• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Jackfish41

How's the weather treating the ice around GR? Do you think a 4-wheeler may finally come in handy?

Bohunk

Was out on Cutfoot yesterday with no problems at all driving the truck around. We'll see after today, it's already raining pretty good. Wouldn't try a four-wheeler yet until the surface snow sinks a little bit more, unless you stay on the beaten path. Other lakes may differ, just commenting on my experience yesterday.

D.Boedigheimer

jackfish, was out a couple times last week and was pleasently surprised at the travel conditions, if you can't drive where you want to go, you will definitely get there with your four-wheeler. This rain will only help things. good luck

Jackfish41

Thanks for the help fellers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JBMasterAngler
      Looks like Peltier Lake is locked up. Clear Lake was about 97% locked up. Just one little open hole in the middle. Forest Lake also looked to be at least 95% iced up. There were a couple small holes that a bunch of swans were keeping open. Someone on the north shore still has their dock out, and pontoon in the water! They better take advantage of this warm up and get to work!    Would appreciate more reports, especially in Isanti County and Hinckley area.
    • Poseidon
      I drove by the chain the other day and it looked to be locked up.  Don or anyone else have thickness updates? thanks!
    • leech~~
      By my sons stand he sees about 15 to 20 of them scraping around for acorns. Drives him nuts thinking he has the 20 point buck coming in!  😟
    • Sorgy
      Nevermind the above post. Take a look at the webcams around the lake and there is very little open water. I had read Raven77's report and with the calm conditions and cold she iced up. If a good wind blows it may open up some but by the looks of things it will not happen again until spring. Lets hope for good safe ice conditions this winter and a nice snowpack for the snowmobiles.   Steve
    • DonBo
      Where were all these critters back when the season was open?  Been seeing several just about every day during the gun season - none while hunting during the early bow season.  Oh well, looks like a promising spring.
    • eyeguy 54
      Really liking the Mountain Mikes reproduction skulls. This is the third one and so much easier than boiling!! 20 bucks at Mills. They have fancy skulls also but I really like the white. 
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck this winter cookie and be safe!
    • PSU
      So sad to hear about the fire yesterday. Appears they are considering rebuilding and I am hopeful they are better than ever in the future!
    • cookie129
      And just like that there was ice as far as you could see? From what I have been herring walking traffic this weekend as long as this mild warm up and winds do not change everything.  tyler did go out yesterday and got 1 plus a miss. I personally will not be on the lake until blue thunder can drive out there. All though we added a small Kia to the fleet .  Yesterday the phone was crazy with fishermen calling about how much ice. I'm hereing 3 to 5 closer in.   We have been busy final prepping the house's and trucks. plus bow hunting Looks like I may be adding a grand ice castle to the fleet  plus I added California fish house last year at the end of the season.  
    • Lowrider06
      So whos all anxious for this season spearing? I been watching vids lately on youtube getting all pumped up for this coming season.   What is everybody's thoughts on the pike slot zones? I think its gonna be a tough one this year to try judging the sizes in the hole. Any clue if this is a forever thing or only experimental for the zones?