• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ROUND LAKE TOURNY!

round lake tournament is tommorrow feb. 7. It runs 12:00 to 3:00. you can register starting at 10:00 at the east acres boat ramp. they are having the ramps opened up for better access. $10 for adults kids fish for free.

Like to thank everybody who came to the tournament. We had 168 people entered. To bad the fishing was slow. Only one perch was caught. But hopefully we will see you next year and the fishing will be better.

My appologies for this... but I was never told when it was. And by the time I knew, I had already signed up for my EMT refresher course. So I spent the last two days in class! Sounds like some tough fishin... but a great turn out for the RLSC!!!

How did the EMT classes go muc??? Too bad you couldnt get out this weekend but the EMT thing is very important also... Trust me I know. Im an EMT also in Iowa so I know how you have to keep those skills up to date...

That's what happens when Minnesota does not have a minimum length size or a reduced daily limit. The lake goes a a hot bite for a few years,now fished out.

One day of fishing is far from enough proof of that. Im sure that if the RLSC thought the lake was fished out that they would have held the tourney somewhere else this year and definitely last year when it was fished the hardest.

I don't fish Round Lake. I just go by what I hear and guys I know that would go out about every night the last 2 winters and haul em home. Just my thought. I am a firm believer in a minimum lenght limit,and a smaller bag limit.

I know that would go out about every night the last 2 winters and haul em home. .

That great I believe the same kepp a couple and take the smaller ones 15-17 is what I prefer but I am guilty as charged for takeing up to 20 but that is just my 02

Snow conditions and blocked accesses made travel on the lake very difficult that might have been the biggest factor in the lack of success on the lake. If lack of success were the determining factor on a lake then the vast majority of the waters in SW MN would go almost untouched.

IMO personal limits and ethics would do more for fishing than any state set minimum would ever accomplish.

In my thought on the lake is fished out, i would have to say no, has it been fished hard, yes. I would like to know how many people went out there 5 to 10 years ago and cought fish in numbers threw the ice, i bet not many of you can say you cought a lot. Some days you would do good and otheres you would not even see the boober move. Round Lake this summer was one of my best when i was down that way, i sat in one spot and cought ruffly 30 walleye 4 crappies and about a 10 pound cat. However i went out there the next day and i worked the whole lake and only cought 2 walleyes and a bullhead, then the last day i was down home we cought massive amounts of walleys again.

When i was down there over chrismas and fished for a day i only managed 3 walleyes all 12 inches, i dont eat fish so i never keep them anyways but what i noticed was a very large amount of fish left in there, they where everywhere i put the camara down, Two there was thousands of little bait fish that was the size of my minnows, Third the perch are on the rebound and that is also bait fish for walleyes,

so in opinion i would say round lake is just fine, i would think that with all that bait fish in there the bite might be tough but will recover for atleast couple of weeks in the spring and mybe even for a day or two this winter

sorry for the long message

Kosterguide I didnt think you could type so much how is the fishing up north??? A buddy got a 40 the other day. I have to admit you have done alot of fishing on round

yea fishing is ok at best, oxagen levels are on the rebound and the fish should start acting a little more aggresivley, Talking with the girlfriends dad the bite south of bemidji is hotter then anywhere that i have heard.