• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Fishing vs. Bachelor Party

Is it bad that I would rather go ice fishing than attend my own bachelor party? It's more of a bride/groom mixer, so it's not gonna be strip clubs and binge drinking.

Anyway, what I'm hoping for is that mother nature will find it in her heart to keep the ice in good enough shape for me to get out to hubert om march 28th for some righteous crappie fishing! Or is there a better late ice crappie lake in the area?

The festivities aren't set to begin until sometime that night, so that leaves me all day to get on the ice. Sure she's saying no now, but I'll sweet talk my way into getting up there. wink

And this is a week before the wedding, so it's not like I'm ditching out on the rehearsal dinner or anything. But wow, so far it seems that it is bad I want to do this. eek

I hear where your coming from, but like the guys said earlier No Dice. Hopefully your lucky enough to hit the ice, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Last year my buddy and were gonna go fishing, but he had already made plans with the mrs. he decided that fishing was more important than their plans together. She was royaly upset to say the least. We got back to his place he made me go in first cuz he was tottally convinced she would be waiting with a gun. Haha dont wanna end up like that

Bride groom Mixer- I think this is called a couples shower and was invented to prevent you from having a real bachelor party. I think if its already planned and people invited you are out of luck. Otherwise you could say if this is your bachelor party you want to have a guys weekend of fishing and she can have her shower.

That will be the "precedence setter" wink She is saying she wears the pants wink

First off, don't do a couples shower, hehe... easy for me to say, I know. As long you are nice guy and do all the other wedding stuff, you shouldn't be forced to do stuff you don't want... after all, you have all the time in the world to be forced to do stuff you don't want to after you are married wink

Just ribbing ya, you will end up at the shower (call it what it is...) and you will have fun. Just go fishing in the AM and be home in time to get all prettied up for your lady.

My bachelor party was ice fishing with the fellas...no strippers, but there were plenty of the adult beverages around! Being out on the ice (even at -10 temps) that day with the boys is all I wanted.

Sorry about the couples shower dude. I wish I had a silver bullet answer that would get you out of it...and if I did, I wouldn't be posting it here...I'd be writing a book about it and retiring a very rich and smart man!

JB not bad to us but to them it could be the end of the world so go anyway i think you have your mind made up anyway.

Go fishing......tragically get stck out in the lake and youcant find anyone to pull you out til 2 days later !!!! Yeah that's it !!!! J/K Dont listen to me. Use that one after you are married.

It's not a couples shower...it actually will be a party. She's having her shower on feb. 28th, and I've already been given the ok to go ice fishing while that's going on. smile

I just basically don't want to sit around all day waiting for a party that's not gonna start until 7ish. Obviously it will depend on ice conditions also...brainerd area should still have good shoreline ice the last weekend of march though, shouldn't it? It'd be foot travel only of course.

JB,

Are you in ST. Paul or will the party be in BRD? Cause you may want to consider taking the boat out around you. But that is a long ways down the road and if this rain we are getting now has anything to say we won't have ice that late.

The party is actually in st. cloud, but's it's just over an hours drive from brainerd...have made many single day fishing trips up there.

I've been married 25 years and there is one thing you learn early in your marriage. It is easier to get forgiveness than getting approval so "just do it" and worry about the consequences after the fact.

Pegleg, I always thought that the "easier to get forgiveness than approval" line applied to the DNR.

So I wonder who brings the greater wrath: DNR vs WIFE

I suppose that the perfect storm is if your wife works for the DNR, and you go tearing up the wetlands in your backyard without telling her!

Yea normally the women dont plan the bachelor party and force you to go to it. Your best man is supposed to plan the party. I think you have to also include an alternate bachelor party. One that includes guys having fun planned by guys.

Another thing you might want her to understand before the marriage is that Mother's Day weekend is also Opening weekend of walleye fishing so the Opener takes precedence over Mother's Day. Tell her she can go shopping on Father's Day if she would like and it wouldn't bother you - that way you can go fishing that weekend also....

You need to get all of this straight before you walk down the aisle.

I agree, Lightning and Jeff, you need to sit down with your best man and tell him to figure it out. A mixed party is great, it's a good way for your single groomsman to mix it up with the single bridesmaids so at least they know each other before the wedding. However, it DOES NOT REPLACE a bachelor party!

I was recently my cousins best man for a wedding this winter. IMO this is how you should do it (and tell this to your best man): Pick out your favorite lake, bring a couple shelters (a big perm would work great if you have one), bring a grill with some brats and burgers, and a couple cases of beer. Boom bachelor party! Hit some bars on the way home or better yet get a room at a local lakeside resort/motel. This was a great time, its not so much about the fishing, but the camaraderie. Good Luck!

A st. cloud area lake would be fine if the ice is ok.

Me and MY friends will be out and about getting wasted the night before the wedding whistle Of course she doesn't know that.

dude meatfish here.You went after me a few months back with some of my drunk dialing.My turn now!!!grow some seeds sally and pull up your skirt nancy.If your wife is planning your bachelor party good luck with your fishing plans from now on.What the h#ll is a bride groom mixer sounds to me that you just put your seeds in a jar on brides night stand.I wish you the best!just kidding.does this mean your fishing gear is for sale??

I am happy to report that she enjoys the outdoors as well, so just as long as I take her horseback riding and snowmobiling, and put her on some fish when she accompanies me, I pretty much have a free pass for fishing at least once a week.

Meatfish, that was actually pretty funny. But sorry to say my equipment is not for sale. Infact, as a valentine's present for me I get to have a little shopping spree at cabela's smile

A st. cloud area lake would be fine if the ice is ok.

Me and MY friends will be out and about getting wasted the night before the wedding whistle Of course she doesn't know that.

Yet another bad idea. The night before the wedding is for the rehersal and a few drinks with all the people in the wedding. This isn't the time for you to be ditching out with your frineds and getting hammered. You do not want to be hung over for your wedding. It is just too long of a day in that condiditon. She will hate you for life. Get hammered the week before, not the night before. This really isn't that tough of a process.

Go to the party its not worth getting her mad over 1 day of fishing remeber you have the next how many decades of fishing ahead.

I'm not happy about this, but I think I will have to swallow my pride and do what the mrs wants. I just hope mother nature will make this alot less hard for me to handle (depleted ice).

LOL! I wasn't cursing...I actually typed in the word "depleted", as in worsening ice conditions. laugh Funny stuff.