• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott K

Wide screen TV

Question

Scott K

When I first got my wide screen tv channels that were not HD would just set in the picture normally, now after a few months it stretches the picture to fit the whole screen and it is blurry to watch. I didnt adjust anything, although I have tried to get it back to the way it was and I cant find out how. Has anyone ran into this before, if so how did you correct it?

5 answers to this question

Will

i have a panasonic plasma and i had to set it to "native" in the video adjustment section, i don't know how else to explain it. if all else fails, you should be able to call an 800 number in your manual.

LMITOUT

How are you getting you non-HD channels? Dish? Cable?

There should be a button on the TV and/or dish remote that will change the picture settings. Might be called "format". On my TV and Dish remotes that is what it's labeled as. You may have to push the button a few times to cycle through the different formats until you get back to standard.

Scott K

I have Dish network, they have both. On my tv remote it is set to standard, but when I switch a channel it is in stretch. I just checked and the Dish remote also had a format, switched that and we are back to normal, thanks Lmitout!

LMITOUT

The Dish box will "remember" which format you chose and what type of programming you're watching (SD or HD) and set it accordingly the next time you visit that channel. This way it'll automatically stretch the SD programming to fill your screen when you tune to a SD channel, but it won't stretch the HD programming when you flip to a HD channel.

I prefer to leave it on standard as I don't care for the picture quality when the SD channels are stretched to fill the screen. The black bars on each side bother some people, but the PQ bothers me more.

Scott K

Ya it was to blurry for me to watch on the sd channels in stretch, thanks for the help!