• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
i'majigger

Zipple Bay

i'majigger

Heading to Zipple Bay Monday for a three day trip, any new reports?

lloyd6996

we will be there on monday. leaving 7:00 am from Detroit lakes so we can be fishing by noon. this year we decided to stay in one of the log houses

i'majigger

We'll have to meet up for a beer (and tomato juice, love those red beers) and compare fishing reports.

Walleye Inn

Just got back from zippel caught 37 for sat and half of sunday kept 14 wife caught a 29" beauty gold glow jig in 35 ft 2" off the bottom heard of a 30" caught also lots of fun good luck up there!!

bdubs78

I also just got back from Zippel. Saturday between 4 guys we caught between 25-30 fish. kept 10 nice eaters. Had a couple over 17. Only one little guy in the pail sunday morning. We were in 26ft, right on a break from 23-26. right off the bottom. White glow with the red eye seemed to be the ticket for me anyway. All in all a good weekend to be on the lake.

mnhunter 3815

im also headed up tomorrow mornin depending on the weather.i hope my house is still there lol

Mike Sertich

Mnhunter, could you possibly help out an "old Ranger?" Any tips would be helpful and greatly appreciated. I have a wheelhouse at Zipple and set up on Honey Hole last weekend. Got some decent fish but looking for deeper water. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

mike

mnhunter 3815

when you heading up next mike?you to the east or west on honey hole?im heading up in about an hour.whats your e-mail? i'll be glad to help you out.i wont be back till thursday afternoon.

Mike Sertich

We were west in bout 28 ft. Heading up Friday. Got a couple of rookies with me. Had the Grandkids last weekend. [email protected] Thanks for your help. Maybe we can hook up. I don't drink, but I have a lot of coffeee! Thanks again mike

brainerd_dude

Have you guys heard ice conditions for zippel bay? Wife & I are scheduled to stay in a sleeper house at zippel bay resort this weekend.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

>( )'>

Walleye Inn

Hey Mike do you have the nice blue house at end of road I have the wallye inn ??good luck this weekend

Mike Sertich

No, Mine is green/white sided. I got the frame for nothing and built the rest,low budget operation, but quite functional. I have fished there a lot since the early 70's. Mostly on a bucket, then a portable. Have ventured out to the Bridges, Garden and Starren Shoals. The Angle a few times, off Flag. But as I have gotten older It is a little more difficult to those things. So I am trying the wheelhouse for the 1st time. It's ok.I have seen your house over the past couple of years. I will look for you thise weekend. In the mean time, we are heading up tomorrow night and will set up up. I would like to find some deeper water. When we filmed a show up there at first ice, they were already out in 28(bigger ones) The show turned out great. So that is my quest this weekend. Hope to meet you. mike

mnhunter 3815

e-mail sent

Mike Sertich

Hey hunter, Can you resend you e-mail? I was at hockey practice my wife cleared my messages. Thanks again. Hope you had a great trip. Heading up tomorrow.

Mike Sertich

Hey hunter, Can you resend you e-mail? I was at hockey practice my wife cleared my messages. Thanks again. Hope you had a great trip. Heading up tomorrow.

Ice master 5

I am heading to Zipple for the 1st time this year (Had a baby boy!) I hope to do well. I have a tan house at the end of sauger on the left or south side, with a tarp on the roof. We are suppose to be in 28', are they still bitting there? Is it worth bringing a portable for the shallow bite?

mnhunter 3815

e-mail sent

Mike Sertich

return e-mail sent and thank you very much. mike

mnhunter 3815

not a problem. gl this weekend

john c Larson

Sorry off topic but i see theres a few fish houses out on longyear lake in chis. think theres any nice crappies in there? Any advice would be great and much Appreciated...

grpd

Hello Mr. Sertich how you doing, long time and you will never recognize the name now but we played a lot of old timers hockey together with Bob Lundin, Jerry and the rest, anyway saw you on the Butch show taping an ice fishing show the other day, anyway off topic, sorry, have a great time fishing, will be up next weekend at longpoint so hopefully the fish still biting

BIGD2360

What are the ice roads looking like out of Zipple as of today? Fish bite? Heading up to Zipples on Friday 20th.

Mike Sertich

Hi Mnhunter, Just got home from Zipple. Found your location. Roads were tough on Friday but Nick was working them pretty hard and they were a lot better tonite. Sure is a maze out there now.

We were set up west of your house. My son walked over to your place and chatted with your brother. Fishing was pretty sketchy. Lots of flurries, lots of dinks. Did get enough to come home with for a fish fry. I normally do not keep many. But a fish fry sounded good. Weather was great. I expected more people out there. I heard that they were doing well in 32 ft. We didn't move from where we were set up. Got to comfy. Anyways, THANK YOU for your help, and sharing info with us. I deeple appreciate the info.

Mike Sertich

Hi grpd. Thanks for your hello. Grand Rapids was great for me. I still love that town. Lots of great memories and friends there. Hockey (playing) was a long time ago. Fun though,hey? It is a great game. Much luck in your fishing.mike

mnhunter 3815

yes there are some nice crappies and blue gills.just before dark is when you will get the nice 1's.