• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

NOBOAT

German Jefferson Sportsman Club Fishing Contest this Sunday Feb 8th . Will be on West Jefferson starting @ 1:30. Come out and support the Sportsman Club and the many projects they support like the aeration on Scotch Lake. Raffle prizes include Clam Fish House, Hummingbird Locator,Trolling motor etc.

dustin85

I'll be there! K9Art, are you still planning on going?

Dustin

7outof10

is this contest just on jeff ?

Cold_blood

sry i can't make it but i will stop out and talk since i work til 1:30

BK19

is this contest just on jeff ?

yes and i will be there also

walleyehunter80

i will be there, will anyone be there with a nills auger?

K9Art

i plan on it, the domestic engineer/wife said ok. I might have to bring a foster son with who is only three. so Dustin85 said he would help. why dont we all try to meet somewhere and meet each other. we have all been at the same contests for three weeks now and i have only been with dustin HELP!! how about a half hour before it starts we meet at??????? post it and lets meet. Ill suggest the....... and if no one comes up with am idea i drive the ugly suzuki sidekick with the garage built fish house holder on the back

smeese

We won't need one of those wink I will bring my Jiffy :)Just kidding, I would love to see one in action as well

7outof10

We won't need one of those wink I will bring my Jiffy :)Just kidding, I would love to see one in action as well

Originally Posted By: walleyehunter80

someone should bring a strike master auger so there are some holes so you guys can fish out there ...... lol jk

pikerliker

What is the cost per hole?

Thanks ~piker

BK19

$1.00

pikerliker

Thanks BK I should have asked this already but I'm assuming you can buy tickets there on the ice?

Thanks ~piker

katofishingguy

I have not fished Jeff before but want to bring wife and kids tomorrow which access do I use. Thanks

dustin85

Skunked again,....at least I have been consistant. I believe a 9lb2oz Northern won it.

Dustin

BK19

yeah me too

Dave S

sounds like the northern was caught right infront of the announcers too.

Dave S

and if no one comes up with am idea i drive the ugly suzuki sidekick with the garage built fish house holder on the back

I saw your sidekick.

K9Art

i feel your pain, atleast you only saw it and did not have to drive it! lol Hey it got Dustin85, my son, foster son, and myself both ways again today and i figure it used just over a gallon of gas! Hey its always fun watching the people either laugh or flip us off on the way to the lake.

Dave S

I wasn't fishing today. I rode around the fishing area a couple times on the red Rincon and wearing blue Ice Armor. Just checking out the ice is all. I rode over to the west end and had the ice breaking up underneath me so I figured it was time to head out before I took a swim.:O

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• macgruber
      Those are great, thanks!  The Mink/Kimball combo might be the ticket as it also looks like there’s a sandy swimming beach on mink so when the kids get tired of humoring dad and his need to fish, they can play in the water!
    • Tom Sawyer
      Noticed the same on North Long
    • Bob Schultz
      I don’t believe anyone has mentioned if they are bringing the traditional Friday night fish fry back ?  If so how is it ?     Really liked the salad bar / fish fry before they got rid of it … 
    • fins_n'_feathers
      Thanks for the reports. Going to give it a try this evening. Got very frustrated and had to give it a break for a while. Hopefully things turned around a bit. 
    • Rick
      Anglers have set new Minnesota state records for whitefish and golden redhorse. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources certified a record 13 pound, 9 ounce whitefish caught by an Oklahoma angler ice fishing on Lake of the Woods, and a 4 pound, 13 ounce golden redhorse caught by an angler who beat his own state record.  The DNR certifies state record fish in two categories: for fish caught and kept; and for caught and released northern pike, muskellunge, lake sturgeon and flathead catfish. Whitefish The Oklahoma angler, Billy King, was getting an introduction to Minnesota ice fishing with two other anglers April 6. They were catching walleye, sauger, and tulibee, and in the evening were fishing near a sandbar for the sunset walleye bite on Lake of the Woods. Despite the others initially catching more fish, King stuck to his spot on the ice and was rewarded with not only the biggest walleye of the day, but soon after, the huge whitefish. “This turned out to be the trip of a lifetime and I have to say that everyone was so nice. Not just in relation to the potential new state record but everyone was so polite and welcoming. It made the trip all the more enjoyable,” King said. Golden redhorse Ethan Rasset – already a state record holder for golden redhorse – was fishing for redhorse March 24 on the Otter Tail River with a friend from college. Rasset caught the record 4 pound, 13 ounce fish with a chartreuse curly-tail artificial lure, on a shallow flat with rubble that had produced a few smaller golden redhorse earlier in the morning. His previous record was a 4-pound, 8-ounce golden redhorse he caught in April 2018 on the Otter Tail River. Rasset said he was quite excited when he suspected he may have broken his own record. “Very few people can say they have broken a state record twice!” Rasset said. Current records and information about how to submit documentation for a record fish are available at mndnr.gov/recordfish. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • roony
      Maybe he or she was trying to invent the "hashbrown pizza". 😆 With bacon and cheese it might not be too bad.  
    • DonkeyHodey
      The Sip remains higher than usual for mid June.  (it’s current height is more what I see in early/mid may but there’s plenty of good shore spaces to throw a line.) Water is warm—70’s.  Water is quite clear for the Sip—lack of rain in past ~2 weeks is limiting runoff (that’ll change apparently this weekend…) Smallies are getting more active and taking variety of baits—surface/cranks/etc… Suckers are done running…☹️ Walleyes are moving deeper (...I usually find them tough to target during day until water cools down again in fall) Panfish have moved into the shallow/flats   Daughter and I were fishing yesterday morning and got 3 nice sunnies, 2 smaller wallies, and 1 healthy, feisty smallie—fishing with crawlers.  (bite was nibbly:  We lost quite a few worms compared to the fish we landed…--overall seemed a bit disappointing and less active than we expected… but that’s fishing.  We were hoping the kitties might be active but didn’t find any…  ?Weather change this weekend might change things.)   River seems to be settling into its usual summer pattern;  we were pleasantly surprised at how morning fishing from a shady/tree lined shore and neither or us saw a single mosquito!  (there were quite a few small mayflies 2 weeks ago and they’re all but gone.  Wonder if that could be part of the sluggish bite?)
    • rumeye
      Mink lake right by Kimball has a trail on the south end off the road you can walk. It's pretty cool you end up on some small cliffs you can fish off of. There is trout in there also. Pine trestle over by Two island has Splake in it has nice shore fishing spots caught a few there.
    • leech~~
      Down by Nisswa Mn on lake Edward two weeks ago was a full blow hatch they were every where and you had to keep your mouth shut or eat one!! 😕  
    • gunner55
      Seen a few on the surface in the last week but no full blown hatch here yet near Bowstring, Winnie/Cut Foot. Some big clouds over the deeper mud on the graph too. Had just < 67* surface temps last night & early today.