• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
thatoneguy

Anyone fishing in the Cass Lake Chamber's fishing contest tomorrow?

thatoneguy

Me and my four year old fishin' buddy will be out there. Hope to see some FMers on the ice!

thatoneguy

Guess not. My kid won a prize, so that was cool. It would have been nice if they had actually bothered to enforce the rule about no augers after the tourney started though. We had people drilling holes all around us all day...kinda annoying.

beef

Congrats on the prize.. Good to see you had the youngster with.. Need more people like you....

Beef

HUMMER 55

Cool, glad to see some youth involved in the tourny stuff! bonus to get a prize too !! i hope to take my daughter in a few years and get her envolved in the sport. did you catch any fish? i assume the augers running keep you awake if it was slow!

Sir Jigsaw

I was there and yeah it seemed like that there was alot of drillin going on during the contest. I cought one big perch about 3min in and that was it for the rest of the day. G/f was with and she got nibbles but nothing held on. Seemed to be alot of youngsters winning prizes this year.

thatoneguy

I caught about a 3 oz perch right away, and that was it for me...I mostly just watched my kid fish and helped him as needed. The only bummer was that the fish 1 spot smaller than him won a new auger and one spot bigger won a portable fish house, but his spot won a junky cooler and little chair!

It should be noted that while dad was disappointed with that, son didn't care a bit, and was thrilled that he won a prize. Which is probably a better way to look at it smile

They REALLY need to enforce the auger rule next year...it's been bad the last couple years. Other than that though, a VERY well run event.

beef

You should be VERY proud that you had your kid out there and he was able to enjoy the sport of fishing and he even was a prize winner. We have a ton of kids now days who don't have the chance to enjoy this sport. I was hoping to make it out there and bring my boy's but the promotional side of this industry had me locked up this past weekend.

Beef

thatoneguy

I'm always happy to take my boy out, and when little boy #2 (now 15 months old) is ready, he'll be welcome too smile

Do I get to do a lot of actual fishing? Heck no smile It's mostly baiting hooks and teaching, but I couldn't care less. I'm just glad that I'm able to give him opportunities I never had as a kid, and I know that SOME day he'll be able to do that stuff on his own, and I can get back to fishing smile