• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
trailratedtj

good weather

trailratedtj

so who's gonna take advantage of this good weather this weekend?

i plan on making a day trip down to the whitewater system. should be great. no frozen guides and maybe even a little feeling in the hands when the day is over. hopefully the runoff isnt too bad.

trailratedtj

no runoff and the weather was great minue the wind! geez! The wind seemed like it was coming from all different directions. I fished from about 10:30 till 4:30. Fished a stretch in the park and got one good size brown, maybe 16". Went to a couple other spots but the saw the path was well beaten and decided to try a stretch i had never been on. I ended the day with 17 fish in total. Loss a huge bow, not once but twice, same fish each time. Broke me off the first time and spit the hook on the second.

Size 18-20 zebra midges. even with the wind i managed to only lose two flies, one to a tree and one to the bow. Fish seem to be holding in the deep(2-4') runs in the tailout. Saw alot of fish rising to midges in the slow deep water. Midges were everywhere, crawling all over the ice and drowning in the fishes bellies.

tight loops!!

SershenBros

I found the midge everywhere on the Root System as well. Nailed one decent bow about 3.30 on a #20 copper miracle nymph. No wind in the valley I was fishing however I was in a tight valley. Great day to be out fishing spring creeks!