• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My buddies and myself will be up by Vermilion on the weekend of the 20th and I had a few question as I have never fished Vermilion or other lakes in that area before. Will the ice/lake conditions still be sufficient to drive a 4x4 SUV on? Where would be the best places just to try our luck at getting some fish? thanks

There will be plenty of ice at that time.

Travel may be a little tough though unless we lose some snow.

There are a couple of plowed roads out of McKinley Park and out of Stuntz Bay.

Cliff

We had a lot of rain the past few days here that almost eliminated most of the snow on the ice. The bad part is that we now have 5" to 1 foot of water on top of the ice! frown

That will probably be refrozen by the 20th if we do not get much snow on top of the water.

Cliff

Saturday was my last day out and I could barely get around even by staying on the roads!

It has been colder since then, 15 below one night!

I did hear that snowmobile travel is very good out there now.

Cliff