• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Both are good, family run businesses with plenty of gear. My vote goes to them. Gander Mountain and Scheel's in kato also have bait, but prices are pretty much the same and I always like to go with the local bait shops.

Agreed I really like going to both of those bait shops. Reel Fishing is on the way to my cabin so its convenient for me. Plus they have the after hours bait which is really a good thing if its late and yourout of minnows. I have used this once. Thanks Reel Fishing Outfitters!

Bobber Shoppe has a good selection . You also have Hermie's Bait & tackle by St Peter. Mankato has Gander also.

I would recommend Rfo in madison lake! Every time I use the "after hours" bait at rfo I always leave a 5 in the box. Hey , someone has to pay for the gas in the Ranger right? smile

there is also a new bait shop on the road across the highway from hermies(the ottawa road that goes to lesueur)i dont know the name of it though

there is also a new bait shop on the road across the highway from hermies(the ottawa road that goes to lesueur)i dont know the name of it though

I don't recall the name either, but if you're heading east on 99 from St. Peter, turn left before you head up the hill. The bait shop will be about 1/4 mile down the road on your right. Small place so don't blink or you'll miss it.

Have you stopped there?

Yes, it took alot of work to make them that fat. It would have been easier to just catch a few larger ones.

Those fish have to be fake! I have seen you in person and you are not a small person! those perch you are holding have to be atleast 24+ inches!

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
Yes, it took alot of work to make them that fat. It would have been easier to just catch a few larger ones.

Those fish have to be fake! I have seen you in person and you are not a small person! those perch you are holding have to be atleast 24+ inches!

Nope, they were only 15, and I took that picture. As real as it gets.

Originally Posted By: BK19

Have you stopped there?

It's actually very nice. Talk to Walt.

Originally Posted By: Team Otter

Have you stopped there?

It's actually very nice. Talk to Walt.

Good to know. Thanks Reid G.

Walts Hook Line and Sinker

Have you stopped there?

yes i have i like it why? plus it is owned by the brother in law of a guy i work with smile

Nick, stop in and check it out. Walt has been open for 11 months and I just heard about it. A new building with bait and a asst of tackle. Not a huge inventory but for just getting started he can cover what one needs.

Walt seems to be a very nice guy. If you stop in, let Walt know you are with Fishing Minnesota.

He also has a small assortment of cat gear as far as hooks, line and weights. he will also be carring suckers all summer for the cat fisherman.