• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Big River

Just wondering if anybody else was on German or Jefferson today? and saw them guys pulling all the carp out. I seen like 4-5 crates full in the semi.

Jesse Drummer

that'sawsome! I did not hit the lakes today but it would of been awsome to see. I have seen a few with the camera.

Cold_blood

yea i was out there they were takin them outta jeff they put some new ones out yesterday and took the old ones out today man there were some big carp that they were pulling out i mean BIG!

Jesse Drummer

what do they do with the carp? I was really wanting to get into using a bow this spring but idk if there will be any left?

Cold_blood

thats a good question but there are always more left if ya need a lake this summer i got a shallow one that is loaded with them

PDOGG

I was really wanting to get into using a bow this spring but idk if there will be any left?

You get a bow and I'll give you a spot I don't think even you could miss at grin

benbosh

if he doesnt want the lake/spot ill take it grin, ive only done drainage ditches/rivers always wanted to try a lake but dint know what one to pick and where to go. you dont have to tell me but if you want you can email me: [email protected]

Jesse Drummer

ok mike ill hit you up later for that spot smile

Scott M

Dude, what's removed from the lake from under ice seining doesn't even put a dent in the population. Go ahead and make some bowfishing plans.

Jesse Drummer

It was sarcasim chill out da chise. P.S I just watched one of your videos and it was truelly amazing!

zepman

I've seen them do quite a bit the past few years. From talking with the crew, they send them out east to fish markets and people actually pay to eat them.

PDOGG

if he doesnt want the lake/spot ill take it grin, ive only done drainage ditches/rivers always wanted to try a lake but dint know what one to pick and where to go. you dont have to tell me but if you want you can email me: [email protected]

Actually what I was gonna tell him is a drainage ditch just below a dam. Carp everywhere. The N.E. corner of Ballentyne gets some major carp spawning action I had some buddies do pretty well there this summer. The duck slough across from my house has alot of carp and it's really shallow so it makes for easy pickings. And if your up for a little bit of a drive Lake Preston north of Buffalo Lake near Hucthinson is loaded with carp and they always seem to be hanging out at the top of the water with there mouths open.

KTapper

Yeah I agree with Da chise31.. they do this stuff a lot and all it really does is the ones left all breed and then there is another explosion of carp for the next time the do the seining.

I too am looking into getting a Bow.

NTW

KTapper - I did some bowfishing last summer and can give you a few locations also... It is a pretty good time. Just be sure to do it out of a boat that you don't mind getting messy. I don't have your email yet, care to share it?

Whisker Trout Slayer

I have a question about bowfishing in Minnesota. What type of license would be necessary? Just my regular Non Resident fishing license? Or do they consider this hunting?

PDOGG

Fishing but keep it quiet or they'll start making us have both!!!

mnhunter79

I think all you need is a fishing license. I have never bought anything else and i shoot em every year.

Cold_blood

do you use the same bow or do you have a seperate bow for the carp? wanna do it this summer and i thought i saw that i could just put a reel of line on my bow but not sure

PDOGG

You can ust the same bow just buy the kit with the reel and the arrow it screws right into the stabilizer hole.

ec30_06

It is nice having a designated bowfishing bow. It can get messy if a big carp is bleeding and thrashing around.

NTW

If possible, I'd try to designate a bow for the same reasons. You'd be surprised the ridiculous situations you can get in with a bow and a carp in the boat. Especially, if you're just using a regular fishing boat. Plus, I am not smart enough to properly tune the weight down...

Whisker Trout Slayer

I guess one other question: Can a nonresident bowfish? I know we can't spear but can we bowfish? I looked in the regs and didn't see anything.

Cold_blood

Plus, I am not smart enough to properly tune the weight down...

what kind of pull weight are we talking like 20? 30? or what

mnhunter79

If you can afford a seperate bowfishing bow go for it. I just use my hunting bow. works fine. Make sure to take the time to re-sight in for bowhunting. And dont throw the bow around.

KTapper

KTapper - I did some bowfishing last summer and can give you a few locations also... It is a pretty good time. Just be sure to do it out of a boat that you don't mind getting messy. I don't have your email yet, care to share it?

Sounds good! my email is [email protected]