• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cassell for a Big Ticket!

bassNspear

What future without a good quarterback. Im sick of watching them barely making 500 most years. they ve got to do something. We ll waste all of Adrians good years if we dont get one now. Invest in someone that is young and is progressing great, instead of taking another risk on a maybe(flop!)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim Panfish Uran

• Rick

• Scott K

• zamboni

Even though Hasselbeck is getting old he would be a very good fit for our offense. Of course we would need to draft another quarterback because he won't play too many more years. We'd have to trade a draft pick to get him though(3rd rounder maybe).

It would be nice to get a young guy that is progressing but nobody gives up those guys to another team.

NO WAY would I give up 2 first round picks for Cassell! Those picks could be our quarterback of the future. Two very good guys coming out this year(Stafford, Sanchez) and a bunch next year.

I'd take alot of different options over Cassell, I agree any qb would look good throwing to moss and welker...EXCEPT t-awesome lol.

I'd take Hasselbeck or Anderson over Cassell in a heartbeat...I watched tons of Cleveland games where the recievers dropped half the passes, alot of them in the endzone. We have a better squad then Cleveland I think Anderson would do good here...better then what we have forsure imo.

Originally Posted By: Tip Up Rookie
Appearantly no one remembers Derek Anderson.....

Just another T-Jack.

If I remember correctly you were the biggest Tjack fan around.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Your memory is incorrect and looks like it might need work leechbait. smile I do believe those who negative name call the Vikings are not true Vikings fans.

T-Jack is better than Frerotte and is as good a value as Cassel or Anderson.

We need a decent QB with savvy if we're going to deal for QBs.

Your memory is incorrect and looks like it might need work leechbait. smile I do believe those who negative name call the Vikings are not true Vikings fans.

We need a decent QB with savvy if we're going to deal for QBs.

Do you have a QB in mind? If so how much do you think the Vikes should give up to get said QB?

Of the available Qb's I like Anderson the most, I think he has alot of upside.

I don't think Anderson has a lot of upside. Outside of the first eight games he played when he un-seated Frye he has been mediocre at best. If you go to last year even with the drops of which some can be attributed to Anderson, there is a reason they went to Quinn who hasn't shined either, but Quinn does have more upside.

Anderson reminds me of Scott Mitchell and would make a great back-up QB.

Cassel is a system QB a lot like Tatum Bell-Reuben Droughns were system RBs.

We need a Warner-Collins type QB. Someone who is steady and savvy.

laugh Favre might be an improvement, especially considering the obvious options right now.

If they had not made the play-offs I believe he would have been a Viking. Chili adores him and the Philly fans would have done their best to kick him to the curb.

I don't think McNabb comes here after that playoff run.

Sweet, thanks for that update!

what do you think the vikes would have to give up to get thier hands on McNasty?

I think the Eagles will expect alot, but they wont get it. I would think a 1st, and a 3rd or more. I think the Vikings are unlikely to give up their first rounder to any team for a QB. So I dont see this deal happening!

t-awesomes value is no where near anderson or cassel...there probably isn't a team in this league that would prefer t-awesome over anderson or cassel....only thing t-awesome even has over frerotte is his natural skills but he doesn't play the position any better....the t-awesome fans will always talk about how he once had a 4td game (al bundy).

FG,

I mean value based on what we'd have to pay for any of them. If you buy a $10 rod for $5 it's a better value than a $20 rod for $25.

Frankly the risk is much greater with either of the two you think so highly of. They are both likely flashes in the pan or fools gold if you will (with the exception of Cassell if he stays playing in the Pat's system). We know what we have with T-Jack. A QB who definitely lacks savvy but can guide a team with few errors with respect to interceptions.

Now I could see a second or third round pick for McNabb. That would be greater value than TJ by a long shot.

i hear ya rick...except t-awesome is a rod I got sick of using and left down on the river...i don't think highly of either cassell or anderson....i'd never want us to spend what they want for unproven cassell....anderson has alot of potential in our system forsure....we have a running game and a defense...we wouldn't ask him to throw the ball 40 times a game.

don't be fooled by t-awesomes few errors....its tough to throw pics when you throw it to the safe option 95% of the time...like if you were fishing structure and there was alot of big fish in the main structure area but also a bunch of snags...so you just keep casting near the structure to catch the dinks cause your afraid to lose your lure.

on a side note, the vikes wouldn't neccessarily have to give up a couple first round picks to get cassell...thats only if we were to sign him from out under the pats.

they can decide to trade him now to the highest bidder which is probably their plan assuming brady is healthy..instead of just letting him go and get nothing they put the tag on him to get compensation and to have a decent qb if brady is delayed coming back from injury.

i don't think the pats are gonna pay a combined 29 million going into this season just at the QB position.

its the same scenario we went through last year to get jared...he was tagged but we worked a deal in trade besides just signing him and giving the chiefs multiple 1st round picks.

if your after young guys that have potential, why not look at Tyler Thigpen? He started 2/3 of the games last year for the Cheifs and was putting up some great numbers with a recieving crew that is about the same as the Vikes. Let the Chiefs have Cassell, we could get Thigpen for alot less.

Didn't the vikes draft Thigpen a few years ago?

we drafted pigpen in the 7th round of the 07 draft then released him hoping to get him on the practice squad but the chiefs swooped up on him.

we drafted pigpen in the 7th round of the 07 draft then released him hoping to get him on the practice squad but the chiefs swooped up on him.

Yet another fine move by the masterminds that run our organization........... smirkcry

i hear ya rick...except t-awesome is a rod someone got sick of using and left down on the river...i don't think highly of either cassell or anderson....i'd never want us to spend what they want for unproven cassell....anderson has alot of potential in our system forsure....we have a running game and a defense...we wouldn't ask him to throw the ball 40 times a game.

don't be fooled by t-awesomes few errors....its tough to throw pics when you throw it to the safe option 95% of the time...like if you were fishing structure and there was alot of big fish in the main structure area but also a bunch of snags...so you just keep casting near the structure to catch the dinks cause your afraid to lose your lure.

that lure analogy is one of the best ones I've seen and hilarious to boot.

here's a thought. how about the twins and vikes work out a deal where the twins get tjack to play 3b and the vikes get buscher to be the qb? wink