• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cassell for a Big Ticket!

bassNspear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim Panfish Uran

• Rick

• Scott K

• zamboni

It's alot of $$$ for one position on that or any team. Too much I think. I think Cassell will get moved between now and the draft. When does a team have to declare their franchise players?

I think I saw somewhere it is Feb 5th through the 15th or something close to that. I think it was a smart move because there is a lot of teams out there that need a good QB (starts with a Vi and ends in a kings). I think the price is high, but just imagine the Viks chances with a good QB.

The Vikings would be insane to pay a high price for Cassell. Yes, he had one decent year. With Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to. There is no way the Vikes should give up talent + picks for an unproven commodity.

He had a rating of 89.4 , and some people are acting like he's another Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I don't think he's even another Eli Manning, at least not yet.

I am in no way putting him on that kind of pedistal, he is a good QB. A whole lot better than T-jack and a 38 year old. The price is high and might not be worth it, just dreaming of the day when the viks have a well rounded team instead of a few good players here and there.

But who I'm i kidding it is a minnesota team

Without a good Quarterback no team will do anything. Nomatter how many other good players are on the team. The Viks have to step up and Stop dreaming TJ is going to be the ticket. By the time he maybe does we ll be looking for other good players that have left or have gotten past their prime.

Cassel had one good year behind a pretty good Oline and an amazing QB staff - after sitting behind Tom Brady. I don't think the Vikes should roll the dice considering the high price involved

I dont think it is worth it. A very high price tag, then having to part with a couple 1st round picks, nah! There are better options out there anyway!

He had a rating of 89.4 , and some people are acting like he's another Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. I don't think he's even another Eli Manning, at least not yet.

Exactly!.... the Pats are going to try and rip somebody off big-time in this instance.

Its a win-win for the pats - they have insurance in case Brady has issues coming back, and if Brady does come back they can trade Cassel for more than he's worth

I dont think it is worth it. A very high price tag, then having to part with a couple 1st round picks, nah! There are better options out there anyway!

Name them, Butt Favre, Hasselback, Grossman, Anderson. They're options but certainly not any better.

Cassel, is going to demand big money + 2 first round draft picks, and he has not even played a whole season! UNPROVEN!-BIG MONEY-LOSS OF 2 1ST ROUNDERS, NAH! Why risk your teams future on a guy that hasnt even played a whole season?

According to a lot of folks, our TEAM isn't getting any younger. Who knows it could pay off BIG. It's just an option. I was really looking for what other options you were talking about that were so much better.

IF nothing else works out as far as the other QB's I mentioned, than would you take that risk, if Cassell was the only one left or would you grit it out with Tjack for another year. I sure hope not.

This isn't comparable to the Herschel trade, not in the least. Dallas built their Dynasty with that trade. I know that's why they slapped Cassell with the franchise tag. The Pats are smart. They know they can't pay Cassell top dollar, but somebody will.

It's like watching a kid standing on the side of the pool for hours and hours, unable to dive in.

DIVE IN AND GET A GOOD QUARTERBACK!

HAHA it's the blacksheep guy again talking about Booty. HAHAH. Someday everyone will say darn, we should have listened to BRULEDRIFTER.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Cassel is not leaps and bounds over what we have now. That O-line, Moss and Welker would make any QB look good, even T-Jack. Especially not at the price that will be asked for him. We won't get a crack at him until too late because it will take a bit of training camp before the Pats will decide if Brady is good to go. Reports out there say the odds are good he will not be good to go right away.

There are many qb's you could get from any team for 2 first rounders, and I am sure most qb's wouldnt turn down a close to $15 million a year offer either. I think you could just about pry any qb away with that offer, ALMOST!

Cassell may or may not be better then T-Jack, he had a few good games, and a few average games all with some good recievers to throw to. I would hate to trade the farm, and give him most of our remaining cap money, to find out it was a one season wonder, and the recievers made him good. Then where are the Vikes for the next few years, no good draft picks, and no money to spend on any free agents. To big of a gamble! Maybe a first and C. Taylor?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Appearantly no one remembers Derek Anderson.....

Just another T-Jack.

this time last year, everyone was after Derek Anderson and he sucked in '08 after signing a big contract. Too much risk on Cassell. Any one know what are the other QB free agent options there are this year?

Reports out there say the odds are good he will not be good to go right away.

Which brings to mind something that I've mentioned in the past. I don't think the Pat's are impressed with Brady for NOT using team doctors for his injury. Had he done so, he might be ready for next season. This may be the deciding factor in Brady's fate this fall. I still think if he's not ready, they might cut him.