• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eagle Lake - Maple Grove

Johnny_Da_Der

Anybody fish here recently? I am looking for northern and done well here in the summer. I have heard there are springs and sketchy ice, anybody know?

i dont know of any springs but the access gets pretty beat up.

Dont go to eagle very often during the winter tho. ice was like 20+ inches when i was out there a couple weeks ago.

I have fished and traveled all over Eagle for years, and never found any ice out of the ordinary. You should do well with tip ups out there. Pike, walleye,and maybe even a muskie will all bite.

thanks for the ice tips everybody.

Was out from about 1-6 today. No flags up, no bobbers down, no tap tap tap on the jigging rod frown

Saw a lot of tip up fisherpeople out, but I never saw a flag up for any of them either.

thats weird last time i was out there we caught like 40 mini perch in like 3 hours. saw a huge northern on the camera too. i guess my only tip is to either set up with all the yahoo's in the bay and catch dink crappies(i never do this) or dril drill drill tilll ya find the fish elsewhere. We have caught perch sunnies walleye and a 27" northern out of there this year all away from the crowd.

get away from everybody, and fish shallower than you think. I've caught more walleyes on this lake than anyother lake in the metro through the ice. The fishing can be suprisingly good. I'm never near anyother houses. It certainly is a sundown, night bite though.

I have the same question. What is the access like? The rest of the lake should be good..... I think.

a few people were out there yesterday. The access appears to be in good shape but personally I wouldn't drive out there anymore. There was a spot about 50x50 yards with only 12-14" max. The ducks and geese were keeping it open pretty late this year. I am actually surprised noone has gone through there yet. just the one guy near the Pike channel.

I remember a few years ago some guys were doing pretty decent in pike, anyone been out there this year?

fish it quite a bit. only tried for pike once and caught 2. one 5+ pounder and one snake either way it was a fun day. One guy I talked to that tip-up fishes alot caught 3 in one day and then never caught another one in several outings. So i guess it is all hit or miss.

I did pretty decent in there last winter. Lots of crapps and some sunnies. Mixed sizes. I came home with enough for a fry. Just havent been back there to try it this year cause of the snow. I guess that excuse is out the window now so I will have to give it a shot.

I drove out on Eagle yesterday. I wouldn't have but there were a half dozen trucks out there. Kind of spooked me doing it. The access is a little harry, as of last night you must stay on the left side of the creek as your are entering the lake.

If I am thinking of the same spot Bustin Lips is talking about.... There was 18" of ice. I had 22"+ two weeks ago in a different area of the lake.

Also, by the sounds coming from the ice last night I would say it was making ice.

I suppose if my ice cleats weren't in storage I would have walked out last night. Why are they in storage??????

the ice is thick enough to drive on i was out there last night and we took the wheeler just to be safe but only a couple crappies

is that typical for this lake because i have never fished it before

was out on eagle tonight, lots of little crappie in South bay. driving out is fine(18in. +) and the access's condition is improving, was much better today than yesterday,

a few people were out there yesterday. The access appears to be in good shape but personally I wouldn't drive out there anymore. There was a spot about 50x50 yards with only 12-14" max. The ducks and geese were keeping it open pretty late this year. I am actually surprised noone has gone through there yet. just the one guy near the Pike channel.
Where is this bad spot? It wouldnt be on the north end would it? I was out a couple days ago and seen a lot of goose droppings on the ice and thought "thats not a good sign!".

im planning on hitting eagle/pike on sunday for some last time tipups for some pike anyone probaly gonna head over to pike for a bit to anyone else going to be out there?

Originally Posted By: bustin lips
Where is this bad spot? It wouldnt be on the north end would it? I was out a couple days ago and seen a lot of goose droppings on the ice and thought "thats not a good sign!".

Yep, it is about 150-200 yards straight west of the access.