SJ, Bergeron was an absolute minutes monster. He was out there seemingly half the game. I will agree that he can melt under the pressure sometimes, but he's still been pretty valuable this year.

Our Dmen are not my concern this year. How 'bout some of them forwards step it up a little?

Maybe he is just more visible when he makes mistakes, I don't know. I just seem to see it more often I guess.

I know what you mean about the forwards. Watch their legs when they get into the offensive zone...not moving. Sometimes it looks like we just get out worked. It was good to see Foster again last night. For a second game back, he was pretty good.

I cringe every time Zidlicky in in a defensive situation. The guy can shoot the puck, but his defense sucks.

ALL of them turn the puck over in the nuetral zone, it seems to happen all game long, and everyone does it.

Glad to see the Boogeyman back out there, as well as Foster getting some minutes. Scrappy game but we got the 2 points. They seem to have been making it a habit to play catch-up the last few games.

Heard on 93X that Gabby may be back for home game with Oilers? I wonder how strong he'll be. We could certainly use some punch. Even if he just draws some defensive attention out there it should help.

I heard the same thing about Gabby, im pretty pumped for one because i will be at the game, and 2 it was him that got me into hockey as much as i am now, so lets hope he will be there and HOPE he can help us to the playoffs, pretty much our only hope, and if he doesnt help, well better luck next year, with a new coach and GM haha

Backstrom allowed 4 goals again tonight. after signing his contract he's gone down hill. maybe coincidence but since the signing he's avg. 4 goals pg it seems. we still need to score the puck thou.

Its pretty standard for a professional athletes these days, as soon as the big contract is signed they relax and so does their game. He will probably be fine next year.

They palyed like they wanted a win today. Only 10 left need to play em all like today. Owen Nolan is God

Yes, great game yesterday, I went to it. Gabby got a good applause, some boos could be heard though. Backstrom was awesome, especially that 1st period turnover right in front of him, he stoned that guys shot for sure. Awesome when edmonton scored on themselves too.

Backstrom is keeping up his insane numbers in the games after giving up 4 or more goals. Great game last night.

Anyone hear how long Koivu is out? That one is going to hurt us. Every time I see that replay I cringe. It looked painful to say the least.

I heard he got hurt yesterday but I must have missed when it was, though thinking back, I didn't see him on the ice much after 1/2 way through the 3rd period

I heard he got hurt yesterday but I must have missed when it was

It was in the first period. He took a nasty shot to the knee.

Koivu played in the second, but was in pain so he then left the game.

I guess Tom Lynn is saying they will know more about Koivu by Friday. Hopefully he will be back before the season is over. I don't think he made the road trip to NY. frown

Anyone know when Burns is coming back? He's missed about 10 games with "concussion like" symptoms. I don't remember seeing him get hit hard recently. This has been a bad season for injuries.

Anyone know when Burns is coming back?

I read that he has not been cleared to play yet.

Hopefully soon.

We are in desperate need of wins right now.

Yes bad breaks, get gabby back but lose Koivu, not a big hockey follower to know all the stats, but IMO overall I'd rather have koivu on the ice than gabby.

Anyone else watching the game tonight? You know you need to keep your head up when Gabby places a big hit on you grin

Backs is really keeping us in this game...now a 5-3...let all hope he keeps it up eek

I have a question here, goes back to sundays game. Wild up 2-0, edmonton has puck in their own zone, and attempts to make pass cross rink in front of goalie, hits off another teammates skate and into net, 3-0 wild. The official goal went to Veilleux, or someone, so is it a rule that the last Wild player to touch the puck on a play like that gets credit for the goal?

yep, the last player to touch the puck is credited for the goal

We really need Koivu and burns back, we get Gabby back and now we are missing our top center. I have to give Gabby so credit, I have been hard on him all year, but hes playing good hockey, probably to up his FA market, but its what the wild needed to make a playoff push. I just affraid its too late