• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tjhunter

Sillwater

tjhunter

Has anyone ever fished up by Stillwater? What is the ice like up there?

croixeyes

Actually the ice on the Wisconsin side of the Croix north of the Highline point is very good this year.I saw a couple of trucks parked on the south side of the Stillwater bridge last week,but I dont recomend you go that far.The current coming under the bridge can thin things out in a hurry.I myself havent been up past the highline point this year,but some folks are fishing right across from sunnyside.There are a few points to check out after you get past the highlines,they may or may not hold the species you are seeking.The Minnesota side can be very sketchy as far as Ice thickness,the river current seems to favor that side so please use caution.Whenever I go to previous unexplored parts of the river during winter its best to drill as you go,so you dont end up becoming river structure.2cnts

croixflats

Croixeyes has that right the ice can be unexpected. Last Thursday drilled a few holes and found an averge of around 20" then I drilled close to my truck and I was sitting on 10" to 12" freaked me out even more when the ice was doing its thing making those loud preasure cracking noises. With this warm weather keep an open because some spots can weaken in a hurry.

croixeyes

You werent down by Catfish were you,That stuff was crackin like crazy today and btw fishing wasnt very good either frown

croixflats

Didn'T make it out today :(, had planned to but had friends of family show up unexpectedly