• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bassNspear

Cassell for a Big Ticket!

Scott K

There are many qb's you could get from any team for 2 first rounders, and I am sure most qb's wouldnt turn down a close to $15 million a year offer either. I think you could just about pry any qb away with that offer, ALMOST!

Cassell may or may not be better then T-Jack, he had a few good games, and a few average games all with some good recievers to throw to. I would hate to trade the farm, and give him most of our remaining cap money, to find out it was a one season wonder, and the recievers made him good. Then where are the Vikes for the next few years, no good draft picks, and no money to spend on any free agents. To big of a gamble! Maybe a first and C. Taylor?

Tip Up Rookie

Appearantly no one remembers Derek Anderson.....

Rick

Just another T-Jack.

Tip Up Rookie

this time last year, everyone was after Derek Anderson and he sucked in '08 after signing a big contract. Too much risk on Cassell. Any one know what are the other QB free agent options there are this year?

Dave S

Reports out there say the odds are good he will not be good to go right away.

Which brings to mind something that I've mentioned in the past. I don't think the Pat's are impressed with Brady for NOT using team doctors for his injury. Had he done so, he might be ready for next season. This may be the deciding factor in Brady's fate this fall. I still think if he's not ready, they might cut him.

Meycatch

What future without a good quarterback. Im sick of watching them barely making 500 most years. they ve got to do something. We ll waste all of Adrians good years if we dont get one now. Invest in someone that is young and is progressing great, instead of taking another risk on a maybe(flop!)

koonie

Even though Hasselbeck is getting old he would be a very good fit for our offense. Of course we would need to draft another quarterback because he won't play too many more years. We'd have to trade a draft pick to get him though(3rd rounder maybe).

It would be nice to get a young guy that is progressing but nobody gives up those guys to another team.

NO WAY would I give up 2 first round picks for Cassell! Those picks could be our quarterback of the future. Two very good guys coming out this year(Stafford, Sanchez) and a bunch next year.

FISHINGURU

I'd take alot of different options over Cassell, I agree any qb would look good throwing to moss and welker...EXCEPT t-awesome lol.

I'd take Hasselbeck or Anderson over Cassell in a heartbeat...I watched tons of Cleveland games where the recievers dropped half the passes, alot of them in the endzone. We have a better squad then Cleveland I think Anderson would do good here...better then what we have forsure imo.

maros91

Matt Cassell = Scott Mitchell

koonie

Biff. You could very well have nailed it!

zamboni

Biff, when you changing that pic of Jessica over to the one with her in her "mom" jeans?

maros91

I seen that one. Man she looks fat in those jeans and not ph fat either. I'll see what I can do.

maros91

There. How's that? eek

Windy City

Switch it back, switch it back, PLEASE!

Jim Uran

Originally Posted By: Tip Up Rookie

Just another T-Jack.

If I remember correctly you were the biggest Tjack fan around.

Rick

Your memory is incorrect and looks like it might need work leechbait. smile I do believe those who negative name call the Vikings are not true Vikings fans.

T-Jack is better than Frerotte and is as good a value as Cassel or Anderson.

We need a decent QB with savvy if we're going to deal for QBs.

Scott K

Your memory is incorrect and looks like it might need work leechbait. smile I do believe those who negative name call the Vikings are not true Vikings fans.

T-Jack is better than Frerotte and is as good a value as Cassel or Anderson.

We need a decent QB with savvy if we're going to deal for QBs.

Do you have a QB in mind? If so how much do you think the Vikes should give up to get said QB?

Of the available Qb's I like Anderson the most, I think he has alot of upside.

Rick

I don't think Anderson has a lot of upside. Outside of the first eight games he played when he un-seated Frye he has been mediocre at best. If you go to last year even with the drops of which some can be attributed to Anderson, there is a reason they went to Quinn who hasn't shined either, but Quinn does have more upside.

Anderson reminds me of Scott Mitchell and would make a great back-up QB.

Cassel is a system QB a lot like Tatum Bell-Reuben Droughns were system RBs.

We need a Warner-Collins type QB. Someone who is steady and savvy.

Scott K

I would take either one of them!

Thanks for not saying Favre wink

Rick
laugh Favre might be an improvement, especially considering the obvious options right now.

Tip Up Rookie

anyone think there is any chance we could pry mcNabb away from Phili?

Rick

If they had not made the play-offs I believe he would have been a Viking. Chili adores him and the Philly fans would have done their best to kick him to the curb.

I don't think McNabb comes here after that playoff run.

Scott K

anyone think there is any chance we could pry mcNabb away from Phili?

Tip Up Rookie

Sweet, thanks for that update!

what do you think the vikes would have to give up to get thier hands on McNasty?

Scott K

I think the Eagles will expect alot, but they wont get it. I would think a 1st, and a 3rd or more. I think the Vikings are unlikely to give up their first rounder to any team for a QB. So I dont see this deal happening!