• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice conditons

cjw

was up on thurs lots of water,when i left it was frooze up.there is hardly any snow left souldbe easy going to get to spots where you couldnt go before.

I have a perm up there. Not sure if the resort blocked it or not, is that somethign they do? Do you think if it's not blocked it's frozen in?

i agree,if you had a fish house on the lake and you didnt have a deal with 1 of the resorts youre fishouse is frooze in,there was lots of water in certain spots.the only + is that now you can go just about anywhere you want and fish and not worry about getting stuck in the snow.if any of you guy have any houses on there i hope you guys get them out ok.chad

Most resorts will block the house for a fee. We blocked ours 10" off the ice and the water was just under the floor. Its coming off today. Portables from now on. Bill

My perm is at Agate Bay. Last weekend before I left I raised My house 3" between the ice and the skids. Yesterday when I arrived I still had 3" clearance and most of the snow had melted. You can call me lucky!!!!!!

my house was up 6+ inches, and when I got there yesterday, there was 2-3 inches of open air between the skids and the ice. I'm going to make it a habit to put it up at least 6 inches from now on, just to be safe!!! was hard to find anything to bank with, and the holes kept freezing. Had the house pulled today, my season is over. I'll make one more trip up chasing perch, but the house is safe on dry land.

I was up on Sunday and everything is now froze solid everywhere I was. It was -0 on Sat night so that froze everything up nice and only got to about 10 sunday. I was out of hunters and didn't go to the flats as planned per their request. But I still managed a couple nice Eyes and 8 jumbos. Nothing under 10.5" biggest being 13. I fished about a half mile out in 32' of water.

The ice is just fine. It was fine last week, there was just a bunch of water on it. In fact, its better now because you can drive anywhere you want because there's no more deep snow.

I was up there all weekend. The subzero Sat night has everything hard again. Best part is you can finally fish off the plowed roads. Becareful not to get stuck in a snow drift, there is still some slush under them. Dodge 1500 4x4.